Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedProg Fashion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2015 at 01:47
Originally posted by Svetonio Svetonio wrote:

Bijelo Dugme, 1974

I don't know of them, but they had a nice stage fashion vibe!  I used to really dig the platform shoes!  

Glenn Cornick had a great pair of platforms on when his band Wild Turkey opened for Tull's TAAB show in Chicago!  10 October, 1972!   Here's some really old Tull! 

Edited by cstack3 - July 25 2015 at 01:48
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2015 at 01:42
Originally posted by cstack3 cstack3 wrote:

Originally posted by The.Crimson.King The.Crimson.King wrote:

You can't talk prog fashion without talking Tull.  I took these shots on the '78 tour when Ian was doing his country gentleman look.  The 2nd shot is Tony Williams (who was filling in for John Glascock on the same tour) doing the country squire riding thing.  The 3rd showcases Ian's country look with Martin's penchant for flower print suits and a bow tie...that's style!

Hell yeah!  Thanks for posting!  I saw TAAB and Minstrel tours, and your observations about Ian's styles are on the money! 

Jeffery Hammond-Hammond was always dapper and fully engaged!  He ruled that stage!  

I saw Jethro Tull for the first time at that tour, in Belgrade, in April 1975. I remember that I been impressed with their costumes.

Edited by Svetonio - July 25 2015 at 01:46
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2015 at 01:37
Bijelo Dugme, 1974

Dado Topić, the frontman of Time

Edited by Svetonio - July 27 2015 at 13:34
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2015 at 00:51
Originally posted by The.Crimson.King The.Crimson.King wrote:

You can't talk prog fashion without talking Tull.  I took these shots on the '78 tour when Ian was doing his country gentleman look.  The 2nd shot is Tony Williams (who was filling in for John Glascock on the same tour) doing the country squire riding thing.  The 3rd showcases Ian's country look with Martin's penchant for flower print suits and a bow tie...that's style!

Hell yeah!  Thanks for posting!  I saw TAAB and Minstrel tours, and your observations about Ian's styles are on the money! 

Jeffery Hammond-Hammond was always dapper and fully engaged!  He ruled that stage!  

Edited by cstack3 - July 25 2015 at 00:55
The.Crimson.King View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2015 at 00:42

Edited by The.Crimson.King - July 25 2015 at 00:46
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2015 at 00:12
Back in the 1970s, I thought that the British prog artists had the best rock stage fashion by far!  American rockers were all about bell-bottom blue jeans and tee shirts, while the Brits were into all sorts of classical and futuristic stage garb.  This made for a very entertaining performance in addition to the music!  

Post some pictures of your favorites!  This was how Squire was dressed when I saw the CTTE concert in Chicago, 22 September, 1972....as a young kid, I really dug those boots!!  Clap

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789