Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The (Possibly) New Beardfish Appreciation Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe (Possibly) New Beardfish Appreciation Thread

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: The (Possibly) New Beardfish Appreciation Thread
    Posted: June 23 2016 at 09:37
I've searched through loads of pages of this forum to find the Beardfish thread, and I can't find one. I've used the search function and it keeps "timing out". Hence, this new thread.

-----

I recently purchased the 5-disc boxset "Discovering Beardfish". What an absolute bargain if you want to immerse yourself, especially if you're new to them. You get both Sleeping in Traffic albums, Destined Solitaire, Mammoth and The Void, plus all the artwork/lyrics for the original albums in a single booklet. I already had Sleeping in Traffic Part 2, but it was still worth getting the box for the other four albums.

I'm slowly getting into the music. Wonderful sense of humour at times, and in the song Sleeping In Traffic, they manage to out-epic many great prog epics by producing a 35-minute beast of a song.
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2016 at 12:28
My favorite modern prog band.  Get the newest album, it's great.

The song Sleeping In Traffic is actually one of my least favorite Beardfish songs, though I still enjoy it to some extent.  It feels a bit drawn out to me and is lacking a lot of the great grooves and crazy instrumental parts that they excel at.  My favorite album of theirs is still Destined Solitaire, though all the albums are great to varying degrees for me.

I'd also highly recommend you get The Sane Day, their double album.  It's possibly my second favorite, with lots of great instrumentals on the second CD.

Edited by infandous - June 24 2016 at 12:30
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2016 at 12:36
That's a nice box set.....I have Solitaire and Mammoth....still trying to absorb their style.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
RoeDent View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2016 at 09:08
And just as I start getting into them, they split up. Real sad news, but a fantastic career which should be celebrated.

RamessesZombie View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2016 at 08:14
This is an incredible band,i only own Sleeping in traffic and it absolutely blows my mind. i had no idea they had split up though,and indeed,a career that must be celebrated...sorry for the necropost Confused
novasolis View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2016 at 10:40
One of my favorite bands. Kept me in touch with modern prog. Got in with Destined Solitaire - incredibly good and underrated album, tons of great songs, especially Where The Rain Comes In. Such a shame they stopped. 
 Post Reply Post Reply