Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What albums did you listen to today?...continued
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What albums did you listen to today?...continued

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 434435436437438 524>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2021 at 10:48
Hiram: That is one smoking three album selection there. Nice one Must admit this has got to be the first time I’ve ever seen that Esa Kotilainen record mentioned on here..by anyone other than myself that is. I really dig that album. Sounds as fresh and beautifully labyrinthian today as it did the first time I span it. I remember falling head over heels for it at a time where most of what I bumped into in the lands of old school prog electronic sounded like Tangerine Dream.
Oh and I am currently waiting for my cd copy of Embryonic. Perhaps my fave from ze Lips. I gather it’s the Krautrock approach

Steve: I too am eagerly awaiting a new album from Silverback Throw. I crave more. Such a unique band and sound.
Ditto on The Passengers soundtrack although I have to admit that I vastly prefer the live version of Miss Sarajevo. Pavarotti’s voice during that song is just...well out of this world. Oh my word. It’s one of those ‘instant-goosebumps’ tracks for me. L’amore!!!

P.S. You see? I literally had no idea about Mr Pink’s political ways ...but like you, I love the music.

Edith: I just realised something The reason why I’ve found it incredibly hard to find any Guerilla Toss cds is probably down to the fact that my mind secretly prefers Gorilla Toss...and well..Danish online music shops and their search functions obviously need precision...

Edited by Guldbamsen - May 05 2021 at 11:00
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Teunis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2021 at 11:06
Soen - Imperial
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2021 at 11:23
Yesterday was a slow day music-wise. I watched The Mule instead (Clint Eastwood grandpa-style).

Herbie Hancock - Mwandishi (One of those albums you can dance to whilst a) extremely joyful b) whacked out of your space helmet c) standing on lego)
Tom Tom Club - s/t (Music that makes me happy. It’s like a melodic school yard)
The KLF - Chill Out (Sailing the seas before sleep)
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Cambus741 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambus741 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2021 at 11:34
Sophie B Hawkins   -     Tongues and Tails.  Also   Timbre
Fish                          -      Sunsets on Empire  Also Raingods With Zippos  
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2021 at 02:37
Waking up three hours before the alarm clock..and what do you do?
You fire up the stereo for the first time in a long while and greet your upstairs neighbour goodmorning with a healthy dose of Yeti. After all I needed to thank him for the late night 90s euro dance contest he obviously started right around midnight.
Music is after all the words and sentences we’re never able to express.

- Douglas Adams
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2021 at 06:37
Univeria Zekt - The Unnamables
Unit Wail - Pangaea Proxima
Unit Wail - Beyond Space Edges
Unit Wail - Retort
Umphrey's Mcgee - Anchor Drops
Umphrey's Mcgee - Death By Stereo
Umphrey's Mcgee - Local Band Does o.k
Umphrey's Mcgee - Mantis
Umphrey's Mcgee - The Bottom Half
Twink - Think Pink
Trojan Horse - Fukushima Surfer Boys
Trojan Horse - World Turned Upside Down
Triode - On N'a Pas Fini D'avoir Tout Vu
Triana - El Patio
Trettioariga Kriget - S/T
Trettioariga Kriget - Krigssang
Trees - On The Shore
Teunis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2021 at 10:57
Lonely Robot - Feelings Are Good
Riverside - Wasteland
Neal Morse - Life & Times
IQ - Dark Matter
Pendragon - Not Of This World
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2021 at 16:10
Gojira— Fortitude ( absolutely great. These guys don’t disappoint.)
Levin Minnieman Rudess— LMR ( rivals LTE easy! )
Savatage— Gutter Ballet
Soulfly— Enslaved
Sepultura— Chaos A.D

And yet I STILL WANT MORE METAL!!!
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2021 at 16:15
Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

Savatage— Gutter Ballet
Soulfly— Enslaved
Sepultura— Chaos A.D

Bro...u gonna blow your ears in those cans!!
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2021 at 17:48
Tuxedomoon | Half-Mute
Tangerine Dream | Phaedra
Edgar Froese | Aqua
Klaus Schulze | LVE Vol 13
Ravi Shankar | Music of India
Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti | Worn Copy

Edited by HolyMoly - May 06 2021 at 17:49
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2021 at 00:47

Sepultura— Chaos A.D
Oh yeah brother! Sepultura is one of those bands I still listen to from the old days, I actually played Chaos and Roots not so long ago, it's their previous albums that I haven't played for a long time. When I was about 13-14 Arise was the one that got me hooked and actually opened the door for me to a heavier type of metal and growling, I also remember when Chaos was released I went and bought that cassette...what a band!
I don't think I ever listened to anything post Roots since Max wasn't in the band anymore, are you familiar with anything?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2021 at 13:16
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Savatage— Gutter Ballet
Soulfly— Enslaved
Sepultura— Chaos A.D

Bro...u gonna blow your ears in those cans!!

