Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What albums did you listen to today?...continued
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What albums did you listen to today?...continued

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 200201202203204 522>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Magnum Vaeltaja View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnum Vaeltaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2018 at 10:48
Past couple of days:

Senogul - Senogul
Rayuela - Rayuela
Triumvirat - Illusions On A Double Dimple
Genesis - Trespass
Uriah Heep - Salisbury
when i was a kid a doller was worth ten dollers - now a doller couldnt even buy you fifty cents
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2018 at 15:35
Originally posted by Mortte Mortte wrote:

Lemon Kittens: We Buy a Hammer For Daddy
Hawkwind: Space Ritual
Kevin Ayers: Sweet Deceiver
That’s one of my tavorite Ayers albums. Elton John plays some excellent piano and Ollie Halsall plays some very nice guitar. The songs are poppy but very focused. The title track is my favorite Ayers song, and always has been. It’s about heroin addiction, I think.
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Squonk19 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squonk19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2018 at 15:55
APP - Tales of Mystery and Imagination/I Robot/Pyramids
Mystery - Second Home
Anthony Phillips - Private Parts and Pieces I-IV
Deep Purple - Made in Japan
Temperance Movement - A Deeper Cut
Black Country Communion - BCCIV
“Living in their pools, they soon forget about the sea.”
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2018 at 17:54
Martin Barre - Back to Steel
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnum Vaeltaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2018 at 21:39
Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes
CANO - Au Nord de Notre Vie
Allman Brothers Band - The Complete Fillmore East Recordings: 3/12/71 Both Shows
Charlie Daniels Band - Fire On The Mountain
Cherry Five - Cherry Five
Grateful Dead - Blues For Allah
Steely Dan - Can't Buy A Thrill
Island - Pictures
when i was a kid a doller was worth ten dollers - now a doller couldnt even buy you fifty cents
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2018 at 00:14
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

That’s one of my tavorite Ayers albums. Elton John plays some excellent piano and Ollie Halsall plays some very nice guitar. The songs are poppy but very focused. The title track is my favorite Ayers song, and always has been. It’s about heroin addiction, I think.
I didn´t like that album as much as his earlier albums, of course it isn´t totally bad. I was just thinking how´s the quality after this albums, do you think I should continue listening his albums? Have you heard Lemon Kittens? Not my favourite of postpunk bands, but anyway quite interesting and really experimental.
ALotOfBottle View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALotOfBottle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2018 at 02:58
Over the last few days:

Tangerine Dream - Ricochet
KGB Man/Oneohtrix Point Never - KGB Nights/Blue Drive
Zacht Automaat - I Can Feel the Mold in Me (dead slow, no wake)
Sinoia Caves - Beyond the Black Rainbow OST
Moolah - Woe Ye Demons Possessed
Categories strain, crack and sometimes break, under their burden - step out of the space provided.
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2018 at 04:05

I didn´t like that album as much as his earlier albums, of course it isn´t totally bad. I was just thinking how´s the quality after this albums, do you think I should continue listening his albums? Have you heard Lemon Kittens? Not my favourite of postpunk bands, but anyway quite interesting and really experimental.
Ayers-wise, I can’t recommend anything after Sweet Deceiver, but then again I’ve only heard a couple of them. But it’s safe to say his early experimental days were behind him by that time.
I have not heard of the Lemon Kittens, but it sounds right up my street. Will check them out!

