Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2017 at 06:11
Originally posted by Tillerman88 Tillerman88 wrote:

Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

as to 9-11: I don't know if it was an inside job, but I am certain the official version is not the truth. the twin towers and WTC-7 collapse due to the intensity of the flames, but miraculously the passport of Mohamed Atta escapes the fiery inferno to be found by investigators - pull the other one

The official version could not be the truth with all the chemical evidence of high-explosives, but that could indicate something no one has suggested; like explosives planted on the planes, which though extraordinary, doesn't necessarily indicate a domestic conspiracy or an inside job.   It could just indicate very smart terrorists.

it would still not explain the passport of Mohamed Atta, and that's just the tip of the iceberg

Through Google there are only conspiracy websites about this information, no official source explaining how the passport was found.

a passport?  surviving a plane crash. Whooo... Shocking LOL Come on all...  ditch the tinfoil. 

sh*t happens...the inexplanable..  my favorites

a twister unwinding a roll of toilet paper from bathroom — draping it across the countertop, then rewound it in the sink.

The toilet paper didn't even rip.

were searching through the rubble to find their car when they heard a radio playing. When they approached the car, they found the in-dash radio had been ripped from the car and was dangling from a rearview mirror.

It was no longer attached but it was still playing

The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2017 at 06:21
Originally posted by Kepler62 Kepler62 wrote:

So now this is a 9/11 cospiracy discussion?

I was in a used bookstore yesterday where I live in Fort Erie ( I managed to find a copy of Roger Dean Views in pretty good shape for $15 CAN ! ) There was an American  lady and her kids raving about how Trump is going to sort out the planet and kick ass and there were Canadians agreeing with her all the way. I think that this anti-trump sentiment is confined to outspoken people who just want to jump on the bandwagon. As far as I can see it is business as usual man. We are not living in the 1800s or 1960s. We're living in the 21st century. American politics and foreign  policy will always be f**ked up.I don't know why people just don't deal with it? I think we should be more worried about that lunatic kid  in North Korea

sorry my fault for bringing it up.. yet it is better than trying to decide who in Trump's administration is going to blow up the Statue of Liberty to show there are some bad hombres out there LOL

anyhow... as I said. The real danger is not Trump.. it is those like the kickass broad and her brood.

Oh the anti-Trump sentiment is alive and well and yes it is important. It is already having an effect on Congress who by all reports have been rattled by the grassroots protest movement. They know better than any of us that a mobilized energized Demorcatic party is dangerous to their continued hold on power.  Trump has his support and likely will always have it.  In fact I'll prove the point.   I've been on the wagon since the new year...  if there is ONE Trump supporter on this forum who will be brave enough to admit they made a mistake... I will toast their bravery with a 6 pack of America's finest high octane 10%r beer.

There are none of course, they exist in their own world. The two America's you hear of. However what is important is the apathtic left, the 7 MILLION votes HIllary didn't get that Obama did all while Trump remained around the same number Romney got.. if they get mobilized and they are. Then you bet your ass it matters.

Edited by micky - February 26 2017 at 06:27
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2017 at 16:33
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

a passport?  surviving a plane crash. Whooo... Shocking LOL Come on all...  ditch the tinfoil. 

sh*t happens...the inexplanable..
Yep it sure does, in fact a small, light booklet of laminated paper seems much more likely to survive an explosion and fire than something more substantial and easily damaged, along with all the other personal items that survived.   Makes sense to me.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2017 at 18:03
The news is fake, here is an example how people in politics play with our heads: Under new rules prompted by the 2009 incident involving a bombing attempt on a US flight, Northwest 253, airline passengers traveling to the U.S. from 14 nations would undergo extra screening: Afghanistan, Algeria, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen. The inclusion of non-Muslim Cuba on the list was criticized. 

These are, very sadly, dangerous places where the peril of infiltrating terrorists into the West is fact, not fiction.
But it comes as new news. There is no such thing as NEWS. 
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
Kepler62 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2017 at 18:21
Why are you guys so into conspiracy theories? Confused

Edited by Kepler62 - February 26 2017 at 18:34
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2017 at 19:54
^ Prog rock was a conspiracy to turn the corruption of music & youth into a sophisticated and worldly art form.   Didn't you get the memo?
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Kepler62 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2017 at 07:25
Some youth today can't even tie their shoelaces or do long division.
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2017 at 08:41
Originally posted by Kepler62 Kepler62 wrote:

Why are you guys so into conspiracy theories? Confused

Things are topsy turvy in America.  Since Trump entered office, the main stream media espouses conspiracy theories on a daily basis.   Mainsteam media has a polictical-social agenda and it isn't "telling it like is".  If someone in authority calls the Main Steam Media on lies, the media screams "right to free speech".   The mainstream media wants us to believe they are an unbiased, benevolent, all truth telling entity with no political agenda. 

Did you know Amazon founder Jeff Bezos owns the Washington Post?  The Washington Post endorsed Obama and Hillary Clinton for President.   My point?  After endorsing a candidate, how can a news outlet such as The Washington Post report unbiased news on the endorsed candidate or the politician that their endorsed candidate is running against?  

There are certain phrases and words that shut down political-social conversations.  Phases such as: "You're a racist!", "You're Islamicphobic", " "You're Fascist!", "Feminist!", and "Snowflake".   If someone on the Media hit list says the name" Hitler",   it's taken out of context and the soundbite is cherry picked and tailored to make the enemy of the media seem like a Fascist.   If you're a media darling?  Nothing happens.  

Take PewDiePie for example.  Who is PewDiePie?  He's YouTube phenomena, with over 53 million subscribers.  Yes, that makes PewDiePie the most subscribed YouTube channel.  The main stream media doesn't like PewDiePie because more people watch him then watch CNN or read the Washington post.  PewDiePie turns political correctness on it's head on a daily basis.  And his young audience love him for it.  Here is PewDiePie's unique and hilarious response to the media's accusations that PieDiePie is anti-Semite, has a Nazi haircut,  and is a Fascist. 

