FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe End is Truly Near

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2015 at 12:33
Originally posted by NutterAlert NutterAlert wrote:

Many moons ago Gryhon opened for Yes. What different trajectories these two groups have followed.
Yes have aspired for omnitemporality lurching around the Globe, Lord Squire hiring and firing as he goes, slowly reducing their relevance, but always swelling their coffers.

Gryphon are back on tour 6 date tour for first time in 35 years, and they are stunning. Already seen them once and have tickets for Union Chapel too next week.

Absence does indeed make the heart grow fonder.....

If Yes were playing a street party in my road, I'd probably still go out and watch.

My deepest regret at the moment is that I'm tied up in York and can't get to one of the Gryphon gigs. I saw them blow Yes offstage when Yes were at their peak (at the end of the Yes set, the audience were calling for Gryphon to come back - and they did, playing an encore with Yes). It's a shame they haven't come further north, because every comment I've seen is that they are still stunningly good.
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.
Hercules View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2015 at 12:39
Originally posted by A_Flower A_Flower wrote:

Pray for Chris Squire! For those who haven't heard, he was diagnosed with luekimia today

I heard he had some form of cancer, but leukaemia can be at a wholly different level of seriousness to most forms of the disease. His prognosis depends on which form he's got; hopefully one of the less serious ones.

My thoughts are with him and his family.

A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234