Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2015 at 13:13
Their Satanic Majesties Request
And this one too!

Edited by SteveG - August 26 2015 at 13:15
moosehead View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2015 at 14:24
^^ That's a great album to listen to high. I think you can only listen to it while high.  

Edited by moosehead - August 26 2015 at 14:24
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2015 at 21:10

RockHound View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2015 at 21:12
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Any kind of junk can sound good when you're high. 

Sounds like a high horse to me. LOL

Actually, crap sounds like crap no matter what you're on, whether it be drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, ice cream, or figurines.
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2015 at 21:57
I believe one can listen to many tracks of the Beatles either high/tipsy or sober I think Big smileApprove
Here is one example:
Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds- The Beatles (Yellow Submarine)  

and here's another of so many others:
THE BEATLES - Strawberry Fields Forever

ok just one more of many of my favorites here:
The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

Hug

Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2015 at 01:47
Originally posted by Nickname420 Nickname420 wrote:

Originally posted by Kati Kati wrote:

No one cares about your sobriety, we came here for good music to jam to stoned. Not a bunch of pathetic diatribes about how strong willed you are and how your better than those that smoke. Go elsewhere please, leave this for those that can relate you condescending egotists, thinking your so great drinking water with flouride and ingesting god knows what. That's for those littering this thread with irrelevance. Some Caravan, Roy Harper, Uriah Heep, early floyd as Moosehead has mentioned are dope to jam too.
You are nasty and no need to say what you did here. We do not need people like you here, be nice or you'll be on your own. Why would you think saying what you did and think it's ok, this I cannot understand.

uhhh, I'm just being realistic unlike you. If you got to know me I'm very pleasant person, it depends how you want to interact with me. I don't need any unsolicited advice especially coming from you. Please read past the part where you feel insulted in attempt to understand my point. Personally we don't need such ignorant, primitive and insecure like you in society period but regardless, maybe next time before you spew your emotions everywhere you can come up with a constructive opinion that actually makes sense to counter mine. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.
Nickname420,
You see now how what you say effects and hurts other people, you too were offended by what I said and disagreed by saying that you were a good person in reality?
What one says has consequences, why not instead be nice to people? Life is short and for me it's not a cliché it's true, life is too short to be angry and fight about egos. All this is not important, we should come here to escape from the harsh reality and come here for pure enjoyment. I do think you were misunderstood and infact are a nice person, pls think before you say anything, think positive and be nice, I think you are nice :)
P.S. Tom Ozric is one of the most wonderful friends I have met here or elsewhere ever, I love him too much, he is a very sincere person who is so nice and has a great sense of humour too.
Peace and a hug to you :)  

N.B.: Also; Thank you very much what you said, Hercules, much appreciated really :) xxxx

I guess those that still haven't cease to understand my point. I guess you guys have been sheltered from the dark, morbid reality of the internet. I know life is short, that's why you should learn from your mistakes, apply criticism and stop repeating cycles like so many of us are now. I didn't disagree with you that I'm a good person, I disagreed with your weak criticism of my opinion. I was hoping to been proven wrong, not "you are nasty and no need to say what you did here". I'd love to be as naive as you. Soo, what does your relationship with Tom have to do with anything. Stop sticking up for each other and stick up for yourselves, I think at your age you should know how to. This world advances more everyday, it's survival of the fittest intellectually, the more you guys live under a rock the more behind and obsolete your thinking becomes. Whatever, if you guys don't get it by now that's sad.
Oh you really make me lost for words here, you have no idea of our backgrounds nor our academic achievements, yet you insult us and try to patronize me, what you said here above is very silly really. I take no offense in what you said because it humored me, it's narcissistic and absolutely ridiculous. I will always stand up against anyone treating another person badly (friend or foe) and when it comes to my friends even more so, this does not make me weak infact it shows a strong character trait. I can stand up for myself too! You are an angry person and I feel sorry for you, I do not like you (even more so now) and yes my first perception of you was correct, you are a nasty person who is not nice nor considerate towards other people. I do care about you and you don't care about me or others, so be it!  
P.S. Just because I prefer to be nice, happy and give hugs here, it does not relate to my job in the execute world were I do strive. I find your attitude none threatening, infact it's quite amusing as I cannot think of any person possessesing a highly developed intellect who could possibly or would behave like you do.
Enough said here, now back to positive things!

Edited by Kati - August 27 2015 at 01:52
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2015 at 02:06
There is a magnificent album by Dino Valente (vocalist in Quicksilver Messenger Service) who put out his, to my knowledge, only S/T debut album in 1968. It is mostly slow, coffee-house acid-folk of the highest order. It is a sheer bliss-out album to listen to in ANY state of mind, altered or otherwise. Oh, how I wish more folks knew of this gem.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2015 at 02:13
Originally posted by Disparate Times Disparate Times wrote:

You are correct I'd like to retract my previous post, I thought with the right herb even this may sound good
Originally posted by Disparate Times Disparate Times wrote:

Falco 3 - falco
Man was I wrong

Didn't need a doobie to know that, did you?? Tongue

Yes the pros and cons of drug use is out-of-topic and as long as I'm on this forum I'm gonna call you guys on your faults and contradictions. I actually want to enjoy this rest of the forum but you guys are real good at killing vibes like playing prog at a house party.

