Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What albums did you listen to today?...continued
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What albums did you listen to today?...continued

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212213214215216 524>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2018 at 01:55
Yazoo - Upstairs at Eric's
Eurythmics - In the Garden (First listen. Produced by Conny Plank and recorded with members of Can, what could go wrong? :D )
Van der Graaf Generator - World Record (First listen. I guess I prefer their lower rated albums :P )
Blondie - Parallel Lines
Kim Wilde - s/t
Salto - Passeio das Virtudes
The Buggles - The Age of Plastic (First listen. I knew I'd enjoy this album a lot!)
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2018 at 02:14
You should give the very first B-52's album from 1979 a try too, Sam!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2018 at 03:07
^ I will thanks! I saw one of their music videos a while ago and it was definitely interesting.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2018 at 03:12
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

^ I will thanks! I saw one of their music videos a while ago and it was definitely interesting.

This is the one, mate, it's rather wonderful. A little bit psychedelic and spacey in a few parts too! :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w7dDVcPSOg
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2018 at 04:39
^Also love specially B-52`s first album!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2018 at 05:07
Originally posted by Mortte Mortte wrote:

Yes, it's their highlight for sure, mate! The second album is good too, just that it kind of remakes the debut all over again...so it's not just King Crimson that's guilty of that!
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2018 at 05:37
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Yes, it's their highlight for sure, mate! The second album is good too, just that it kind of remakes the debut all over again...so it's not just King Crimson that's guilty of that!
Haven´t heard it yet, I have only that first and Mesopotamia in vinyl, my ex-wife was a big B-52`s fan and she got Whammy!, Cosmic Thing & Good Stuff, that I also listened then. BTW I really love Crimson Wake, allthough it´s structure is near of Court, to me it´s full Crimson album!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2018 at 05:55

Haven´t heard it yet, I have only that first and Mesopotamia in vinyl, my ex-wife was a big B-52`s fan and she got Whammy!, Cosmic Thing & Good Stuff, that I also listened then. BTW I really love Crimson Wake, allthough it´s structure is near of Court, to me it´s full Crimson album!

I was only being cheeky about the Crimson album, mate!

Yes, I have all their albums, and they're a mixed bag. A couple of great tracks, a couple of fillers...definitely the debut is their defining moment.

I saw them live several years back, and it was one of the poorest shows I've ever been to. The girls were great, but drama-queen Fred was in a foul mood and made no effort whatsoever, didn't even engage with the audience. Several reviews a few days after mentioned the same thing. Still, they did play the title track from `Mesopotamia'!
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2018 at 06:03

I was only being cheeky about the Crimson album, mate!

Yes, I have all their albums, and they're a mixed bag. A couple of great tracks, a couple of fillers...definitely the debut is their defining moment.

I saw them live several years back, and it was one of the poorest shows I've ever been to. The girls were great, but drama-queen Fred was in a foul mood and made no effort whatsoever, didn't even engage with the audience. Several reviews a few days after mentioned the same thing. Still, they did play the title track from `Mesopotamia'!
Great anyway you have seen them live! Really would like to, but I don´t believe they will come to Finland...One thing about their first albums, really like that Mosrite-guitars in them!

Yes, I understood you haven´t got bad opinion about Wake, but I think commonly it is not given high rates...
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2018 at 10:55
YMO - Live at the Greek Theater (Announcer to audience: "...you're not nearly as noisy as Portugal". Damned if we aren't lol :D )
Masayoshi Takanaka ‎– An Insatiable High
The B-52's - s/t (Cool stuff! "Rock Lobster" was the song I heard from them before.)
Eloy - Silent Cries and Mighty Echoes
Cerrone - 3
Casiopea - Mint Jams
Jaketejas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaketejas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2018 at 11:20

Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2018 at 11:28
National Health: s/t
Led Zeppelin: Celebration Day
Johnny Cash: At Folsom Prison
the Pop Group: Honeymoon On Mars
the Damned: Machine Gun Etiquette
Larkstongue41 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larkstongue41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2018 at 13:49
Cos - Postaeolian Train Robbery
Cos - Viva Boma
Can - Ege Bamyasi
Tim Hecker - Harmony in Ultraviolet
"Larks' tongues. Wrens' livers. Chaffinch brains. Jaguars' earlobes. Wolf nipple chips. Get 'em while they're hot. They're lovely. Dromedary pretzels, only half a denar."
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2018 at 19:02
Car:

Mediterranean Tales
Illusions on a Double Dimple
Spartacus
Old Loves Die Hard
Pompeii

3-4 times each for the next 3-4 weeks.
mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2018 at 22:06
Turned out to be an international day:

Quiet Sun - Mainstream (UK)
Perfect Beings - Vier (US)
Premiata Forneria Marconi - Per Un Amico (Italy)
Brainticket - Psychonaut (Swiss)
Rush - Permanent Waves (Canada)
Solstafir - Berdreyminn (Iceland)
Last Exit - Iron Path (US)
Kotebel - Cosmology (Spain)
Motorpsycho and Stale Storlokken - The Death Defying Unicorn (Norway)
Elephant Gym - Angle (Taiwan)

HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2018 at 22:20
The Dead C | Clyma est Mort
The Dead C | Tusk
Algiers | The Underside of Power
MGMT | Congratulations
Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti | The Doldrums
Black Mountain | IV
The Fall | Extricate
Misfits | Static Age
Chicago | Live in Japan
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2018 at 23:56
David Sylvian - Gone to Earth
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2018 at 01:20
Last night:

Sonny Rollins - Saxophone Colossus
Dungen - Allas Sak
Banda do Casaco - Também Eu

Currently listening to Colour Haze's latest on my first train trip in ages :)
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2018 at 01:33
Very restless last night, only got through two:

Il Cerchio Medianico – Il Cerchio Medianico (Un’opera prop di Stefano Agnini)
La Maschera di Cero – Le Porte del Domani
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2018 at 02:37
Are you guys listening music at nights? Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212213214215216 524>