FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNHL 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2016 at 15:11
^ I'm not going to write off the 'hawks just yet. Three time champions don't just fall over. St. Louis needs to push.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2016 at 15:38
^ Yes, Blues cannot let up.  Nothing against the Blackhawks, just want to see someone else get in. 

Pens up 2 to 1.  Do not know enough about goalie Zatkoff to know what to expect.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2016 at 15:57
will be very disappointed in the Pens, and the Caps if they don't meet in the Eastern Conference finals.  As a Caps fan.. winning the Cup would be good... exercising the demons of past Penguin series disasters is the cherry on top. That is what we want, for the team that has tormented us like no other.

I think many Caps fans would have to think long and hard about which they be happier with

Beating Pittsburgh and losing the Cup final

or avoiding our hated rival and winning it over some frickin western conference stooge...

Edited by micky - April 21 2016 at 15:58
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2016 at 16:52
Originally posted by AEProgman AEProgman wrote:

^ Yes, Blues cannot let up.  Nothing against the Blackhawks, just want to see someone else get in. 

Pens up 2 to 1.  Do not know enough about goalie Zatkoff to know what to expect.

Well with Murray (or whatever his name is) playing on Tuesday I doubt they go back to Zatkoff. Assuming they win tonight, I would say Fleury will rest until round two (if he is cleared to play).
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2016 at 16:53
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

will be very disappointed in the Pens, and the Caps if they don't meet in the Eastern Conference finals. 

Not possible with the playoff system as is.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2016 at 16:55
then I echo your earlier comment. LOL  The playoff seeding system sucks... one reason I only posted round 1 predictions..
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2016 at 18:50
^ Not sure why they did it this way...I wouldn't think you'd need to spice up the playoffs with divisional foes first.

And oy...the Rangers are sh*tting the game away quickly tonight.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2016 at 18:52
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

Looks like the Blackhawks are going to lose......at least we still have the Sox and the Cubs this baseball season.....
Wink

good luck with them LOL
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2016 at 18:58
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

^ Not sure why they did it this way...I wouldn't think you'd need to spice up the playoffs with divisional foes first.

I thought they reseeded every round...perhaps they never did.. perhaps they changed it since then. Honestly Phil I have no clue what the NHL does now. It is a shame, it is the best BY FAR major sport of them all.. pretty much non stop action, MAD skills, a great mix of homegrown and foreign talent and the playoffs alone rock circles around all the major sports ...and yet saddled with the most amatuerish inept management at the very top. Just think what the NHL would be if you had that sport.. with the brilliance and foresight of leadership that has taken the boring ininspiring NBA which has a near meaningless regular season and by FAR the most boring of all playoffs..  the NHL might rival the NFLLOL
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2016 at 07:45
Blues let one slip away...not good.

Pens up 3-1, if it holds, Mickey may get his wish of Pens vs Caps which should be good.  Pens may have had Caps number over the past few years, but they usually failed later on.  Caps look strong this year, Pens still a little banged up.
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2016 at 14:14

I thought they reseeded every round...perhaps they never did.. perhaps they changed it since then. Honestly Phil I have no clue what the NHL does now. It is a shame, it is the best BY FAR major sport of them all.. pretty much non stop action, MAD skills, a great mix of homegrown and foreign talent and the playoffs alone rock circles around all the major sports ...and yet saddled with the most amatuerish inept management at the very top. Just think what the NHL would be if you had that sport.. with the brilliance and foresight of leadership that has taken the boring ininspiring NBA which has a near meaningless regular season and by FAR the most boring of all playoffs..  the NHL might rival the NFLLOL

They used too. About 3ish years ago they restructured/streamlined the divisions and as a result they had to change the playoff seeding as well. They did not have to change it to what they have now. I suspect it's too make it more "interesting" and 'the general public goes nuts for brackets at march madness so why not in the NHL' line of thinking. Shame...as I'm generally for the best teams meeting as late as possible.

And very true. They excel at being inept.
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2016 at 14:15

Pens up 3-1, if it holds, Mickey may get his wish of Pens vs Caps which should be good.  Pens may have had Caps number over the past few years, but they usually failed later on.  Caps look strong this year, Pens still a little banged up.

Yeah...blues had their chance. Now they are left with trying to sweep the road part of the series or risking a game 7 where anything can happen.

I'll say the blueshirts will bounce back and win a close game on the road and then fail at home in game 6.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2016 at 18:29

They used too. About 3ish years ago they restructured/streamlined the divisions and as a result they had to change the playoff seeding as well. They did not have to change it to what they have now. I suspect it's too make it more "interesting" and 'the general public goes nuts for brackets at march madness so why not in the NHL' line of thinking. Shame...as I'm generally for the best teams meeting as late as possible.

funny how fans and the suits have differing notions of being 'interesting'

thanks Phil I missed that latest change...  it does makes perfect sense.... in its idiocy for the NHL..
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2016 at 00:44
Alright...the kings are out! Clap
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2016 at 00:44

funny how fans and the suits have differing notions of being 'interesting'

thanks Phil I missed that latest change...  it does makes perfect sense.... in its idiocy for the NHL..

Probably how it will always be
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2016 at 09:13

Alright...the kings are out! Clap

and the North Stars are still alive... get to game 7 guys.. and that Dallas team collapses in game 7. The Mick guarantee on that.

and yes.. VERY worried about he Caps... the wildcard could be play that makes the NHL playoffs SO much more interesting than all those other sports.. yet leads to heavy drinking and beating the family cow...  all it takes is one hot goaltender and ..... look at those NBA series... really.. who wastes their time watching that sh*t.  Boring and worse.. you know who is going to win. Why play them.. oh yeah.. money...
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2016 at 15:06
^ Certainly possible. I'm not a big believer in dallas (no D) but with the wild limping into the playoffs and generally playing rather flat I thought the stars were in the drivers seat. Minnesota found that something extra for the playoffs.

And agreed. As much as I love football, nothing comes close to playoff hockey in terms of excitement or excellence.
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2016 at 16:03

Yeah...blues had their chance. Now they are left with trying to sweep the road part of the series or risking a game 7 where anything can happen.

I'll say the blueshirts will bounce back and win a close game on the road and then fail at home in game 6.

Or they will play decently out of the gate and then completely sh*t the bed in the second period... Cry
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2016 at 17:29
consider yourself lucky...  you never really had a chance in that one. The Rangers stopped being a viable cup contender half a season ago. However we are setting up here to have our hearts ripped out YET again... if Philly wins game 6..who really thinks the Caps will win game 7. I sure wouldn't. I could see a repeat of the game 7 blow out circa 2009. Pinch

or would if we had any hearts left after the flameouts of the last decade... and we thought that 2010 exit was disappointing...

Edited by micky - April 23 2016 at 17:30
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2016 at 19:32
^ Its never good when you let Philly off the ropes, but the Caps should get it done before a game 7.

Pens move on, but the Rangers did not put up much of a fight....a win is a win.

Settling down now to watch Hawks and the Blues....crap, the Hawks just scored at about 16 min mark in period 1.  Time to put on some headphones and mute the game!  Wow, can't finish this post, game is now tied 1-1!

Nothing beats hockey playoffs, as far as that goes hockey is the best sport to watch live at the arena (even in regular season)!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>