Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedVaneta for eclectic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vaneta for eclectic
    Posted: October 08 2016 at 19:35
California born & bred band VANETA is releasing their first album this week--Antimemory on Lone Pine Records. Their music will be available for listening on Bandcamp, iTunes, Amazon, etc. 

A former heavy/death/doom metal band they have recently decided to change directions. Their influences are quite diverse but their sound is definitely quite eclectic--though guitars and multiple voice layered vocals are their signatory sounds. Please check them out and consider them for PA. I believe they belong here. (I would even volunteer to do their bio.)
Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2016 at 08:11
The album isn't released yet (I believe it is released on Friday October 14, 2016), but here are a few links to go with the suggestion which might aid when the time finally comes:

http://www.vaneta.us/ (site still in preparation).

The first single off the album:

And Lone Pine Records bandcamp main music page, where the album should appear sometime next week: http://store.lonepinerecords.com/musicSmile

BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2016 at 08:42
The album is up! It's on Bandcamp, iTunes, Amazon, CDBaby... Check it out! It's amazing! I've already got my review up and posted on my blogsite, Prog Is Alive and Well in the 21st Century. You can also hear me play them on my radio show next weekend at www.wdrt.org.
Drew Fisher
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2016 at 10:49
Listened to the album, and it is indeed very good! Eclectic Prog sounds like a reasonable place to start things off to me, and it should be a shoo-in for the site really.

And a link to Drew's review:

Duke of Rother View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2016 at 08:02
Enjoyed this album this morning. Very promising.
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2016 at 18:50
The band is very excited about their prog side--getting ready to tour and record new songs for their second album.

Drew Fisher
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2016 at 17:27
Hey, Teams! I'm not hearing/seeing any activity on this band. Is it because of Trump? It'd be a shame to see many Year-End Top 20s include this band's debut album (myself included) and yet see those votes disqualified because it isn't in the PA database yet (despite the fact that it has been around for three months).

Anyway, it's a GREAT album, an album that definitely belongs here on PA.  
Drew Fisher
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2016 at 17:47
You did get a response about the band in the Eclectic team thread (you might want to read through the last page of that thread). Speaking as an ex-Eclectic team member, like Kevin, I also get more of a Crossover vibe, so you might want to suggest it to Crossover. Maybe drop the Xover team a link to this topic in their team thread and also let Eclectic know in their team thread that you're asking Crossover to check it. That said, if you keep on eye on the team threads you'll note that Crossover is not fully functional at the moment, so patience, and maybe a little reminding if it doesn't get responded to over the next few months in that thread, is required.

Edited by Logan - December 14 2016 at 17:49
Just a fanboy passin' through.
anotherscott View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2016 at 17:44
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

You did get a response about the band in the Eclectic team thread (you might want to read through the last page of that thread). Speaking as an ex-Eclectic team member, like Kevin, I also get more of a Crossover vibe, so you might want to suggest it to Crossover. Maybe drop the Xover team a link to this topic in their team thread and also let Eclectic know in their team thread that you're asking Crossover to check it. That said, if you keep on eye on the team threads you'll note that Crossover is not fully functional at the moment, so patience, and maybe a little reminding if it doesn't get responded to over the next few months in that thread, is required.

Where are these team threads?
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2016 at 04:39
They're in an area of the forum called 'The Collab Zone', which is only accessible to members of the site with 4 or 5 stars over their avatar (if they use one). This means that you have to be either a collaborator, a special collaborator or a prog reviewer before this area of the forum will even show up on your 'Forum Home' page. Each evaluation team has a thread in the Collab Zone where any thoughts about a particular artist under evaluation can be posted for other team members to see and comment upon. I've never really understood why the evaluations on here have to be conducted in secret like this...after all, it's not exactly Government Secrets that we're talking about here, it's just music! Confused
Magnum Vaeltaja View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2017 at 21:07
Added to crossover here:

Thanks George! 
when i was a kid a doller was worth ten dollers - now a doller couldnt even buy you fifty cents
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2017 at 04:59
And thanks Kevin! - A light in the darkness that the New Suggestions forum so often is regarding evaluations that can't be followed by us ordinary PA members on progfreak. Thumbs Up Approve
 Post Reply Post Reply