Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMatuskela s/t - Brazil 1973 (Prog Folk?)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Matuskela s/t - Brazil 1973 (Prog Folk?)
    Posted: March 29 2016 at 05:50
It's been a while since I made one of these, but I just recently stumbled over this obscure Brazilian band called Matuskela. They formed in 1966, Brazil, but it took them 7 years to get their self-titled debut released and as it turns out sole album.

The info on this group is mostly written in Portuguese - a lingo I adore but ultimately have no understanding of. The following Google Translate gibberish is supposedly from the band's own website, yet the link offered up takes you to their facebook home. Here's the blog where I found it.

"brasiliense group of Anapolino (Lino), Toninho Earth, Johnny, Rodolfo Machado and Onildo. exact lasted 14 years (1966 to 1980), this time they ensaivam in the Bandeirante, the known free City. Children coming pioneers of Goiânia, Recife and Minas they were known as the best musical representation of Brasilia and caused sensations especially in graduation ceremonies and presentations in matinees in Wansbeck, Sobradinho, Clubs Sector, Gama and others. At the same time were competitors of the band sets: Elson Seven Raulino and Super Sound 2000.

The band played great local success in the early seventies. Founded in Brasilia in 1966 by Anapolino, Rodolvo and Johnny. They recorded a compact in 1972 with the hit Suza Suzana and then an LP called Matuskela at Chantecler seal. Titled only Matuskela, LP is marked by folk-psychedelic sound, especially the song The Age Crazy (Too Old), Zeca Bahia and Clodo.

The band Matuskela won the 2nd university festival CEUB in 1972, ranking 1st and 2nd place. First with the song "Placa Luminosa" (Clodo and Zeca Bahia music) in second place with the song "Bell open sign." In the same festival the band took the best arrangement award best music and interpreter.

The band toured extensively throughout Brazil with their dances and shows, even after the song "Too Old" was the soundtrack of global novel scarf and No No Document. In this period the Matuskela lived in São Paulo."

I'll swing this by the folkies myselfSmile

Edited by Guldbamsen - March 29 2016 at 06:07
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2017 at 10:18
I guess you don't really need my help with this suggestion David, but it's been a while, there are no replies here, and the band isn't included in the archives as yet. Just wondering what happened with it...? Ermm

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable suggestion to me - did it just get buried by a mass of floating white seeds down there in the Dandelion Patch or what? LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply