Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Music and Musicians Exchange
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTrack about false prophets, critiques welcome!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Track about false prophets, critiques welcome!
    Posted: December 13 2016 at 23:31
Hello all progarchivers, 

Some months ago I brought a track I'd been working on here for a review and i got pleasant feedback, and I was truly hoping for the same treatment with this one.  What I will hopefully in the coming months do is put together a full album and place a special thread under the unsigned acts section; for now I hope this will suffice.  The song in question is by no means a finished product, but in its' demo form I think it has enough of the main idea to get some feedback.  

https://soundcloud.com/raindropcollector/pagan-saint

The idea was to create a song based on the thought processes of people like Jim Jones and David Koresh, and the followers that they were able to curate.  In light of this I tried to both musically and lyrically provide this sort of feel, and I sincerely hope that you can enjoy it.  

And by all means, if it piques your interest feel free to follow my page!  As I said, hopefully I will have a true release soon that will merit a proper "band" creation under my moniker.  Thank you all in advance :)

EddieRUKiddingVarese View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2016 at 23:54
Very dark themes but interesting
"Everyone is born with genius, but most people only keep it a few minutes"
and I need the knits, the double knits!
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2016 at 10:42
It's an interesting theme and well executed. Well done.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Raindrop Collector View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2016 at 23:25
Yes it absolutely is not a light happy theme, I tend to gravitate towards more melancholic/strange themes in my music: It's what I've been doing since I can remember being creative on an instrument.  I appreciate the kind words though, cheers!
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2016 at 04:23
This type of dark theme  is right up my ally! Good song. Keep at it. Thumbs Up
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Growingart View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2016 at 03:02
This is really great. I am also a dark themes guy, the lyrics are reflected from things I experience and think about. I usually say that the most positive song I have written is about global warming, haha.

Anyway, this is great, I follow you now on SC. Vocals are nice, personally I am fond of when there are more intensive parts also. In my own project I am happy to have found a vocalist who dares to be over the edge. Maybe you could consider having guest vocalist on some song in full album to create this?
Progressiv rock | IN EXPERIENCE PROJECT
www.inexperienceproject.com
www.youtube.com/inexperienceproject
www.growingrecords.se
Raindrop Collector View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2016 at 12:36
Thank you both SteveG and Growingart for the kind comments :) I am actually releasing hopefully an album chocked full of these sorts of darker themed tracks, but I currently don't have enough songs with the theme in mind to populate a full album.  I am continuously working on it, however!  

I have never really considered having guest vocals of any sort, but it is totally something I will consider moving forward!  It's been hard enough to find like-minded individuals to play this stuff as it is, let alone someone that would want to actually contribute; so if it happened I'd be excited to say the least!
Growingart View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2016 at 13:13
It is indeed a persistent challenge to find like minded musicians. My project is a pure studio project. Now I have a drummer and a singer who are truly devoted, and we share the joy of creative acts. Creating songs is no problem, but getting all things together is a time consuming activity, especially since I learn about recording at home (as well as being increasingly insightful about the cost for building a studio in my home). Also, my maths goes like 1+1=3. That is, collaborations can create magic synergies.

And I like Starlight also. Keep 'em coming ! A reflection when listening, I expected something after the guitar melody at the end of Starlight, either in the song itself or when next song comes in (without long silence in between the songs). It feels as a part of something more. Which would be the full album :)
Progressiv rock | IN EXPERIENCE PROJECT
www.inexperienceproject.com
www.youtube.com/inexperienceproject
www.growingrecords.se
Asund View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2017 at 01:06
Sounds like more Floyd, with some 'hip' rhythms added......
 Post Reply Post Reply