Edited by HolyMoly - March 04 2018 at 04:07

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2018 at 04:08
Magazine | Real Life
Joni Mitchell | Dog Eat Dog
Magazine | Magic, Murder, and the Weather
Bering & Rosenberg | Myths 002 EP (Ariel Pink side collab)
This Kind of Punishment | Radio Silence 7”
Style Council | The Cost of Loving
The Jam | In the City
The Residents | God in Three Persons
Blue Sign Factory | The Slow Magnet EP

-Kehlog Albran
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2018 at 05:39

Ayers-wise, I can’t recommend anything after Sweet Deceiver, but then again I’ve only heard a couple of them. But it’s safe to say his early experimental days were behind him by that time.
I have not heard of the Lemon Kittens, but it sounds right up my street. Will check them out!
Thanx. Well I quess I will leave later Ayers albums to my later years and concentrate now his excellent first albums. Yes, I believe you will like Lemon Kittens. You have put Magazine and the Jam in your list after this message, both are the ones I like quite much. There are many Jam albums I haven´t heard, I think I will listen them all some of these days. In Magazine only Secondhand Daylight, Play and No Thyself are the ones never heard of, must listen those too.
Squonk19 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squonk19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2018 at 05:50
Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

Saw him in concert a few months ago and he played a nice selection of Tull and solo stuff - including some great blues playing. A real dry sense of humour. Wish he was back in the fold with Ian, but sadly......
Prog Sothoth View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Sothoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2018 at 09:41
Had some free time yesterday (doesn't happen much on weekends):

Steven Wilson - Hand. Cannot. Erase: The guy is getting really serious here. Maybe he should go the extra mile and add "The" to his name.
"Hey, how's it goin' Steve?"
"Um...no. My name is not Steve. I AM THE STEVEN WILSON."

The Police - Ghost in the Machine: Talk about a front-loaded album! All of their other albums at least start off side 2 with a quintessential staple. Here we get "Too Much Information". Yuck. Lots of dreck after the rightfully famous first three songs, but I will admit the last track has a neat dreary atmosphere to it...fitting to the album title. "Demolition Man" was done better by others.

Siouxie and the Banshees - Juju: This album makes many top 10 goth rock album lists (in fact, most), proving what a wide umbrella term goth rock is. With lots of focus on the shimmering guitarwork, this leans way more towards skillful post-punk than what pops into my head when I think of "goth", despite some Halloweeny themes. I'd say their next album, "A Kiss in the Dreamhouse", is their most "goth" album, more suitable for foggy dancefloors. Juju is my fav though.
Squonk19 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squonk19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2018 at 10:53
Wishbone Ash - There's the Rub
Yes - Relayer
Marillion - FEAR
Jethro Tull - Benefit
Kate Bush - Aerial
Roy Harper - HQ
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2018 at 12:08
Originally posted by Prog Sothoth Prog Sothoth wrote:

Siouxie and the Banshees - Juju
Really great album, one of my Banshees faves along with Kaleidoscope and Kiss in the Dreamhouse.

My today´s albums:
Edgar Winter´s White Trash: Roadwork
the Pop Group: Citizen Zombie
Amon Düül II: Yeti
Motelli Skronkle: Juna
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2018 at 12:19
Originally posted by Magnum Vaeltaja Magnum Vaeltaja wrote:

CANO - Au Nord de Notre Vie

De toute beauté.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2018 at 12:29
Originally posted by Squonk19 Squonk19 wrote:

Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

Saw him in concert a few months ago and he played a nice selection of Tull and solo stuff - including some great blues playing. A real dry sense of humour. Wish he was back in the fold with Ian, but sadly......

Must have been excellent indeed. Enjoy all of his solo stuff esp. Trick of Memory and Stage Left but the more I listen, the more I think that Back To Steel is his strongest. I think we're all ready for a full-blown live release from him.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2018 at 12:39
Morning:

Boston
Don't Look Back
Third Stage
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnum Vaeltaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2018 at 21:05
Steve Hillage - Fish Rising
King Crimson - Islands
T2 - It'll All Work Out In Boomland
Tangerine Dream - Atem
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2018 at 06:12
For the past week and a half:
Banda do Casaco - Também Eu
Papir - Stundum
Handwrist - A Vibe to the Perplexed
Syndone - Odysséas
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2018 at 11:26
Whitesnake: Trouble
the Stranglers: the Raven
Jean Sibelius: Symphony No. 1
Pekka Airaksinen: Afrodipankara
Lightnin`Hopkins: Country Blues
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 200201202203204 522>