FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe American Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 434>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2017 at 10:19
Originally posted by omphaloskepsis omphaloskepsis wrote:

Since Sweden opened their borders to Refugees the rape rate has risen 1472%.   Sweden has the 2nd highest rape rate in the world.   Perhaps Trump got the date and time wrong.  Trump did not get the refugee Sweden Rape crisis wrong.   Forget last night in Sweden, instead remember the last few disastrous, rape-ridden years.  Islamic refugee in Sweden live-streamed their gang rape on Facebook!  Who cares what day of the week it happened? 

The following video was made a Swedish citizen, who came to Sweden when he was a child Bosnian refugee.  He talks about the Swedish Refugee problem.   There's a plethora of Swedish citizen-made videos on the Swedish Refugee Rape Crisis.  If you don't believe me; please check it out.  Swedish citizens see it differently from Swedish politicians and media. 

Read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_Sweden

And just so we know what we are talking about here a link to the Swedish Penal Code; skip down to Chapter 6 which deals with sexual crimes and has 13 sections:

http://www.government.se/contentassets/5315d27076c942019828d6c36521696e/swedish-penal-code.pdf

Actually anybody with a bit of sense should immediately doubt a statistic that talks about a 1472% increase of rape cases mostly attributed to a group of new immigrants that make up about 1% of the population. This would mean that it is about 15000 times as likely to be raped by one of this new immigrants than by any other member of the population which is downright preposterous.

Edited by BaldFriede - February 20 2017 at 11:16

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2017 at 11:09
Do you really think Swedish women report their husbands for rape if the condom slips off?   I couldn't find one example.   Digital rape (for example-sticking your finger in a drunk, unconscious Swedish woman) is considered rape in Sweden.  As it should be.  I did a YouTube search of "Digital Rape Sweden"    All I got was thousands of Migrant, Islam, and Refugee rape crisis results.   So I tried to search " White male Swedish Rape problem"  Again, all I get is Rufugee rape crisis.  It seems the Refugees rape boys and men as well as women and girls. 

I've been familiar with the Swedish Sexual Criminal Codes for years.   The horrible thing about the Swedish Sex Criminal Code are the 2 year penalties.  if convicted (that's a big IF)  2 years for rape is the most common penalty for rape.      

Bottom line-  Any Swedish Rape search on YouTube nets you hundreds of thousands of Refugee rape videos. Don't believe me.   Go look for yourself.   Word it anyway you want it.  It's always comes up Swedish Refugee Rape Crisis.

You said:
"Actually anybody with a bit of sense should immediately doubt a statistic that talks about a 1472% increase of rape cases mostly attributed to a group of new immigrants that make up about 1% of the population. This would mean that it is about 15000 times as likely to be raped by one of this new immigrants than by any other member of the population which is downright preposterous."'

My stats are correct.  However, your stats are incorrect. You quoted Wikipedia.  Now I will quote Wikipedia:

"As of 2010, 1.33 million people or 14.3% of the inhabitants in Sweden were foreign-born. Of these, 859,000 (64.6%) were born outside the European Union."   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_to_Sweden

Here is one of my sources for Sweden's 1472% rise in Rape Stats-  Please Google Swedish rape stats for fact checking purposes.
https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/5195/sweden-rape

Edited by omphaloskepsis - February 20 2017 at 11:42
Kepler62 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2017 at 11:39
So this is now  a Swedish rape thread. OK. I won't say anything about Don then. Just out of interest what do the Swedish rape statistics have to do with American politics. I can't see any connection. Confused
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2017 at 11:49
Originally posted by Kepler62 Kepler62 wrote:

So this is now  a Swedish rape thread. OK. I won't say anything about Don then. Just out of interest what do the Swedish rape statistics have to do with American politics. I can't see any connection. Confused

Good question Kepler.   Most of the Refugees who rape in Sweden or Germany and other European Union states are from the same 7 countries that Trump wants to expose to extreme vetting.  In other words, Trump doesn't want to make the same mistakes that Sweden did.  You can't unscramble an egg.   An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.  

Trump wants to deport felons who are illegal immigrants.   And Trump is for extreme vetting, so that bad people don't immigrate.  We want good immigrants.  Who want's crime?     
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2017 at 12:00

Do you really think Swedish women report their husbands for rape if the condom slips off?   I couldn't find one example.   Digital rape (for example-sticking your finger in a drunk, unconscious Swedish woman) is considered rape in Sweden.  As it should be.  I did a YouTube search of "Digital Rape Sweden"    All I got was thousands of Migrant, Islam, and Refugee rape crisis results.   So I tried to search " White male Swedish Rape problem"  Again, all I get is Rufugee rape crisis.  It seems the Refugees rape boys and men as well as women and girls. 

I've been familiar with the Swedish Sexual Criminal Codes for years.   The horrible thing about the Swedish Sex Criminal Code are the 2 year penalties.  if convicted (that's a big IF)  2 years for rape is the most common penalty for rape.      

Bottom line-  Any Swedish Rape search on YouTube nets you hundreds of thousands of Refugee rape videos. Don't believe me.   Go look for yourself.   Word it anyway you want it.  It's always comes up Swedish Refugee Rape Crisis.

