Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What albums did you listen to today?...continued
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What albums did you listen to today?...continued

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 277278279280281 525>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2018 at 22:11
thank you for the kind wishes gents . I am taking advantage of my free time while I can . lol .

A beautiful Lazy Sunday . Got to indulge into a few concept albums . So fun .

The Who-- Quadrophenia ( 1996 SHM CD) 
Various Artists-- The Breakfast Club Motion picture soundtrack .(1985) 
IQ-- Subterranea ( 1997) 
Muddy Waters-- Folk Singer (1999 pressing .)
Massive Attack-- Mezzanine (1998) 

Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2018 at 02:48
Since Wednesday:
Kosmischer Läufer - Volume Four
Kosmischer Läufer - Live in Graz
Heatwave - Central Heating
Rush - Hemispheres
Discipline - Captives of the Wine Dark Sea
Jorge Palma - 'Té Já
Locanda delle Fate - Forse le Lucciole Non Si Amano Più
Banco del Mutuo Soccorso - ...di Terra
Muñeco - Teoría del Cielo
The Orb - Orbus Terrarum
Girón - Clouds
Giorgio Moroder - From Here to Eternity
Tangerine Dream - Tangram
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2018 at 13:19
Donovan - Cosmic Wheels
ELO - Secret Messages
Christopher Cross - same

Thanks for the CC idea, Jim!

Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2018 at 13:54
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

I saw Robert on that tour.  I might appreciate it more now, but at the time all I wanted to hear was some Zep.  I was roundly disappointed with the set list.  LOL
not in the mood for “in the mood” eh? Haha
I just saw Plant live a few months ago and he played nothing from this era of his solo career, except for a drastic rearrangement of In the Mood. He did play some Zep - in fact he opened with The Lemon Song (minus the lemon lyric).
I saw the Shaken 'n Stirred tour as well, and was also not knocked-out.   On the other hand the presentation, the stage, lighting, dynamics, were all superb.   There was even a glitter ball near the end.   Classy show.   I probably still have the program guide.
Did he do a couple of Honeydrippers numbers at your show?  I can't say for certain...long time ago...but I have a vague memory of it.

I'm almost sure he did, both albums were released in or just before '85.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2018 at 02:24
Haken - Affinity
Motorpsycho - Phanerothyme
Genesis - A Trick of the Tail (I've known and liked this and W&W for some years but only now I'm really into them.)
Carlos Alberto Vidal - Changri-lá
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2018 at 07:05

Christopher Cross - same

Thanks for the CC idea, Jim!

NP, but we can thank the Thrift Donation store we frequent quite a bit (proceeds to Alzheimer research), picked it up over the weekend for $1.50 along with some others.  A nice, well recorded and enjoyable album.  Was surprised to see some of the participants on the album, Michael McDonald, Don Henley, and others.

Love treasure hunting in the thrift stores, we haul stuff off to donate then bring something else back... LOL
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2018 at 08:46
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

Genesis - A Trick of the Tail (I've known and liked this and W&W for some years but only now I'm really into them.)

The delightful 3 track ep 'Spot the Pigeon' from the same period is also un incontournable, Sam.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2018 at 12:12
enjoying the day . 

10 city-- Thats the way love is (1989 EP )
Powerhouse-- In An Ambient Way ( binaural recordings are fun. )
A Flock Of Seagulls-- The Best of (1986 zomba records release .)
Bryan Ferry-- Boys and Girls (1985 )
Rush-- Moving Pictures ( so glad I have an original sound recording of this one because when I bought the 5.1 dvd disc in 2012 it came with a remastered cd of the album and it is f**king terrible . Originals rule!!!) 
Larkstongue41 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larkstongue41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2018 at 12:29
HOME - Resting State 
Popol Vuh - Seligpreisung
Swans - To Be Kind
Fishmans - 98.12.28
Death Grips - Bottomless Pit
Daughters - You Won't Get What You Want

"Larks' tongues. Wrens' livers. Chaffinch brains. Jaguars' earlobes. Wolf nipple chips. Get 'em while they're hot. They're lovely. Dromedary pretzels, only half a denar."
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2018 at 14:02
Bing Crosby - Merry Christmas 
Grateful Dead - Terrapin Station
Neil Young - Old Ways
New Order - Substance

HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2018 at 14:44
Last couple of days

Gino Vannelli | Yonder Tree
Klaus Schulze | Dune
Soft Machine | NDR Jazz Workshop, Germany 5/17/73
Soft Machine | Softs
Pink Floyd | Atom Heart Mother
Pink Floyd | More
Pink Floyd | Ummagumma (studio disc)
Djam Karet | Suspension and Displacement
Syrinx | Tumblers from the Vault
Carla Bley | Tropic Appetites
Julian Casablancas + the Voidz | Tyranny
Volcano the Bear | Classic Erasmus Fusion

Edited by HolyMoly - November 27 2018 at 20:38
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2018 at 03:13
Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

The delightful 3 track ep 'Spot the Pigeon' from the same period is also un incontournable, Sam.
I have yet to hear that. I saw Steve Hackett this year and he played "Inside and Out" and I really liked the song. Maybe that concert had something to do with my appreciation for that period as well.

Yesterday:
Edgar Froese - Pinnacles
Astral TV - Chrystal Shores
Tangerine Dream - Sessions III
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2018 at 03:22
Last few days:

Steve Hillage – Green
Robert Wyatt – Rock Bottom
Ashra – New Age of Earth
Ashra – Inventions for Electric Guitar
Adelbert von Deyen - Sternzeit
Mako – Meeting with the Sea (thanks as always for this, Sam!)
Tangerine Dream - Livemiles
Tangerine Dream – Cyclone (gets better every time)
Roine Stolt – Manifesto of an Alchemist
Haken – Vector
DAAL – Decalogue of Darkness
Steve Roach – Mercurius
Syn – Sequence-1
Syn – Fauni-Genus
Onewayness/Modulator ESP – Astral Bridges

Tangerine Dream – The Sessions III - absolutely superb live disc of two long improvisations from the modern line-up, sounds like a perfectly balanced mix of `Ricochet’-era classic TD but in a modern setting. Glad you dug it so much too, Sam.

