Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedArc - Maquette (1980) - french symphonic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arc - Maquette (1980) - french symphonic
    Posted: December 11 2016 at 09:59
Artist: Arc

One of the rarest French prog LP original insert at only 500 copies at that time and is as rare as this LP was sold in the 90's for over 500€.
ARC is a forgotten french progressive rock band that released their only album MAQUETTE in 1980. The music is an earnest attempt to recreate the dramatic French language prog music of Ange, Mona Lisa, or Synopsis with lots of vocals and keyboards. It is also similar to other such efforts like Elohim's.

Album: "Maquette" 1980
Genre: Progressive Rock
Label: Game

1. Quand (0:00)
2. Oraison Funebre (7:11)
3. Ami (13:15)
4. Souffle Colore (23:06)
5. Les Cites (34:57)

Jean-Louis Bernard - keyboards
Serge Ferrand - vocals
Frédéric Morice - drums
Jean-François Mesuron - bass, vocals
Patrick Loiseau - guitar, vocals
Jean-Louis Decourchelle - keyboards

< id="youtube_p_placeholder" -video-ids="neyFzZOSU3A" border="0" allowfullscreen="1" title="YouTube video p" width="100%" height="100%" ="https://www.youtube-no.com//?playlist=neyFzZOSU3A&loop=true&enablejsapi=1&origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.discogs.com&widgetid=1" style=": black; : ; left: 0px; bottom: 0px; top: 0px; right: 0px;">
puzart View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2016 at 10:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neyFzZOSU3A
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2016 at 12:06
I suggested them to symphonic a while back and believe they are cleared for addition, I thought they were already here...

Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2017 at 10:35
Originally posted by Sagichim Sagichim wrote:

I suggested them to symphonic a while back and believe they are cleared for addition, I thought they were already here...

Sorry, this is one rare case.

The addition was in charge of my good friend BHIKKHU, but in the next days he left the team due to his multiple occupations

The bad was forgotten.

We will add them ASAP

You could help us with a bio and the data of the album

Iván

yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2017 at 13:19
^ If Sagi hasn't got any additional info about the band to offer us, then there's probably enough in my post in his original suggestion thread to create a page for them - including a band pic: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=102207Smile

Edit: Please note - The inclusion of Jean-Louis Decourchelle in the credits as a second keyboard player in the info quoted in the o.p. in this thread (and in the Prog Line YouTube upload) may not be correct. The the back of the CD inlay actually credits him with 'régie lumières', which probably means that he looked after the lighting...presumably when the band played live (his brother Bertrand took care of recording and mixing duties).

Discogs has the label of the original vinyl release as 'Le Kiosque d'Orphée' rather than 'Game' (Le Kiosque d'Orphée was the name of a now defunct record label based in France and founded by Guy Batard sometime in the late 1950s. It began as a pressing plant, but by the 1970s had grown to releasing folk, traditional and pop music on its own imprint. It also released artist-funded avantgarde and experimental music in very small editions). Game was apparently just the organisation responsible for the production of the album. The following three links will probably be enough to confirm this:

http://filbeypop.free.fr/VINYLDISCOG/kiosque%20d%27orphee.html (the entry for Arc is about a third of the way down the page).

Hope this helps. Smile

Edited by yam yam - January 01 2017 at 13:53
Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2017 at 22:58
I'll de back when holidays end on January 7

Post Reply Post Reply