Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLove Beach

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
A_Flower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Love Beach
    Posted: August 17 2015 at 23:01
In this topic, we shall worship the almighty Love Beach and all of it's teachings. We all know the the greatest album ever is Emerson, Lake, and Palmer's Love Beach while all there other stuff sits on the shelf. We will discuss our favorite moments from the album and our favorite areas of it's cover art. So let us begin: How many times have you listened to the whole album in the last five hours?
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2015 at 23:12
I mean, it is easy for Love Beach to be the best ELP album - look at its "competition"

All hail crotch .
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2015 at 07:20
My certificates taste like a nose.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2015 at 17:55
I have all seventeen versions released including the "Climb on my Rocket" shaped vinyl. I bought 1000 copies of the vinyl when it first came out, threw away the albums and used the covers to wallpaper my bedroom. It gets my wife's motor running!!
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
A_Flower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2015 at 23:26
I have a huge poster in my room of it. It's actually so huge that it takes up the whole roof. I don't know how many times I've listened to the album, probably 30 times a day. Every other album eer made is just ok. But this is the most beautiful thing in the world!
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2015 at 02:00
^ I detect a truckload of sarcasm right there, Flower man
.......there was a time I listened to it about 30 times a year during the late-80's.........
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2015 at 06:49
If you zoom in real close, there's a surprise in Emerson's bellybutton.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
A_Flower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2015 at 21:06
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

^ I detect a truckload of sarcasm right there, Flower man
.......there was a time I listened to it about 30 times a year during the late-80's.........

Sarcasm? What's a sarcasm? Can you buy one at Walmart?
progresssaurus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2015 at 06:27

S H O C K I N G   !!!!!!!!!

W H Y    I S     L O V E      B E A C H      W O R S H I P     I N    "J U S T    F O R   F  U N"  ?????????????????????

Angry Broken Heart
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2015 at 12:42
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2015 at 13:18
I give it about 40-45 spins a day, but it used to be a lot more :/

How many boxes of copies do you have?
A_Flower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2015 at 17:38
^Just finnished collecting enough to fill my 78th box. I keep all in this one room in my house, which is my Love Beach shrine. It's really cool, there's a poster that takes up te whole wall and I still got the mini figures of the band.

Boy, I still remember first hearing the album. I was so in aww that I listened to it over and over again for 3 days streight with no food/water/bathroom/sleep breaks. I cried the whole time. What about you on your first listen?
Pastmaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2015 at 17:57
I remember my first listen to Love Beach. Ay, I was just a wee lad who knew nothing of music. But, once I heard the pure majestic beauty blaring through the speakers when I turned on Love Beach, it was then when I knew what real music was. It's so complex, yet reaches to the deepest emotions. Sadness, anger, happiness, confusion, contemplation, even science is discussed in this conceptual masterpiece. Never before have I heard something so deep and alluring, even Yes's masterpiece 'Big Generator' doesn't take this much out of me. Even the Metallica album 'St. Anger' doesn't move me like Love Beach. Hell, even ELP's other work of genius 'In the Hot Seat' leaves me cold compared to the loving warmth of Love Beach.

Every day, Love Beach gets at least 10 listens from me. I listen to it before I go to sleeep, I listen to it before each meal, I listen to it whenever I'm in the car, I listen to it while playing such great video games like 'Big Rigs'. No day do I go without Love Beach, even when I'm with friends I have to play Love Beach. However, thankfully everyone loves Love Beach. What's not to like?

Love Beach is simply the greatest, most heartfelt, most complex, and intriguing album ever. You haven't lived if you haven't heard Love Beach. 

Edited by Pastmaster - August 24 2015 at 18:04
A_Flower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2015 at 18:48
Originally posted by Pastmaster Pastmaster wrote:

I remember my first listen to Love Beach. Ay, I was just a wee lad who knew nothing of music. But, once I heard the pure majestic beauty blaring through the speakers when I turned on Love Beach, it was then when I knew what real music was. It's so complex, yet reaches to the deepest emotions. Sadness, anger, happiness, confusion, contemplation, even science is discussed in this conceptual masterpiece. Never before have I heard something so deep and alluring, even Yes's masterpiece 'Big Generator' doesn't take this much out of me. Even the Metallica album 'St. Anger' doesn't move me like Love Beach. Hell, even ELP's other work of genius 'In the Hot Seat' leaves me cold compared to the loving warmth of Love Beach.

Every day, Love Beach gets at least 10 listens from me. I listen to it before I go to sleeep, I listen to it before each meal, I listen to it whenever I'm in the car, I listen to it while playing such great video games like 'Big Rigs'. No day do I go without Love Beach, even when I'm with friends I have to play Love Beach. However, thankfully everyone loves Love Beach. What's not to like?

Love Beach is simply the greatest, most heartfelt, most complex, and intriguing album ever. You haven't lived if you haven't heard Love Beach. 

Everything said in this is completely true. The only album that comes close to it in my opinion in is Gentle Giant's masterpiece "Giant For a Day" or maybe even Frank Zappa's famous "Thing Fish". Big Generator is alright, so is the magnificent Rush album "Test For Echo." But Love Beach is the only album that moved me and it changed my whole life. I was in a rough spot before I first heard it. I was getting my assosiates degree at Harvard University, listening to horrible albums such as Selling England By The Pound and In The Court Of The Crimsob King. Even had a girlfriend who loved Rush. But then something helped me. Not therapy, not medication, but an album. An album that showed three men, showing there attractive looks. By the time I saw it I knew I was saved. And then I listened to it. It moved me. I knew how to live. I dumped my girlfriend and went to live in my mothers basement for the rest of my life. A much better life now. So I thank you, Love Beach, for all you ever did for me.
progresssaurus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2015 at 10:37
Praise ye the name of the Love Beach; praise this album, O ye believers of the progressive rock. According as divine power its hath given unto us all things that we need for appreciation other albums.

twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2015 at 13:16
Originally posted by A_Flower A_Flower wrote:

^Just finnished collecting enough to fill my 78th box. I keep all in this one room in my house, which is my Love Beach shrine. It's really cool, there's a poster that takes up te whole wall and I still got the mini figures of the band.

Boy, I still remember first hearing the album. I was so in aww that I listened to it over and over again for 3 days streight with no food/water/bathroom/sleep breaks. I cried the whole time. What about you on your first listen?
yeah, same thing
 Post Reply Post Reply