Not going to happen much longer if you don't stop acting like an arsehole...

Or are you actually acting? Coz I'm not sure you're faking it anymore .... maybe you are really a 100% freshly squeezed jus de trouduc, with added pulp if you wishTongue

Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2015 at 02:14
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

There is a magnificent album by Dino Valente (vocalist in Quicksilver Messenger Service) who put out his, to my knowledge, only S/T debut album in 1968. It is mostly slow, coffee-house acid-folk of the highest order. It is a sheer bliss-out album to listen to in ANY state of mind, altered or otherwise. Oh, how I wish more folks knew of this gem.
Ha! Thank you for this suggestion, Tom Hug I looked him up right now and went through a few track till I found one I like from that year :) I like this one very much, reminds me a bit of Tawnes van Zandt except this is more fast paced and more spaghetti western Big smile
 DINO VALENTE ~ Me and my uncle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR29AkGxcJo

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2015 at 02:29

Ha! Thank you for this suggestion, Tom Hug I looked him up right now and went through a few track till I found one I like from that year :) I like this one very much, reminds me a bit of Tawnes van Zandt except this is more fast paced and more spaghetti western Big smile

It's unknown, partly (mostly) because he wasn't around to promote it ... he was in jail for drug law offence (which is why he missed the first three QMS albums)
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2015 at 02:35
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

It's unknown, partly (mostly) because he wasn't around to promote it ... he was in jail for drug law offence (which is why he missed the first three QMS albums)

Awww sorry to hear that, naughty Dino :) that track I posted above was fab tho', Sean Trane :) xxx
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2015 at 02:39

One of my favorite all time song is this! Awww Jeff Beck plays tunes, makes every note count, they grow in layers and makes the notes bleed when needed too. I love this track so much. That hot chick playing bass is fantastic too btw! :) No drugs needed I feel every note and get high from it, put on my headphones, close my eyes and omg !!!!  fantastic! xxxxxxxxx

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2015 at 02:43
^^ Definitely a cool version of the song, though I do love his longer, mellow ramblings like Something New.
Sadly, he passed away sometime in the 90's. All too young.
With QMS, he did similar things, like Gone Again and Long Haired Lady. Just intoxicating.

Edited by Tom Ozric - August 27 2015 at 03:49
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2015 at 02:49
Now here is my pick and I think it's an appropriate choice too regarding this thread :) this song I dedicate to you Tom Ozric and you too Sean Trane Hug
I love this song so much :) even he sounds high and like he has drank a whole case of whiskey too LOL
Tom Waits - "Hold On" (ANTI-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPnOEiehONQ
more Hug
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2015 at 03:24

Now here is my pick and I think it's an appropriate choice too regarding this thread :) this song I dedicate to you Tom Ozric and you too Sean Trane Hug
I love this song so much :) even he sounds high and like he has drank a whole case of whiskey too LOL
Tom Waits - "Hold On" (ANTI-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPnOEiehONQ
more Hug
Thanks for the dedication Kati, but....
Naahhh!!! TW always sounds like thisGeek...
He's also permanently stoned tooErmm... But him, it is on 79% N2 and 21% O2LOL
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2015 at 03:48
^ Yeah, thanks Kati - TW - an acquired taste.
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2015 at 07:37
Pink Floyd :1967-1973 releases specially Ummagumma
Camel : "Rajaz" album specially Instrumental tracks
Carptree : "Man Made Machine" , Superhero , Insekt
Ifsounds : "Reset (English version)" 2015
Nodo Gordiano : "Nous"

This list use for one definition or mean or face of HIGH word (IMO). HIGH have many faces and means in drug world!!
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2015 at 16:34
Carry on - the "bad vibes" have been vibed out Wink
moosehead View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2015 at 17:23
Originally posted by Andy Webb Andy Webb wrote:

Carry on - the "bad vibes" have been vibed out Wink

I don't think this forum will ever have any good or positive vibes.
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2015 at 17:24
What the hell...

The above mentioned Stones album^
Psicomagia - s/t
Pink Floyd - Saucerful of Secrets
Igor Wakhevitch - Docteur Faust
Steve Miller Band - Children of the Future
Popol Vuh - Seligpreisung
Santana - Lotus
Miles Davis - In a silent way
Marvin Gaye - What's going on
Boards Of Canada - Music has the right to Children
Dungen - Tio Bitar
Heldon - Stand By
Tangerine Dream - Atem
The Taj Mahal Travellers - Any of their releases should work really
Material - Hallucination Engine

“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>