You said:
"Actually anybody with a bit of sense should immediately doubt a statistic that talks about a 1472% increase of rape cases mostly attributed to a group of new immigrants that make up about 1% of the population. This would mean that it is about 15000 times as likely to be raped by one of this new immigrants than by any other member of the population which is downright preposterous."'

My stats are correct.  However, your stats are incorrect. You quoted Wikipedia.  Now I will quote Wikipedia:

"As of 2010, 1.33 million people or 14.3% of the inhabitants in Sweden were foreign-born. Of these, 859,000 (64.6%) were born outside the European Union."   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_to_Sweden

Here is one of my sources for Sweden's 1472% rise in Rape Stats-  Please Google Swedish rape stats for fact checking purposes.
https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/5195/sweden-rape

Excuse me, but your statistics are incorrect. I am comparing the supposed increase of rape crimes to the rise of the immigrant population during the time this supposed increase of rape crimes happened. This is the reasonable thing to do unless you can come up with an explanation why all of a sudden the foreign population of Sweden should start committing rape crimes.

Edited by BaldFriede - February 20 2017 at 12:10

The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2017 at 12:34
Sometimes I think Trump IS a master of everything. Now he actually has people talking about SWEDEN of all things. 

BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2017 at 12:43
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

Sometimes I think Trump IS a master of everything. Now he actually has people talking about SWEDEN of all things. 

Let me tell you about Sweden
Only country where the clouds are interesting
Big brother says it's the place to go

Too much time to think, too little to do
Too much time to think, too little to do
Too much time, too little to do
'Cos it's all quiet on the Eastern front.

From the Stranglers song "All Quiet on the Eastern Front"

Mascodagama View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2017 at 13:44
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

The only country where the clouds are interesting.

Edited by Mascodagama - February 20 2017 at 13:45
LearsFool View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2017 at 15:27
As a final note on the "Rapefugee" blood libel, a Swedish newsource interviewed the police officers that Fox interviewed for their hit piece and it turns out that Fox maliciously edited their statements to make it look like there's a problem when there damn well isn't.
Kepler62 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2017 at 15:33
Image result for saab gripenS

Since this is now  a Swedish thread they even make some nice fighter airplanes.

Edited by Kepler62 - February 20 2017 at 15:34
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2017 at 16:16
International politics and issues commonly have an effect on, and are relevant to, national politics. Be good to have an international politics thread -- probably is one already.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2017 at 17:33
President Trump wants to extreme vet the same 7 countries President Obama bombed for his entire administration.   This begs several questions:

If President Trump is wrong to document and vet immigrants from 7 Islamic countries, then was President Obama also wrong to bomb the exact same 7 countries for his entire 8 years in office?

If Obama was wrong, then why didn't the main stream media deluge President Obama with calls for impeachment like they've done for Trump since before President Trump took office? 

Let's suppose it was correct for President Obama and America to bomb the same 7 Islamic countries in which President Trump wants to curb immigration.    Wouldn't that also suggest that these 7 Islamic countries are home to a high percentage of dangerous bad people who would harm America and it's citizens? 

Why didn't the media scream and complain when President Obama's attempted to curb Immigration in the 2011?  Here the US Government White House link-

"Presidential Proclamation--Suspension of Entry as Immigrants and Nonimmigrants of Persons Who Participate in Serious Human Rights and Humanitarian Law Violations and Other Abuses."  https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/the-press-office/2011/08/04/presidential-proclamation-suspension-entry-immigrants-and-nonimmigrants-

Where was the mainstream media then?

Edited by omphaloskepsis - February 20 2017 at 17:57
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2017 at 17:50
Pff that's some twisted logic, Obama has gone to war with extremist terrorists, Trump is obstructing the millions of non-extremists trying to flee from a small group that is trying to KILL them.
Also, the rapefugee thing is deluded, please come to Europe, come see for yourself on the streets here in the Netherlands, the poorest corners with the most immigrants, countries with 10 times as many Muslims per capita as the US, see for yourself how completely harmless and safe it is instead trampling over the same single contrived statistic. People complaining about Muslims here are complaining about general behavior, not crime, since that simply hasn't increased in any significant way.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2017 at 18:11
Originally posted by twseel twseel wrote:

Pff that's some twisted logic, Obama has gone to war with extremist terrorists, Trump is obstructing the millions of non-extremists trying to flee from a small group that is trying to KILL them.
Also, the rapefugee thing is deluded, please come to Europe, come see for yourself on the streets here in the Netherlands, the poorest corners with the most immigrants, countries with 10 times as many Muslims per capita as the US, see for yourself how completely harmless and safe it is instead trampling over the same single contrived statistic. People complaining about Muslims here are complaining about general behavior, not crime, since that simply hasn't increased in any significant way.

How do you tell the difference between the good immigrants and the terrorists without extreme vetting?  It's twisted logic to suggest that only good Muslims wish to immigrate to America.   I'm sure terrorists are too stupid to think of hiding amongst fleeing refugees.  Terrorists would never think of that.