Omg I loved it. Andy Wallace mixed a the chaos AD album and the new Gojira. No one does drum compression like him around the snare hits. Thing of beauty and I want more!! :)
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2021 at 13:21
Originally posted by Sagichim Sagichim wrote:

Sepultura— Chaos A.D

Oh yeah brother! Sepultura is one of those bands I still listen to from the old days, I actually played Chaos and Roots not so long ago, it's their previous albums that I haven't played for a long time. When I was about 13-14 Arise was the one that got me hooked and actually opened the door for me to a heavier type of metal and growling, I also remember when Chaos was released I went and bought that cassette...what a band!
I don't think I ever listened to anything post Roots since Max wasn't in the band anymore, are you familiar with anything?

Oh you bet. SAGI my man. You’ll appreciate SOULFLY. This is Max’s main band now. I recommend Soulfly #4 (Prophesy.) it is such a great fusing of South American tribal root instruments with incredible heavy metal/Prog tendencies. :)

Next my friend. You have Max and his brother (Igor) reuniting and forming Cavalera Conspiracy. Album I recommend is their first one from 2007. (INFLIKTED)

Hope you enjoy These as much as me. Lots to explore. Soulfly has 11 albums while CC has 5. :)
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2021 at 13:28
Today. I chilled out a bit more. Slightly.

Whitesnake— 1987 30th ann. Boxset. Disc 3 (1987 remixes)
Clan of Xymox— Medusa ( Christ. This is so beautifully joy division inspired. Absolutely beautiful album. 1986 was an incredible year. )
Dead Can Dance— In The Realm of A Dying sun (MFSL SACD version) — Can you say thunder bass? Wow. :)
Opeth— The Watershed
Black Sabbath— Mob Rules ( Live in Portland 1982. )
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2021 at 15:23

Sepultura— Chaos A.D

Oh you bet. SAGI my man. You’ll appreciate SOULFLY. This is Max’s main band now. I recommend Soulfly #4 (Prophesy.) it is such a great fusing of South American tribal root instruments with incredible heavy metal/Prog tendencies. :)

Next my friend. You have Max and his brother (Igor) reuniting and forming Cavalera Conspiracy. Album I recommend is their first one from 2007. (INFLIKTED)

Hope you enjoy These as much as me. Lots to explore. Soulfly has 11 albums while CC has 5. :)

Thanks man! I’ll definitely check them out.
MFP View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MFP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2021 at 15:47
Last few days:

Can - Monster Movie
Can - Ege Bamyasi
Can - Future Days
The Doors - s/t
The Doors - Strange Days
The Doors - L.A. Woman
The Police - Reggatta De Blanc
The Police - Ghost in the Machine
The Police - Synchronicity
Mike Oldfield - Ommadawn
Talking Heads - The Name of This Band is Talking Heads (2 CDs edition)
Roger Waters - Amused to Death
Anathema - Distant Satellites

Edited by MFP - May 09 2021 at 16:16
Teunis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2021 at 11:17
Bjørn Riis - A Storm Is Coming
Riverside - Second Life Syndrome
Pendragon - Pure
Subsignal - La Muerta
Toto - Fahrenheit
Hiram View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2021 at 11:37
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Hiram: That is one smoking three album selection there. Nice one Must admit this has got to be the first time I’ve ever seen that Esa Kotilainen record mentioned on here..by anyone other than myself that is. I really dig that album. Sounds as fresh and beautifully labyrinthian today as it did the first time I span it. I remember falling head over heels for it at a time where most of what I bumped into in the lands of old school prog electronic sounded like Tangerine Dream.

Cheers! Ajatuslapsi is a timeless album indeed. Labyrinthian is the right word. It's so simple and complex at the same time. 

My listening in the last couple of days:

T.Rex - Electric Warrior
Peter Hammill - In A Foreign Town
Es - Sateenkaarisuudelma 
Hector - Hectorock I

Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2021 at 12:17
Last couple of days

Touch - S/T (One of my all time favorite albums, an amazing early classic!)
Tool - Lateralus, 10000 Days, Aenima, Fear Inoculum
Tomorrow's Gift - Goodbye Future
Todd Rundgren - Todd
Todd Rundgren - A Wizard, A True Star
Time - S/T
Tiles - Fence The Clear
Three Man Army - A Third Of A Lifetime
Thork - Weila
This Heat - Deceit
The Trip - Atlantide
The Trip - Caronte
Terpandre - S/T
Tempano - Atabal Yemal, Chilhood's End, Nowhere Now Here, Selective Memory, The Agony And The Ecstasy
Tatran - Shvat (One of the best bands out there today, a must check for everyone!!)

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2021 at 19:01

Sepultura— Chaos A.D

Thanks man! I’ll definitely check them out.

Absolutely my pleasure. Love those 2 bands. Actually I think Max Cavalera is probably my metal god. He’s done some incredible work and he has never ever sold out to try and sound more commercial.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 434435436437438 524>