Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2016 at 18:50
yeah... but.. well... hmmm

bah..

LOL
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
LearsFool View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2016 at 19:57
Well, it's official. Cruz has capitulated.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2016 at 20:01
yeah....  it is a party here!!!  One impending sign of the political Apocalypse averted ...

next we have to deal with Trump....
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2016 at 20:06
Both candidates are awful
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2016 at 20:14
Originally posted by LearsFool LearsFool wrote:

I have to say, I'm a bit shocked by this swift end to Cruz's campaign. He's been shrewd in the delegate game, had some great grassroots, I pegged him as someone who could deal the death of a thousand cuts to Trump.

Certainly he's too inflexible in his nutty beliefs to score well enough in places like Indiana, Pennsylvania, etc., but what I've also seen is how he suddenly had no grassroots in Penn, even though its primary style favoured his delegate strategy. Meanwhile, for the first time Trump brought out the street level big guns.

Cruz must've shot himself in both feet in recent weeks. Especially at crunch time, that's the kiss of death.

I think the key to his demise was a simple one... quoted from that article I posted earlier. Of course we call it lunacy...we see him as a lunatic. Far more dangerous than Trump would ever be. Cruz  might as well be from Mars for how progressive minded folks might see him. Those that might not be..

quite simple..

Another prominent Indianapolis Republican operative summed up in a few words what many Daniels Republicans here are thinking about Cruz:

“He has a terrible message.”

encouraged that at least some in the GOP have tired of the games and the 'culture war'. They started it, we'll fight it, but nice to see some in the GOP see they are losing, some battles they have simply lost. Time to move on to real issues. Problem of course for them.. is social issues are all that bankrupt party and its ideology had to hang its hat on. Trickle down economics was proven to be the failure we all knew it was going to be. The GOP forfeited their traditional stance of fiscal conservatism to the insane polcies cut revenue through tax cuts but continuing to increase spending... thus borrowing and borrowing and running up massive debts that first Clinton.. then Obama had to work around and attempt to bring down through fiscal responsibility.

LearsFool View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2016 at 14:22
And down goes Kasich.

Time travel is real, folks. Welcome back to 1964.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2016 at 15:00
Originally posted by LearsFool LearsFool wrote:

And down goes Kasich.

Time travel is real, folks. Welcome back to 1964.

YES!!!! Clap

bring it on Hillary... this is a hanging slider right over the heart of the plate.... don't swing and miss this one LOL

JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2016 at 02:28
So, a troll has become a nominee for President of the f**kin United States. 
Someone who was nothing more than a protest vote with 0 political experience has managed this, basically without trying. Spent barely any $, did nothing of the usual way (setting up ground forces, a nationwide network, even knowing the rules of the primaries) just a bored rich guy who went out there and winged it, making it all this way. 

Now, I expect he loses to Clinton, quite handily. If by some horrible miracle he wins, I actually think he'll either:
Stick to his guns, get nothing accomplished, end up as a one term President who'll go down as one of the most worthless ever, OR more realistically he'll 180 on everything and become the moderate Republican he used to be before he started pandering to the hate Obama crowd. 

I do worry what he'd  behave like on the international stage, that even if he breaks out the other Trump (the rarely seen intelligent, sane, calm one) behind closed doors the damage done to us would already be done. 

More than all that though, I am sick HOW this happened. That he was basically a social movement, not politics, a rebellion against "PC" and general anger at everything, how far it's gotten him. How he's used such blatant xenophobia and racism, how much a blank check people have given him, and how much of a personality cult he's built. 
It's like celeb worship taken to the nth degree, I guess sadly America deserves thisCryDead
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2016 at 02:33
Well, in total fairness to Trump...least he doesn't believe in top down class warfare. 
He will coddle the rich, Wall Street and business in general, but so will everyone else including Clinton. At least, unlike his fellow Republicans, he doesn't want to dismantle the social safety net and doesn't believe in whacky libertarian economics. 

JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2016 at 02:33
Well, in total fairness to Trump...least he doesn't believe in top down class warfare. 
He will coddle the rich, Wall Street and business in general, but so will everyone else including Clinton. At least, unlike his fellow Republicans, he doesn't want to dismantle the social safety net and doesn't believe in whacky libertarian economics. 

The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2016 at 09:04
I thank him for moving the discourse much farther to the left than normal, but now please Bernie, time to stop damaging the one person that stands between sanity and total calamity for the US. It's time to go. 
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2016 at 09:29
Goldman-Sachs for president
emigre80 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2016 at 10:17
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

He doesn't seem to believe in any particular economic theory, except "being great" and "getting rich" and you may have noticed how jittery the stock market has gotten since he got close to/clinched the nomination.

He will dismantle the safety net in a heartbeat if it will make him richer, and nuke anyone who pisses him off.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2016 at 10:37
I'm voting for trump because we need more politicians that admit they are not good people.
emigre80 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2016 at 10:54
Originally posted by timothy leary timothy leary wrote:

I'm voting for trump because we need more politicians that admit they are not good people.

please don't say that, even as a joke.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2016 at 11:14
I already said it

emigre80 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2016 at 11:20
then please take it back.
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2016 at 11:46
I wonder how many Sanders supporters will be idiotic enough to vote for Trump. I can try and understand the not-going-to-vote thing, but voting for the Republican (and THIS Republican especially) demands quite a few psychological descriptors to be used
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2016 at 12:45
I am not voting for trump or clinton, my guess is a lot of people will not vote because of a lack of good candidates.
emigre80 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2016 at 13:14
I am a Clinton fan and will vote for her with great enthusiasm.  If you vote for no one, you forfeit all right to complain if you don't like anything that happens during the next four years. That includes any distressing musician deaths and disappointing concerts.  Just so you are warned.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 146>