President Trump wishes place a 6 month ban on immigration from 7 Islamic countries, so that an Infrastructure can be put into place to interview and document immigrants from countries American has been at war with for fifteen years.   Do you think it's a bad idea?    If so, what would you do?

According to Wikipedia the Netherlands has a 4% Muslim population.    Compare that to Sweden's 14.3%.   Sweden has the 2nd highest rape rate on the planet Earth.  Please look it up yourself.

Edited by omphaloskepsis - February 20 2017 at 18:27
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2017 at 18:20
^^ Interesting, so you don't find more people who identify with Islam in prison, or have links to crime such as terrorism, rape, wife-beatings, proportionately than native Dutch? And I guess the same can be said for the rest of Europe (migrants and children/grandchildren of migrants from moslem countries are not more likely to be involved in violent acts, or appeals to violent action in the country, than those of that countries ancestry, say with Sweden, Belgium, France etc.).

I enjoyed by time in the Netherlands and Belgium a couple of years ago, though I didn't go to Molonbeek. I should have.

What issues of general behavior are people complaining about?

I'm anti-Trump, but I think improved vetting makes sense. I wish that the west could somehow eventually help to rebuild their home countries so that the migrants can return in time. Or I should say, make it safe, then they can help rebuild their countries. Must be hard on these people to feel like they have to leave their homelands and adapt to a new culture (western secular societies built on liberal values) that must be very alien to some of them.

Edited by Logan - February 20 2017 at 18:34
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2017 at 18:43

How do you tell the difference between the good immigrants and the terrorists without extreme vetting?  It's twisted logic to suggest that only good Muslims wish to immigrate to America.   I'm sure terrorists are too stupid to think of hiding amongst fleeing refugees.  Terrorists would never think of that.

President Trump wishes place a 6 month ban on immigration from 7 Islamic countries, so that an Infrastructure can be put into place to interview and document immigrants from countries American has been at war with for fifteen years.   Do you think it's a bad idea?    If so, what would you do?

According to Wikipedia the Netherlands has a 4% Muslim population.    Compare that to Sweden's 14.3%.   Sweden has the 2nd highest rape rate on the planet Earth.  Please look it up yourself.

Look up "Islamophobia" yourself.
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2017 at 18:45

President Trump wishes place a 6 month ban on immigration from 7 Islamic countries, so that an Infrastructure can be put into place to interview and document immigrants from countries American has been at war with for fifteen years.   Do you think it's a bad idea?    If so, what would you do?

I have read up on that, the answer is in Friede's post. It's a matter of policy. Speaking of policy, America already has one of the strictest entrance policies anywhere, there is nothing America doesn't dig up now with help of actual facts that will be found with some apparently very complex interview. Sure it sounds all neat from a distance but you're seriously already doing everything rationally possible and beyond, and if someone really wants to harm America anyway it really isn't difficult for them to find people already there to do it for them; this is what has happened in Europe... And besides, you're discraminating, in the most literal form against, I believe, 1,5 billion people to weed out a few hundred who could reasonably be a direct threat.Also, like I said, some of these people are being left to get KILLED. Dozens of countries are trying to deal with this problem, if you want to hold yourself up to be a responsible, reliable or relevant country to any degree it's completely unacceptable to say 'meh, it's just too hard for us', while Eastern Europe is seriously struggling to keep hundreds of thousands of victims from becoming homeless and nationless.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2017 at 18:47
Islamophobia = an irrational fear of Islam. I loathe that term. It's a term used to shut down discussion, as is Islamophilia.

Edited by Logan - February 20 2017 at 18:49
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2017 at 18:56
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

^^ Interesting, so you don't find more people who identify with Islam in prison, or have links to crime such as terrorism, rape, wife-beatings, proportionately than native Dutch? And I guess the same can be said for the rest of Europe (migrants and children/grandchildren of migrants from moslem countries are not more likely to be involved in violent acts, or appeals to violent action in the country, than those of that countries ancestry, say with Sweden, Belgium, France etc.).

I enjoyed by time in the Netherlands and Belgium a couple of years ago, though I didn't go to Molonbeek. I should have.

What issues of general behavior are people complaining about?

I'm anti-Trump, but I think improved vetting makes sense. I wish that the west could somehow eventually help to rebuild their home countries so that the migrants can return in time. Or I should say, make it safe, then they can help rebuild their countries. Must be hard on these people to feel like they have to leave their homelands and adapt to a new culture (western secular societies built on liberal values) that must be very alien to some of them.
Investigations here have shown that about 75%(I think it was) of difference in crime can be subscribed to income differences, to start with. Then you can take into account that most of them are either first or second generation immigrants, and with the second generation there is very little difference left... People do complain about Muslims (most often Moroccans apparently) hanging around on the streets, not being trustworthy, being more violent, but within reasonable bounds, banding together with other Muslims, etc. They're not perfect, but we've had them for a while and surely they are not a threat.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2017 at 19:02
Thanks, that's interesting. When doing stats things should be broken down as much as possible. Where there is poverty there is usually more violent crime.

I was getting confused too with the stats that Friede was arguing with Omphal, cause it seemed to be talking at cross-purposes rather than sourcing statistics to make comparisons and generate a bigger picture.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 434>