There's a battle going on between free speech and political correctness.  When the media tells stories that support the political-social viewpoint of the individual, then most viewers automatically believe the news story, whether it's true or not.  This happens on the Left and the Right.   

Edited by omphaloskepsis - February 27 2017 at 14:29
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2017 at 14:11
World leaders. You gotta love them.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2017 at 16:27
Originally posted by omphaloskepsis omphaloskepsis wrote:

Did you know Amazon founder Jeff Bezos owns the Washington Post?  The Washington Post endorsed Obama and Hillary Clinton for President.   My point?  After endorsing a candidate, how can a news outlet such as The Washington Post report unbiased news on the endorsed candidate or the politician that their endorsed candidate is running against? 
So, why don't you say the same thing about arch-conservative Rupert Murdoch who owns Fox News (managed by the rapist Roger Ailes until recently)? They support every lie and every crackpot conspiracy theory that any tinfoil hat-wearing alt-right buffoon can conjure? The bias bleeds out of the TV from that bogus operation. I'd trust the Washington Post over Faux News for actually fact-checking what they report.

Based on your skewed opinion, Fox News should have shut down operations for the 8 years Obama was president.LOL
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2017 at 16:35
Can someone out there in Progland explain to me why the US has only two political options? There used to be middle of the road opinions which seem to be now drowned out by idiotic ultra-leftist garbage and ultra-right nonsense. Can one not be fiscally conservative AND socially respectful? Polarization : between two arctic wastelands , where is the land of the free? 
This tit for tat world is so primitive.....Ouch

Edited by tszirmay - February 27 2017 at 16:36
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2017 at 16:48
Dark Elf said-

So, why don't you say the same thing about arch-conservative Rupert Murdoch who owns Fox News (managed by the rapist Roger Ailes until recently)? They support every lie and every crackpot conspiracy theory that any tinfoil hat-wearing alt-right buffoon can conjure? The bias bleeds out of the TV from that bogus operation. I'd trust the Washington Post over Faux News for actually fact-checking what they report.

Based on your skewed opinion, Fox News should have shut down operations for the 8 years Obama was president.

OK.  I'll say it.   Rupert Murdoch owns Fox News.   I don't support Fox News. Fox News lies too.  I want media to tell the truth.  I realize it's a pipe dream.   The essence of my opinion I stated is- The media lies.  I stand by that opinion.

Furthermore, I pointed out how certain YouTube people such as PewDiePie have more listeners than main stream media outlets.  I also pointed out that The Washington Post endorsed Obama and Hillary Clinton.  That's a fact not an opinion. Look it up.

I apologize if my opinion upset you.  Since you disagree with me, would you prefer me not to post on this American Politics Thread?   I thought this thread was a place where Progarchive membership could discuss American Politics. 

Do you believe The Washington Post reports only the truth?  

My sincere apologies to Tszermay for misquoting him. 

Edited by omphaloskepsis - February 27 2017 at 17:05
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2017 at 16:59
 Embarrassed

Edited by tszirmay - February 27 2017 at 17:09
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2017 at 17:02
PewDiePie seems irrelevant here, all those damn leftist news reports in my damn leftist country have said 'Warner Bros have ended his contract for supposedly saying offensive things about jews. According to him it was just a joke.' Some media lie, some, often state-owned media, have no fiscal or political incentive to lie, they show me long slices of Trumps actual commentary with no framing words or judgements and it's still obvious Trump has no idea what he's talking about. He has said America's gross product was $0, he said unemployment might very well be over 40%, he said something 'happened last night in Sweden', when there is still not a single Swede who knows about anything happening that night, he first said the wall would cost $4 billion, which he slowly raised up to twelve billion. He's a complete moron.
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2017 at 17:31
Originally posted by tszirmay tszirmay wrote:

Can someone out there in Progland explain to me why the US has only two political options? There used to be middle of the road opinions which seem to be now drowned out by idiotic ultra-leftist garbage and ultra-right nonsense. Can one not be fiscally conservative AND socially respectful? Polarization : between two arctic wastelands , where is the land of the free? 

Well, I guess Chris Wallace in Fox News kinda meets that description (and Trump supporters hate him, not surprisingly). 
Tillerman88 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2017 at 17:51
Originally posted by omphaloskepsis omphaloskepsis wrote:

I apologize if my opinion upset you.  Since you disagree with me, would you prefer me not to post on this American Politics Thread?   I thought this thread was a place where Progarchive membership could discuss American Politics. 

Should we not welcome different opinions and a healthy discussion on a discussion thread?..

It seems to me you need to develop a thicker skin.........
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2017 at 18:08
Originally posted by Tillerman88 Tillerman88 wrote:

[QUOTE=omphaloskepsis]

Should we not welcome different opinions and a healthy discussion on a discussion thread?..

It seems to me you need to develop a thicker skin.........
Good point. I agree, I wholeheartedly welcome different opinions and healthy discussion.  
At least I think I do.  Would you please define "healthy discussion".

Edited by omphaloskepsis - February 27 2017 at 18:22
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2017 at 18:32

I will give it a shot. America has a very diverse population. We do need more parties than Democrat and Republicans. I will list my new thoughts for parties. Parties are good.
The Hollywood Party
Retired Sports Heroes Party
The Mafia Party
Scientology Party
Sagebrush Rebellion Party
Megamillion Winners Party.
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2017 at 18:54

there is hardly anything that is center in the US, let alone left
Kepler62 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2017 at 07:06
Can someone please tell me what the f**k is the purpose of this thread? Thank-you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 434>