Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe American Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 434>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2017 at 04:08
Looks like your shadow has left the building.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2017 at 05:03
Fixed
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2017 at 06:01
Originally posted by npjnpj npjnpj wrote:

As an outsider: this is barbarism on a scope beyond measure.
What's wrong with these republicans?

Mental illness.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
LearsFool View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2017 at 14:37
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2017 at 15:03
First of all: congratulations to the American people. I feel very relieved for you all.

Now, I wonder how Donald Trump, the man who never, ever admits to failures of any kind, will publically react; meaning who's he going to blame the most: the republicans? The democrats? The house? Sean Spicer? The unfair media? The American people? The French or Canadian secret service? Melania? The maitre d' at Mar-a-Lago? The possibilities are endless. I can't wait for the barrage of tweets.

If I make the impression that I'm gloating, the reason is probably that I am.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2017 at 15:10
Originally posted by LearsFool LearsFool wrote:

Ryan and Trump have been forced to pull their bill just before the inevitably fatal vote.

Well, that was anticlimactic.

yeah...nor unsurprising... even some of those idiots on the Hill know they are playing with their jobs.. the gravytrain... and couldn't support that trainwreck of a bill

anticlimatic..but OHHH so very interesting... LOL  Suspect this is going to have a lot of fallout.. and yeah .. it also f**ks Trumps adjenda for the year.  No surprise.. he didn't give a sh*t about health care...

taxes... oh you bet ya he did about that... now they'll have to negotiate with the Dems on that.. and no way do they allow massive corporate and 1%r tax breaks which were coming with but a simple majority vote under the guise of the 'healthcare bill'

no wonder it was a sh*t bill..  it wasn't intended to fix health care.. or make sure those in need were served.. it was but a tool.. a means to an end man.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2017 at 15:15
Originally posted by progaardvark progaardvark wrote:

What's wrong with these republican voters?

Mental illness.

bravo!!!

you can excuse the politicians...  they have proven time and time again they don't care about the common man dude. Hey don't blame them for sh*tting on  their constiuants. They have NEVER been held accountable by them.  Oh they throw them red meat.. and scare them stupid..but what is the practical definition of insanity...

doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

the problem again are not the idiots in charge on the Hill... it is with those that continue to elect them. Thinking they care or will do anything substantial in their interests.  That is the problem America has... it isn't the politicians.. it is the electorate.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
doompaul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2017 at 15:29

First of all: congratulations to the American people. I feel very relieved for you all.

Now, I wonder how Donald Trump, the man who never, ever admits to failures of any kind, will publically react; meaning who's he going to blame the most: the republicans? The democrats? The house? Sean Spicer? The unfair media? The American people? The French or Canadian secret service? Melania? The maitre d' at Mar-a-Lago? The possibilities are endless. I can't wait for the barrage of tweets.

If I make the impression that I'm gloating, the reason is probably that I am.
gloat away. I am still hanging my head in shame that any of this actually came to pass.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2017 at 19:49
hah... shame...  I"m still in the shock and denial stage. Like Hillary probably still is LOL
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2017 at 19:55
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

Originally posted by progaardvark progaardvark wrote:

What's wrong with these republican voters?

Mental illness.

bravo!!!

you can excuse the politicians...  they have proven time and time again they don't care about the common man dude. Hey don't blame them for sh*tting on  their constiuants. They have NEVER been held accountable by them.  Oh they throw them red meat.. and scare them stupid..but what is the practical definition of insanity...

doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

the problem again are not the idiots in charge on the Hill... it is with those that continue to elect them. Thinking they care or will do anything substantial in their interests.  That is the problem America has... it isn't the politicians.. it is the electorate.

as an addendum to that... and my point...

Roughly as many Republican voters said their members vote on the bill “won’t matter much” in their choice at the ballot box, 41 percent, as said it would make them more likely to support their member, 43 percent.

that is the problem..... even when such a bill hurts them much more than those like me, like many of us, that are unaffected by this sh*t.. but seem to care more for their own well-being.

you know... the greater good...

than they do themselves..

thus the problem. and the post correction. the problem isn't the policians.. again.. it is the ignorant, uninformed people that support them. Why should they care.. when the people that elected them don't even care.  The hell of it is those politicans know the score..the game.. and how it is played.. and hold them in as much contempt as those like us do.  You toss them a bone.. throw a bill to protect their bathroom experiences... make non-whites the boogymen...  and all the while making the rich richer and dong nothing tangible to improve their supporters lives.

HackettFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2017 at 21:07
So this is what it's like to have a business man in office.
A curse upon the heads of those who seek their fortunes in a lie. The truth is always waiting when there's nothing left to try. - Colin Henson, Jade Warrior (Now)
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2017 at 21:21
Originally posted by HackettFan HackettFan wrote:

So this is what it's like to have a business man in office.

LOL yeah.... heard that many times... but he was such a great business man.  COMPLETELY DIFFERENT but Trump voter wouldn't have known.... they wanted change.. forget what the real problem was. For they reelected those fools...

case in point... of that difference

Donald Trump had heard enough about policy and process. It was Thursday afternoon and members of the House Freedom Caucus were peppering the president with wonkish concerns about the American Health Care Act—the language that would leave Obamacare’s “essential health benefits” in place, the community rating provision that limited what insurers could charge certain patients, and whether the next two steps of Speaker Paul Ryan’s master plan were even feasible—when Trump decided to cut them off.

