Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official Statement Released by Steve Howe
    Posted: August 19 2005 at 21:40

Steve Howe's official statement concerning the More Drama Tour:

August, 2005

Dear All,

I would like to say how sorry I am that the More Drama Tour was cancelled, especially to those who bought tickets, booked hotels or booked flights.

The reasons, like most things today, are pretty hard to explain.

We certainly had visa issues that continued after we had cancelled the first two dates. Then a whole variety of seemingly smaller problems undermined the stability and practicality of the tour. Again, I am very sorry it stopped in its tracks, prior to the start. All is now fine with my visa.

I actually received a letter from IBIS, who deal with these issues saying that there was no problem with my paperwork. So, if anything it seems it was NEVER my case that was the problem. I object to the determination of some to seek to BLAME, when, as I stated, this was a combination of problems, not a singular issue.

My dates with my friend, Martin Taylor in Japan have also been called off, fortunately before venues were announced and tickets had gone on sale. Different circumstances, same end product.

Sorry to our Japanese friends who had planned to attend. European dates together in April '06 are looking strong, more details to follow.

Nevertheless, some good opportunities do exist for this year. I will announce these, as and when confirmed dates are available.

I am not wasting any time as I re-plan dates and work on projects, as being productive is essential to my mind!

Homebrew 3 is in the pipeline, the sleeve is being developed, the music has been finalized and in a while, I will be able to let you know when it will be released on Inside Out.

Have a good Summer, wherever you are, and I hope to see you soon.

"It's amazing that we've been able to put up with each other for 35 years. Most marriages don't last that long these days."

-Chris Squire
 Post Reply Post Reply