Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhat should Yes perform at the RRHOF ceremony?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Poll Question: What should they play?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [3.03%]
6 [18.18%]
26 [78.79%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2016 at 11:44
The R&RHoF should be buried under four megaliths and Yes was eager to be enterred there. One plus one is a no-brainer.
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2016 at 02:18
Originally posted by TheLionOfPrague TheLionOfPrague wrote:

Close to the Edge.
This, of course
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2016 at 06:27
Originally posted by Magnum Vaeltaja Magnum Vaeltaja wrote:

Alternatively, Gates of Delirium, complete with the three-headed laser hydra from '74. 

This!
Welcome to the middle of the film.
SquonkHunter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2016 at 13:53
Dear Father
"You never had the things you thought you should have had and you'll not get them now..."
Thatfabulousalien View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2016 at 17:58
They should cover Bobby Brown
Classical music isn't dead, it's more alive than it's ever been. It's just not on MTV.

https://www.soundcloud.com/user-322914325
Thatfabulousalien View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2016 at 18:00
Originally posted by Tapfret Tapfret wrote:

They should cover a Tupac song.

I second this!
Classical music isn't dead, it's more alive than it's ever been. It's just not on MTV.

https://www.soundcloud.com/user-322914325
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2016 at 17:55
I think they should cover some Beyonce and get into the spirit of the proceedings. Better yet, they should avoid their induction at all costs.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2016 at 22:54
Originally posted by twosteves twosteves wrote:

Originally posted by Flight123 Flight123 wrote:

It does beg the question, was the induction of Yes dependent on 90125 rather than TFTO?  Probably yes...

Probably correct---it's a shame the powers that be at  RRHOF don't get prog but it has always been that way so  Yes probably got in because of 90125 ---the easy listening 80's Yes--more than Tales or Relayer---

What I don't understand is why a band like Moody Blues---didn't get in a long time ago---they have the sales and the easy listening part---plus Nights in White Satin is a major world wide song---more so than OOALH and much better popular song.Smile

As far as who will show up---from the things they have said so far---Wakeman has said he will not---Bruford seems to say no too---Howe seems to want to show up----I assume the California west coast boys---Anderson Rabin and White will show up----I know don't know about Kaye. Obviously this could change as Howe has insinuated from now until show time.

Re the Moody Blues, all you have to do is look at how the Rolling Stone Record Guide dismissed them to understand how the practically synonymous RRHOF hasn't inducted them.  I mean, it would be hard to find a more successful rock band as reviled by that whole lot as the Moodys.  To add insult to injury, they gave the best rating of any Moodys album to the first one from 1965!  

When Rolling Stone published their top 50 prog rock albums of all time, they made amends with several bands that they had dissed in the past - eg - choosing Renaissance "Ashes are Burning" for the list, which they had given 1 star to in the record guide.  But no such truce with the Moodys, who were completely left out even though Days of Future Passed (not nearly my favorite album by them) was a pivotal prog album.
maryes View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2016 at 13:55
The Messiah Hallelujah !!!!!
Tales From Topographic Oceans (all 4 sides) !!!!!!!!!!!
Mascodagama View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2016 at 14:25
Anarchy In The UK.
Mascodagama View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2016 at 14:26
That would show those b*****ds!
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2016 at 08:12
They could play whatever they want. I mean, like someone already wrote it in the previous two pages, is it really Yes without Squire or Anderson?
They will play a mediocre medley of their biggest hits, shake hands with the officials, have some warm champagne and self-congratulate for entering the Rock'n'Roll version of the Tussaud wax museum... Hey, maybe they have already turned into wax statues for a while!
BarryGlibb View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2016 at 04:51
Rolf Harris' "Two Little Boys"....then again maybe not.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2016 at 09:14
Originally posted by kenethlevine kenethlevine wrote:

Originally posted by twosteves twosteves wrote:

Originally posted by Flight123 Flight123 wrote:

It does beg the question, was the induction of Yes dependent on 90125 rather than TFTO?  Probably yes...

Probably correct---it's a shame the powers that be at  RRHOF don't get prog but it has always been that way so  Yes probably got in because of 90125 ---the easy listening 80's Yes--more than Tales or Relayer---

What I don't understand is why a band like Moody Blues---didn't get in a long time ago---they have the sales and the easy listening part---plus Nights in White Satin is a major world wide song---more so than OOALH and much better popular song.Smile

As far as who will show up---from the things they have said so far---Wakeman has said he will not---Bruford seems to say no too---Howe seems to want to show up----I assume the California west coast boys---Anderson Rabin and White will show up----I know don't know about Kaye. Obviously this could change as Howe has insinuated from now until show time.

Re the Moody Blues, all you have to do is look at how the Rolling Stone Record Guide dismissed them to understand how the practically synonymous RRHOF hasn't inducted them.  I mean, it would be hard to find a more successful rock band as reviled by that whole lot as the Moodys.  To add insult to injury, they gave the best rating of any Moodys album to the first one from 1965!  

When Rolling Stone published their top 50 prog rock albums of all time, they made amends with several bands that they had dissed in the past - eg - choosing Renaissance "Ashes are Burning" for the list, which they had given 1 star to in the record guide.  But no such truce with the Moodys, who were completely left out even though Days of Future Passed (not nearly my favorite album by them) was a pivotal prog album.

I couldn't agree more and imho The Moodies should be in before Yes......the Moodies  were a seminal early 'prog band' and no doubt influenced many others. How they can be passed by and yet Floyd, Genesis, and Yes are in is beyond me , but then we are dealing with a bunch of idiots in the RRHOF.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2016 at 12:52
Originally posted by CPicard CPicard wrote:

They could play whatever they want. I mean, like someone already wrote it in the previous two pages, is it really Yes without Squire or Anderson?
They will play a mediocre medley of their biggest hits, shake hands with the officials, have some warm champagne and self-congratulate for entering the Rock'n'Roll version of the Tussaud wax museum... Hey, maybe they have already turned into wax statues for a while!
As usual, CPicard, you're right on the money.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2016 at 13:44
Originally posted by Rednight Rednight wrote:

Originally posted by CPicard CPicard wrote:

As usual, CPicard, you're right on the money.

Yeah, I spend too much time sending bad vides on this forum. Ermm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123