"Forget about the little sh*t," Trump said, according to multiple sources in the room. "Let's focus on the big picture here."

Trump wanted to emphasize the political ramifications of the bill's defeat; specifically, he said, it would derail his first-term agenda and imperil his prospects for reelection in 2020.

The little sh*t? We’re talking about one-fifth of our economy," a member said afterward.

Why did Trump fail in his alter-ego as the great 'closer'? The answer, to Republicans on both ends of Pennsylvania Avenue, is obvious: Because he lacked familiarity with the legislation itself. “Trump is a business executive. When he tells his lieutenants to get something done, he's used to it getting done,” one senior House GOP aide said.“He’s really not used to getting involved himself.”

and that my friends is what we are stuck with.. what Trump voter gave us.. is again.. the problem when half the electorate does not THINK before it votes. He wants to be a CEO of America.. ahhh.. that was not the job description.. not what this country needs. It isn't a f**king business.. never has been... never will be.

Edited by micky - March 24 2017 at 21:23
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2017 at 02:01

Edited by Sean Trane - March 25 2017 at 02:01
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2017 at 02:03
he's breaking his toys very fast and his first car crash imminent Big smile
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2017 at 02:25
Now that it seems that Donald Trump has now lost a substantial amount of his presidential power, the respect and support of his own party, his reputation as a forceful businessman, and a large amount of public support, I ask myself what's going to happen now.

My question is not even taking into account the looming FBI investigation into the Russian ties, even though new developments seem to be just around the corner.

Who is now actually in charge of- and running the country, and where will things be going from here?

Edited by npjnpj - March 25 2017 at 02:26
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2017 at 02:55
To change the subject: Devin Nunes and his action concerning his informing the White House.

Whenever I've seen him in news reports the last few days, I have the impression that he's deadly afraid of something. Look at his facial expressions and the body language. He seems to be just on the verge of breaking into a cold sweat of fear. Normally I would associate such behaviour with that of a man being deadly afraid for the wellbeing of his family or something along those lines; under some sort of duress, at least.

I'm pretty certain that someone is holding some sort of sword above his head.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2017 at 07:46

Now that it seems that Donald Trump has now lost a substantial amount of his presidential power, the respect and support of his own party, his reputation as a forceful businessman, and a large amount of public support, I ask myself what's going to happen now.

My question is not even taking into account the looming FBI investigation into the Russian ties, even though new developments seem to be just around the corner.

Who is now actually in charge of- and running the country, and where will things be going from here?

huh?  No such things.

He lost a battle, and will attempt to push blame elsewhere. Not that it is all his... but he has shown himself to be incapable of admitting any kind of error

It is where he goes from here that will determine .. over 4 very long years.. if he loses power, respect and support among his supporters.  Perhaps he learns.. perhaps he grows into the office of President. I wouldn't' hold my breath, Tiger's just don't change their stripes and most certainly not overnight and what he has exibiliited is not purely politics.. but a reflection of his personality and the multitude of disorders that should have never been overlooked by the electorate.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2017 at 08:08
obviously the thread has gone the way of Trump punching bag... entertaining for sure.. but not exactly accurate nor the epicenter of American politics of 2017. Let's not forget there are greater and more important things at play here.

The healthcare debacle was not really about Trump. Oh sure his ego surely took a large hit.. but his life will go on. In his mind it was the fault of others, not his that he couldn't swoop in and seal the deal and deliver victory. The why he couldn't is what is most important.

The civil war (ideological war/purge) within the GOP which has been going on for years as if anyone has forgotten. Compounded by 10 years of being an opposition party, who didn't have to lead. To govern but merely oppose and throw bombs. Now the crux of leading, and governing are all theirs.  Health care illustrated the difficulties they will have in implementing anything on their own... the arch conservatives.. and the moderates (23 of whom are from districts that voted Clinton).  Due to the razor thin congressional minorities.. alienate one.. and the ship is sunk.  Since compromise has cost congressional leaders their jobs in the ideological pure.. Democrats are the enemy reality of the Republican party today. .don't expect compromise with the Democrats unless there is no choice.

In short.. means a whole lot of nothing could be coming out of Washington in the next 2 years. Perhaps things might start to happen if the House flips in 2018 and the GOP is forced to work with the Democrats. We shall see.

Edited by micky - March 25 2017 at 08:13
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2017 at 08:22
Republicans have been basing their appeal on this sort of middle class rebelliousness as in 'screw the rules, I want to do what I want'.
This attitude has come back to affect their ability to establish leadership within their own party, or among their supposed supporters.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2017 at 09:47
ummm....  I think you are up a bit too high on the social-economic scale. Middle classers (suburbia) is and been gravitating hard to the Democrats. You know.. real issues..real leadership... real solutions..

not merely ideological litmus tests, obstruction and pandering to people's fears. Which works for those who... umm... politically ignorant, unthinking, and slaves to partisanship and less than 'fair and balanced' media outlets that just feed upon their fear and ignorance.

As I've often said.. what hte GOP has done is shear political brilliance ... hoodwinked an entire social-economic strata into voting against their own self interests.

Why did the South go from blue to red John? It wasn't ecomomics... it was social issues. Compound that today in which Democrats and minorities are only a step below the radical Islam terrorists in their threat to America and its shining way of life hahah

bah....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 434>