Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedthe musical box

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: the musical box
    Posted: December 13 2016 at 16:35
The experience of seeing the band, the musical box is somewhat akin to seeing genesis in it,s earliest form ,absolutely breathtaking in it,s presentation of the show live featuring full and most accurate verisons of cinema show and the watcher of the skies the grand finale includes supper,s ready and another suprprise .I have seen the musical box at least four times now and encourage other genesis fans ,you will i repeat you be amazed, well worth the admission.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2016 at 19:32
Saw them many times in the '90s (Selling mostly, Lamb once and no Foxtrot unfortunately), great memories, man.
Went to another Lamb performance 2 years ago but was a bit disappointed, love the album but the show strangely never really cliked with me.
Another Selling concert in a long time last September and it was a fantastic evening. Highly recommended, absolutely.
The Cinema Show (musically & visually) remains the absolute highlight for me.
Magnum Vaeltaja View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2016 at 20:24
Yep, I've got a friend who saw their Selling England show a year or two ago and he highly recommends it. In his words, "it was like spending an evening back in 1973!". 
when i was a kid a doller was worth ten dollers - now a doller couldnt even buy you fifty cents
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2016 at 01:47
Saw them recently doing SEBTP. Amazing performance. Looked and sounded brilliant.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2016 at 01:49
I've only seen them once and that was about 10 years ago and I agree they were excellent. They actually use a lot of the original props ,costumes etc that Genesis used which obviously gives it that authentic feel.
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2016 at 22:57
Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

Saw them many times in the '90s (Selling mostly, Lamb once and no Foxtrot unfortunately), great memories, man.
Went to another Lamb performance 2 years ago but was a bit disappointed, love the album but the show strangely never really cliked with me.
Another Selling concert in a long time last September and it was a fantastic evening. Highly recommended, absolutely.

I saw Lamb a few years ago, it was very fine, but the venue was a bit dodgy (Vic Theater in Chicago).  

More recently, I saw their "black" show (Foxtrot), it was amazing!  The stage presentation looked EXACTLY like the cover of the LP "Genesis Live," and the band performed these works flawlessly!  

I'm planning on seeing the SEBTP show soon, they play at the wonderful prog-friendly Arcada Theater in St. Charles, Illinois.  Best prog shows I've seen in ages!!  
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2016 at 12:15
^ Really hoping to see Foxtrot, at least once. Enjoy the concert, mate.

'Flawlessly' is the right word, indeed.

and seeing them always reminds me of how amazing a drummer Phil was, such precision and power. Stunning!!

Edited by Barbu - December 16 2016 at 12:20
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2016 at 00:25
Originally posted by cstack3 cstack3 wrote:

Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

I saw Lamb a few years ago, it was very fine, but the venue was a bit dodgy (Vic Theater in Chicago).  

More recently, I saw their "black" show (Foxtrot), it was amazing!  The stage presentation looked EXACTLY like the cover of the LP "Genesis Live," and the band performed these works flawlessly!  

I'm planning on seeing the SEBTP show soon, they play at the wonderful prog-friendly Arcada Theater in St. Charles, Illinois.  Best prog shows I've seen in ages!!  

You won't be disappointed by the SEBTP show. I came away on a high after that!
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Pigab View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2017 at 06:19
I'm a huge fan of Genesis (till Wind and Wuthering).
The Musical Box are amazing! I saw them performing the whole "The Lamb" and I'm still shivering thinking about that.
Totally suggested!

Another very cool cover band is "The Big One", covering Pink Floyd in an excellent way.
 Post Reply Post Reply