Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What albums did you listen to today?...continued
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What albums did you listen to today?...continued

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 428429430431432 523>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Hiram View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2021 at 23:11
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

Originally posted by Hiram Hiram wrote:

Brian Jonestown Massacre - Bravery, Repetition And Noise
Einstürzende Neubauten - Lament

BJM yay!
Love that band.

I've never really listened to them before but I'm glad I did now. Excellent garage/psych/pop.  
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2021 at 00:12
Yesterday:
Vangelis - Antarctica
Ty Segall - Freedom’s Goblins
Talking Heads - Little Creatures
Weather Report - Sweetnighter
Aphex Twin - Syro
Oranssi Pazuzu - Mestarin Kystin
Gorillaz - Plastic Beach
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2021 at 16:50
^ nice Vangelis picks, Dave. That guy seriously translates love into music. ;)

Today.

Black Sabbath— Mob Rules ( 2021 2cd Remaster edition. It is the loudest version yet, however the mastering isn’t bad at all. Pretty clean sounding in the right ways. The remix bonus track of “the mob rules” is absolutely awesome and this new 2021 edition is worth it just for that track alone!)

NIN— Pretty Hate Machine ( sonic gold. Gets better with every listen for me. )

DIO— Strange Highways (SHM CD) — DIO’s best album of the 1990’s. Easy. The Mike Fraser mixing is gold.

The Police— Zenyetta Mondada ( This gets the audiophile award of the nite for me. Crazy enjoyable sonics. Beautiful DNR and super clean vocals. ;)
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2021 at 17:41
The Nice | Nice - 3rd album, early psychedelia left behind, in favor of a more jazzy direction

Seaside Lovers | Memories in Beach House - early 80s Japanese studio project, in the yachtrock/jazz-fuzak vein. Very corny on the surface, but I’ll be darned if every one of these songs doesn’t stick in my brain and make me think of a beach vacation.

Devadip Carlos Santana | Oneness — solo album, late 70s. Mostly instrumental, in the style of his more jazz stuff. Highly recommended.

The Subhumans (Canada) | Incorrect Thoughts - spinoff of DOA, tough midtempo melodic punk songs. Some really great songs on this (Behind my Smile, Dead at Birth)

Sonic Youth | Sonic Death: Early Live Sonic - a collage-like compilation of live snippets from early shows featuring songs from the first 2 albums. Cavernous, spooky, and spacious.

Flaming Lips | American Head — newest album. Didn’t like it a lot on my first listen but this time it hit the spot. Well above average for them at this point in their career

PFM | The World Became the World — always wondered why people complained about the English language versions of their stuff, but now I know. Some of this is pretty hard to listen to, honestly. The diction, timing, and even pitch are off at times. The music is brilliant, of course.

Captain Beyond | S/t — flippin’ amazing album. Every prog fan should have this. Bobby Caldwell was truly inspired when he wrote this stuff.

Blue Cheer | Vincebus Eruptum - Heavy handed heavy rock before its time. Summertime Blues sucks ass, but the rest of it is pretty cool, especially on their original material. Nice over-the-top vocal wailing and overdriven fuzz guitar.

Edited by HolyMoly - April 02 2021 at 17:43
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Hiram View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2021 at 23:17
Leevi and the Leavings - Rakkauden planeetta
Quatermass - Quatermass
Off World - 1

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2021 at 16:58
Back at it. The theme of last albums.

Thin Lizzy— Thunder & Lightening ( what a great last album. )

Roxy Music— Avalon ( another terrific last album. )

Black Sabbath— Heaven & Hell (2008 deluxe 2cd edition )

Saviour Machine— Legend : 3:1. ( it feels so good to revisit one of my favorite bands of all time. Again another incredible last album. )

David BOWIE— BlackStar ( maybe the ultimate in last albums. )

Hiram View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2021 at 23:56
Einstürzende Neubauten - Alles in Allem
Six Organs Of Admittance - Burning The Threshold

Teunis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2021 at 11:28
Gazpacho - Fireworker
The Neal Morse Band - The Great Adenture
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2021 at 17:12
Flaming Lips | Transmissions from the Satellite Heart
Frank Zappa | 200 Motels
Frank Zappa | Uncle Meat
Grace Slick | Manhole
Future Sound of London | Lifeforms
Gentle Giant | Three Friends
Sonic Youth | s/t EP
Franco Battiato | Sulle Corde di Aries
Iggy Pop | Zombie Birdhouse
Doll to Doll | Remember
Doll to Doll | s/t
Liars | TFCF
The Bevis Frond | Superseeder

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2021 at 00:49
Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

Today.

Black Sabbath— Mob Rules ( 2021 2cd Remaster edition. It is the loudest version yet, however the mastering isn’t bad at all. Pretty clean sounding in the right ways. The remix bonus track of “the mob rules” is absolutely awesome and this new 2021 edition is worth it just for that track alone!)

DIO— Strange Highways (SHM CD) — DIO’s best album of the 1990’s. Easy. The Mike Fraser mixing is gold.

