6 [31.58%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Donald Trump vs Justin Bieber vs Kanye West or
    Posted: March 05 2016 at 03:47
just for silly fun and todys media most known faces who influences the masses.

This is what Theodor Adorno critisized in the Dialectics of Cultural industry.

are we so easly lead and fooled, are we so coy?

Edited by Icarium - March 05 2016 at 03:48
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2016 at 03:53
Horkheimer and Adorno contend that industrially produced culture robs people of their imagination and takes over their thinking for them. The Culture Industry delivers the "goods" so that the people then only have left over the task of the consuming them. quote wiki
BarryGlibb View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2016 at 04:14
I've had cholera before and it's not as bad as either Bieber or Trump.
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2016 at 04:32
Adorno was however often a bit off in his musical assessments; his distaste for any temporary music not based on the Neue Wiener Schule (Second Viennese School) like Igor Stravinsky, Paul Hindemith, John Cage and jazz in general because to him they were just commercial articles is too harsh, whatever one thinks of these composers and/or jazz

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Formentera Lady View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2016 at 04:38
I just had a few listens to some Kanye West songs, and it was not really that bad (compared to the other choices.)
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2016 at 07:03
Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

Adorno was however often a bit off in his musical assessments; his distaste for any temporary music not based on the Neue Wiener Schule (Second Viennese School) like Igor Stravinsky, Paul Hindemith, John Cage and jazz in general because to him they were just commercial articles is too harsh, whatever one thinks of these composers and/or jazz
im listening to Adornos modernist classical music now, quite beutifull but also intriguing.
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2016 at 07:54
Colera - Classic symptom is large amounts of watery diarrhea that lasts a few days. Vomiting and muscle cramps may also occur. Diarrhea can be so severe that it leads within hours to severe dehydration and electrolyte imbalance. This may result in sunken eyes, cold skin, decreased skin elasticity, and wrinkling of the hands and feet. The dehydration may result in the skin turning bluish. Symptoms start two hours to five days after exposure.

All in all that sounds a lot more bearable than dealing with Donald, Justine or Kanye, all of which elicit far worse symptoms IMHO.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Polymorphia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2016 at 10:28
I like some of Kanye's music, and Beiber's was always a harmless Michael Jackson imitation. But as far as public personas go, Beiber's is the most tolerable, though he's said some pretty stupid stuff too.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2016 at 20:09
I'd rather see Donny Osmond elected president.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2016 at 00:58
cholera seems like the lesser evil in this list
uduwudu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2016 at 05:40
I recently heard K West. He'd sampled 21st Century Schizoid Man. Hmm... could be interesting. So I gave in. And cracked up.

Well KC is v.v.v.v. interesting of course. K. West to me sounded like Frank Spencer (Some Mothers Do Have 'em) fronting Motorhead. We-ll...

Bieber is a teen girl idol type fare. A pop industry standard for nearly 100 years.

There is a cure for cholera.

Trump is a bad person causing considerable harm in his country. A boot boy with a predilection for nukes and causing division and disharmony. Like many politicians he will be the cause of many deaths and social decay. His voters will be the first (they are reportedly 90 - 95% so in the military). Amazing how people vote against their own best interests - life, liberty etc while thinking they are.)

While I find it odd that the USA first had the good sense to elect Barack Obama what are they doing putting up with this...

Ah well, it truly shows there is no colour bar in American politics; the funniest and most tragic reality show out there. A black President and an orange candidate.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2016 at 06:31
Donald Trump remeinds me of Eric Cartman gone real, like it is a Trey Parker and Matt Stone prank, but sadly it is not. Look like Michael Moore will have some new documentary program ideas to cover the mystery of laTrump. Michael Moore seems a little influenced by Adorno, if not directly, in-directly, from what ive read from the Cultur Industry, most of american electorial races are sort of what Horcheimer and Adorno critisized, the streamlined culture product aimed at not being thought worthy, when entertainment is married with soft ideals.

It is to controll the breaking of style, which in Cultural Industry Dialectics, Adorno aims at kultural changes happens when musoes is breaking style. When styles is brought, it will sow seeds into other traditions. in 1900 and the birth of Cultural industry, Aristocracy in Hollywood the upper middleclass of US, the wealth, probably had some say in the development of Metro Goldwyn Mayer, Warner Brothers etc, the elite white, presented in L Scott Fitzgerald by the Buchanans, does not want new rich roaches like Jay Gatsby meddle in the wealthy affairs. the disdain for the new rich and new in influence, is forced down by wealthy people of power, influenced media, and culture industry. Ironicly Trump is a style breaker in precidancy, he sort of is a Jay Gatsby type also, as he (though inherrited most from father) is the new rich, (i think), but people like Mitt Romney is of the old wealth / rich, which are most people in democratic and republican partys, are the wealthy, those old riches, who want the power to belong to them. therfore Sanders and Trump is feard

It is technology, ideology and industry married into one streamlined sledgehammer. 

Edited by Icarium - March 06 2016 at 06:41
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2016 at 15:34
it must be cholera.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2016 at 19:25
Maybe it's Maybelline.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2016 at 20:15
Cholera. Because there is a cure.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
 Post Reply Post Reply