Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKlan - Polish Prog Band

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Klan - Polish Prog Band
    Posted: July 22 2015 at 07:05
Hello Everyone, I am new here and i want to share with you music of the one of the greatest Polish bands! I am talking about Klan. Klan is the psychedelic rock/progressive rock band that was created in 1969 in Poland in Warsaw. If we're talking about the Polish prog band you will here about SBB and Czesław Niemen, but very many people don't know that great Polish band. Even in Poland! This band had very many problems with recording their music because of the the communist regime in our country. They had recorded very many tracks for the polish radio and then hear their tracks for first time after two years after the recordings. Their also had very many problems in recording studio. Polish studios were always backward in communism, because of the poverty. But the Polish artistic idea survived and now you can hear this masterpiece.

one of the best tracks of their: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCs-nzANWB0
"Pociągi" means "Trains".

Here you can hear their album (They recorded only three in 1971, 1992 and 2011 and they are very different from each other): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIix585OBOc&list=PLgIqu0fgAH7maUwkFZq7AXoPjYxSNimCy
This album is called "Mrowisko". It means "Anthill". Anthill like cities that we are living in. Enjoy!

PS: Forgive me for my english skills please, i am in the phase of learning. :)

Edited by Sinico - July 22 2015 at 07:06
Selwyn View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2015 at 07:40
It is rare to have Polish 70s rock/fusion lps as gatefold.
   Is it true that orig press Mrowisko was a foc?

I have had 3 copies over the years - still have a trade copy - and all were non-foc.
 Post Reply Post Reply