FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPink Floyd Ummagumma

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pink Floyd Ummagumma
    Posted: August 23 2005 at 20:30

I read somewhere in the internet that the magnificent live album wasn´t live at all, they said they recorded it in studio and then overdubbed the chants.

Does somebody know the thruth about it? 

TURK182! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 11:10

We've got to clarify something, you surely know but just to be sure. There's 2 CD on that album, first one live and the other a studio one. For having listening to this album many, many times, I cannot believe that the first CD (labeled Live) is some studio work with crowd voices added on.

If your statement is true, it's surely not the studio version of Astronomy Domine on "Pipers at the gates of Dawn" that is playing behind those supposed added crowd voices. And it's the same thing for the other songs on the album ("Set the controls for the heart of the sun" it's not he one from "saucerfull" and "saucerfull of secrets" it's not from the original one too. The song have not same length and it's very not difficult to see that's it's not the same versions.

I think that what you read from the internet is pure lies. It's just for people keep talking!

"A Flower!!!"
"If you go down to Willow farm, you look for Butterflies..."
rileydog22 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 22:17
I think that what orr is saying is that Floyd may have re-recorded the songs differently in the studio, then dubbed over a crowd, thus making the effect of a live album.  I don't know if that's true or not, but the Careful With That Axe, Eugene sounds very different from the version on the bootleg I have, so that is possible.

Post Reply Post Reply