Might dig out my LP of `Pinnacles' again too.

Edited by Aussie-Byrd-Brother - November 28 2018 at 03:23
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2018 at 14:26
Beatles - Rubber Soul
the Beths - Future Me Hates Me (my album of the year, but it's pop-punk/indie rock)
Paul Kossoff - Live at Croydon '75 (this is wonderful)
AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (my fave of theirs. powerage and H to H might be "better" albums, but this one is my fave)

Prog Sothoth View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Prog Sothoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2018 at 17:29
I'm on the fence between DDDDC and LTBR as my fav AC/DC.

Past few days:

Coil: Horse Rotorvator - If Depeche Mode is a brooding handsome fella dressed in black, then this Coil album is like the deformed three-eyed creepy cousin. First time playing this I had no idea where it was going, but it wasn't to a happy place.

Chrome: One Million Eyes - checked this out thanks to the bonus track "Meet You in the Subway" which is classic. I used to have an old VHS of Chrome videos and a Bauhaus concert from Target Video (not the retail giant...wouldn't that be nuts though) and remember the Clockwork Orange style vid for that song vividly.

Tomb Mold: Manor of Infinite Forms - Total death metal filled with mammoth riffs. I'd expect ferocios mosh-pits, but these dudes look like an IT team from some start-up company. Maybe a tomb-mold cleaning company.

Hooded Menace: Ossuarium Silhouettes - Good ol' Hooded Menace, doing that doom/death thing. Yep, nothing beats throwing on some Hooded Menace after a long days work to bring out those good vibes. Oh yessiree. Not sure if the band actually wears hoods though. It gets old after awhile.

Horrendous: Idol - Looks like these guys went into tech-prog mode with lots of tritone chords, fretless bass w**k and the occasional clean, stoned out of his gourd voice. The main vocals are intense though...growls with gosh-darn attitude I tells ya! This was fun, and not horrendous.

Bauhaus: The Sky's Gone Out - My first goth-related album. Bought it first in the early 80's, and had no idea what to expect, and that ballsy take on Eno's "Third Uncle" followed by the dark trippy "Silent Hedges" sold me on an entire scene. Yeah, great vocals, but Daniel Ash' guitar weirdness steals the show for me.

Red Velvet: Rookie - Very little from my week-long kpop girl-group binge a month ago stuck with me (thankfully), but these gals kinda did, so I'm checking out more by them. The first song sounds like some Adult Swim novelty lunacy, but it's "Body Talk" that caught my ears. It's like Toto IV meets kpop. Nuts.

Edited by Prog Sothoth - November 28 2018 at 17:32
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2018 at 20:32
Zappa/Mothers | Uncle Meat
The Residents | God in Three Persons
Daughters | You Won’t Get What You Want
Swans | White Light-Love of Life (deluxe edition disc 3)
Various Artists | The Corrupt Postman
Traffic | On the Road
Swans | The Glowing Man
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2018 at 21:00
Dave, LTBR ain't too shabby either.  I like the loose, kinda dirty, little sloppy-ish feel of the guitars on DD, and I like that the songs have humor/personality and speed variance, from the slow (Ride On) to the smokin' (Rocker.)  Plus I think DD was my first and the one i spent most time with trying to learn the songs on guitar LOL.  I read LTBR was a reaction to the company's disappointment with DD, that they wanted more guitar and more focus.  I love 'em all, obviously.

I tried the Swans today, Steve, but couldn't get into it.  I know it's quality stuff, but my head wasn't in the right space I guess. 

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2018 at 23:27
I had a great day because my IQ scored off the charts .

IQ-- A very dark Christmas. ( it is not too early to get into the Christmas spirit yet...right? Also, if I may say I think this Is my favourite Christmas album of all time .)
IQ-- The Seventh House ( I have a DAC that has multiple filter settings and I used a noise shaping filter setting to scale down or 'roll off' the high frequency response on this album and it really helped the overall fidelity of this album a lot. Definitely a real kind listen this time around for me. I love this album more than I ever have. )
IQ-- On The Road of Bones Live! ( 2015 at The Met .)
IQ-- Nomzamo 

You know something gents . IQ are a desert Island take for me. One of the very best bands I know and the real shocker is how much I warmed up to the Menal albums lately. I think they are great. I was wrong to dismiss them a few years back . I said some negative things in the past about both Nomzamo and Are you sitting comfortably? I was wrong cause I never gave them a serious listen .
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2018 at 06:44
^
I'll have to try an IQ album sometime.  I'm not sure if I've ever heard them. 

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2018 at 10:20
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Last few days:

Might dig out my LP of `Pinnacles' again too.
Really cool list, Michael! Nice to know you're still spinning Rock Bottom, it's not so terrible after all Tongue

You should, it was a very pleasant listen.

Last two days:
Béla Bartók - Concerto for Orchestra, Sz 116
Genesis - Spot the Pigeon
Vasily Kalinnikov - Symphony nº1
Malady - Toinen Toista
Gustav Holst - A Moorside Suite
La Coscienza di Zeno - Una Vita Migliore
All Traps on Earth - A Drop of Light
Dün - Eros
Quarteto 1111 - Onde, Quando, Como, Porquê Cantamos Pessoas Vivas
Eskaton - 4 Visions
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 277278279280281 525>