Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedJah Wobble’s Solaris - space/prog

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jah Wobble’s Solaris - space/prog
    Posted: August 30 2005 at 15:12

OK, I am no expert and have nothing invested in this (I am not a particular fan of this band), but for the sake of completeness on what I have found to be an invaluable site....I recently downloaded (from emusic.com) the album 'Solaris Live In Concert' by Jah Wobble's Solaris (no connection with the Hungarian band by the smae name listed here), on his 30 Hertz records. Now I know Wobble is not a prog artist, and from what I can tell he has mostly done ambient stuff in recent years, but this particular album seems quite space rock-ish and would probably fit the prog label within the broad range on this site (it is at least as prog as Mogwai, perhaps more so). Given that this particular combination of musicians gave themselves a name, it would not entail listing all of Jah Wobble, most of which is not prog by a million miles. I have the album and have quite enjoyed it, so it makes little difference to me - thought others who like music on this site might enjoy it. 

Post Reply Post Reply