3 [15.79%]
2 [10.53%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2018 at 22:10
Only heard three of these - Zanov, Dom, and Clivage. 

Out of these three, I didn't really care for Zanov since it didn't seem to have anything really unique or intriguing about it that I couldn't find on dozens of other prog electronic albums, though maybe repeat listens will help me find such a thing. Between Dom and Clivage, Clivage seems like the kind of thing I'd listen to more regularly, but Edge of Time is definitely the album that has made a bigger impression, with its hauntingly trippy soundscapes. 

I'll hold out on a vote until I hear the remaining albums. The Bubu comparison with respect to the Brave New World album has particularly piqued my curiosity.
when i was a kid a doller was worth ten dollers - now a doller couldnt even buy you fifty cents
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2018 at 12:11
Well, I'll be very interested to see if you hear the comparison in Brave New World's "The End" (as posted on the previous page) that I hear to Bubu's "El vjaje de anabelas" in particular.

I do find Docteur Faust and Lucifer Rising terrific, but not sure how you'd feel.

I love this (quite evil-sounding and it is not something I'd recommend to many people):

Just a fanboy passin' through.
Magnum Vaeltaja View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2018 at 22:16
Originally posted by Magnum Vaeltaja Magnum Vaeltaja wrote:

Only heard three of these - Zanov, Dom, and Clivage. 

Out of these three, I didn't really care for Zanov since it didn't seem to have anything really unique or intriguing about it that I couldn't find on dozens of other prog electronic albums, though maybe repeat listens will help me find such a thing. Between Dom and Clivage, Clivage seems like the kind of thing I'd listen to more regularly, but Edge of Time is definitely the album that has made a bigger impression, with its hauntingly trippy soundscapes. 

I'll hold out on a vote until I hear the remaining albums. The Bubu comparison with respect to the Brave New World album has particularly piqued my curiosity.

Well I finally got around to listening to all the albums in the poll and found a couple of new favourites in the Franco Leprino and Brave New World albums. I'd have to give the latter a couple more listens to really tune into the Bubu parallels, though I did hear some superficial similarities in the woodwind section just on first listen. Really dug the grooves right from the get go, though. I ended up voting for Leprino, though; really loved the seamless marriage of the abstract electronic atmospheres and pastoral RPI sensibility.

Lucifer Rising and Docteur Faust are also pretty great works, and I'll probably return to them in the future, but I suppose that the fact that they didn't leave a lasting impression has more to do with my mood while listening to them than anything. Great poll options all around, though!
when i was a kid a doller was worth ten dollers - now a doller couldnt even buy you fifty cents
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2018 at 01:57
Edge of Time.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12