Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Would the Universe be better off without Earth?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWould the Universe be better off without Earth?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Poll Question: Would the Universe be better off without Earth?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
12 [50.00%]
12 [50.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2017 at 16:46
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

In evolutionary terms we're not that different from our ape ancestors who took great pleasure in flinging poo at each other (in that respect we've hardly evolved at all), so in spite of all we've achieved that we think makes us special we are a primitive lifeform with a lot to learn and a hell of lot more evolving to do. 

Couldn't agree more with this statement..........

And.....even though in recent centuries the tools of modern science have expanded our understanding of the physical universe in really unprecedented ways, many of the answers obtained thus far - both from experimental observations and the theories that still underlie much of modern physics - are laden with a number of assumptions.... Ouch 
So, while our society places a high degree of confidence in science due to our technological advancements, we must though be careful to identify its limitations...

Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2017 at 20:31
I wouldn't put a sudden poo-fling past a future Trump press conference (people would probably love it); "Trump Hurls Monkey Feces at George Stephanopoulos-- Secret Service Steps In, Trump's Favorability Hits All Time High"

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
KingCrInuYasha View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2017 at 21:57
Nah, the universe would be too Censored boring without Earth.
He looks at this world and wants it all... so he strikes, like Thunderball!
Thatfabulousalien View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2017 at 22:20
The universe would be better without planets
Classical music isn't dead, it's more alive than it's ever been. It's just not on MTV.

https://www.soundcloud.com/user-322914325
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2017 at 00:29
If anything, I'd say that the universe could be better without mankind, not the planet earth

Since the Universe is moving away from Earth in all directions I can only surmise that the decision has already been made and now it's only a matter of time... Smile

the day mankind will start setting foot on Mars and settle there, may be the universe will be better off without, but let's face it's (for now) our only exit... especially now that Trump will allow his buddies to sully and pollute freely. 

JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2017 at 00:03
Answer is quite clearly yes
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2017 at 08:34
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

If anything, I'd say that the universe could be better without mankind, not the planet earth

Since the Universe is moving away from Earth in all directions I can only surmise that the decision has already been made and now it's only a matter of time... Smile

the day mankind will start setting foot on Mars and settle there, may be the universe will be better off without, but let's face it's (for now) our only exit... especially now that Trump will allow his buddies to sully and pollute freely. 

While I agree with your statement about Trump I wonder why there is no mention of the pollution problem which exists in Europe?
mlkpad14 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2017 at 18:10
The planet Earth doesn't matter i the grand scheme of the universe... Yeah, we don't matter XD.
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2017 at 10:40
“It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234