The Police— Zenyetta Mondada ( This gets the audiophile award of the nite for me. Crazy enjoyable sonics. Beautiful DNR and super clean vocals. ;)

Hi Nick aka Mcdaddyo
I’ve always loved Vangelis for his wafting and esoteric sensibilities. There’s just something very elegant over his music.
It’s been a while since I last span some Police...but I have been boogying with 80s tricks such as Talking Heads and The Cure.

Yesterday:
Weather Report - I Sing The Body Electric
Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused To Sing
Radiohead - Hail To The Thief
Steve Hackett - Please Don’t Touch
Animal Collective - Strawberry Jam
The Sensational Alex Harley Band - Framed
The Knife - Shaking The Habitual
Serge Gainsbourg w/ Vannier - Histoire De Melody Nelson
Procession - Fiaba

Edited by Guldbamsen - April 07 2021 at 00:50
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Teunis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2021 at 11:30
Airbag - A Day At The Beach
Gazpacho - Demon
GPS - Window To The Soul
Hiram View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2021 at 14:04
Kin Ping Meh - Kin Ping Meh
Neu! - Neu! '75
Absoluuttinen Nollapiste - Olos
Guapo - Black Oni
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2021 at 15:20
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

Today.

Hi Nick aka Mcdaddyo
I’ve always loved Vangelis for his wafting and esoteric sensibilities. There’s just something very elegant over his music.
It’s been a while since I last span some Police...but I have been boogying with 80s tricks such as Talking Heads and The Cure.

Yesterday:
Weather Report - I Sing The Body Electric
Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused To Sing
Radiohead - Hail To The Thief
Steve Hackett - Please Don’t Touch
Animal Collective - Strawberry Jam
The Sensational Alex Harley Band - Framed
The Knife - Shaking The Habitual
Serge Gainsbourg w/ Vannier - Histoire De Melody Nelson
Procession - Fiaba

McDaddio? Yup. You’d be correct.
That kid of mine rules the roost. ;)
David. Great picks again. Think you’ve inspired me to give the Raven another revisit. Been a while. Really dig ‘the Unholy Drinker.” Give the police some spins on those nice headphones of yours. You deserve sonic perfection. I swear I think all those Police albums have serious fidelity.

Last night and tonight. Got into some of my Prog metal roots.

Threshold— Legends of the shire (both discs)
Threshold— Psychedelicattsen
Dream theater— Live Scenes in NYC (2001) Disc 3 only.
Dream Theater— A Change of seasons.
Black Sabbath— The Mob Rules ( Dio is a true vocalist. )
Savatage— In The Hall of the Mountain king ( I absolutely love this album. Classic and true American metal. Can’t beat it. )

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2021 at 11:35
Last night......

HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2021 at 15:45
Great stuff lately, gents. Nice to see you all still enjoying good moozik (as if that could ever die out).

Here’s a coupla daze of me music

The Fugs | It Crawled into my Hand, Honest
Frank Zappa | Sleep Dirt
Triumvirat | Spartacus
Iggy Pop | New Values
Adam & the Ants | Kings of the Wild Frontier
The Damned | Grave Disorder
Meat Loaf | Bat Out of Hell
Electric Prunes | Mass in F Minor
Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti | Scared Famous / FF>>
Simple Minds | Life in a Day

Edited by HolyMoly - April 08 2021 at 20:06

-Kehlog Albran
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2021 at 01:04
Right back atcha Steve
Always nice to see this thread going and seeing where people are going next..musically.

Nick: I think you’re spot on. Those Police albums, hell even the debut, are all very well recorded. I do have a tendency to get lost in the drums though...love Stewart’s playing.
Black Sabbath with Dio eh? I heard Vol 4 a couple of nights back

Yesterday:
Steve Hackett - Defector
Chameleons - Strange Times + the extra album that follows suit on my cd version (both are brilliant!)
Echo & The Bunnymen - Crocodiles
Magma - Üdü Wüdüh
Herbie Hancock - Mwandishi
Weather Report - Mysterious Traveller
Duran Duran - Rio
Nils Frahm - All Melody
Waste Of Space Orchestra - s/t

Edited by Guldbamsen - April 09 2021 at 01:20

- Douglas Adams
Hiram View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2021 at 02:14
Bill Bruford - Feels Good To Me
Can - Future Days
Teunis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2021 at 11:36
The Pineapple Thief - Dissolution

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2021 at 16:54
^ Right back at you Steve. And I’m gonna eventually look into The Damned “ The Black album.” How did I come across to want to do this? Henry Rollins. I’m a huge fan of his more so for the way he conducts himself as a person. Terrific speaker.

And David! My god Stu can groove! Tomorrow I’m gonna try and get into Ghost in the Machine. ;)

Tonight and last night.

Dream Theater— A Change of seasons
Black Sabbath— Mob Rules ( can’t put this one down. )
Threshold— Critical Mass ( surprised it is the highest rated here on PA. The title track is amazing though. )
Blue Nile— Hats ( the pure art of chill)

Edited by progbethyname - April 09 2021 at 17:16
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2021 at 17:14
Kid is getting ready for shutdown and I’ve already made up my mind for some great spins late into the night.

Opeth— The Watershed

Faith No More— Angel Dust (The MFSL I have of the this is in my top 5 for highest quality recordings I own. Insanely special. Great listen.

Iron Maiden—- The Book of souls.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 428429430431432 523>