Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Autumn Breeze and a nice surprise after 38 years.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAutumn Breeze and a nice surprise after 38 years.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Harmonicbliss View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Autumn Breeze and a nice surprise after 38 years.
    Posted: October 07 2016 at 18:41
Great concept album. Thanks for posting this review to turn me on to it
Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2016 at 00:18
After decades of being a good Symphonic band, the Swedish guys of Autumn Breeze released "The Molotov- Ribbentrop Pact", an ambitious conceptual album about the whole WWI.

Autumn Breeze The Molotov Ribbentrop Pact album cover

When I read about the ambitious concept, was afraid they couldn't deliver a great release, being that they needed more than pristine Symphonic to achieve success.

But after 38 years, they managed to change their style and release a dark eclectic album that combines everything, from Symphonic to hard Rock with touches of Russian folk and even a bit Avant.

The odd thing is that with the main lineup still behind the instruments, they managed to surprise with this obscure, elaborate and ambitious project that deserves to be listened.

I wish I had heard this album in 2015 to vote it for the best of the year, but it's never late to get a copy.

Iván

Edited by Ivan_Melgar_M - April 30 2016 at 00:19

Post Reply Post Reply