Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Proto-Prog and Prog-Related Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLast Three Zep albums Remastered

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2015 at 00:43
What it tells us is that they used every bit of viable material they had for their albums, as it should be.  Consequently almost no feasible, unused content appears to exist.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2015 at 09:19
I'm somewhat burned out  on Zeppelin anyway.......don't play their music very often these days.
If you turn on any classic rock radio in my area you hear them more than enough.
I still play Zoso and Houses now and then.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
uduwudu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2015 at 12:03
The outtakes of ITTOD sound like a slightly inferior exact copy of ITTOD. Presence is worth it for prog heads for the Pod song.  It's a JPJ thing and very nice as it builds up when the guitars and drums come in. Royal Orleans has Bonzo on vox. Captain Beefheart fans will worship the devil to this.

Coda could be a 2 CD thing but for some reason they're all spread over 3 discs. Really I suppose all the essential extra tracks would fill up Coda to maybe 3 - 4 full discs except for the concert with the first one. That's killer. But Coda is still worth it for the ever increasing odds and sods nature of it.

There are still ommissions and suspicious absences. I know he wanted to avoid material out there in bootleg land but I suspect there's more to Swan Song than the two fairly complete cuts unofficially released. He ddi say when Coda was released thT "that is all there is, really." Uh,um, not quite Jimmy. 17 unofficial CDs later...

OK now what Zeppelin cut features on a Zeppelin album but does not feature Zeppelin?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12