Originally posted by Snicolette Snicolette wrote:

Would that it were that simple, Lewian!

Huh? 
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 17:16
^ You have to read the post right above her's to understand what she is referring to.
Help the victims of the russian invasion:
http://www.jazzmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28523&PID=130446&title=various-ways-you-can-help-ukraine#130446
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 18:01
Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

^ You have to read the post right above her's to understand what she is referring to.
Oh, another one slipped in while I was posting it.  Thanks!

"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 18:16
Maybe I'm just too sleepy today. :P 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - June 04 2020 at 18:24
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 18:19
I took a nap!  Big smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 18:37

I did it read it. He was talking about drinking lattes but I get the feeling Nicole was drinking something other than lattes. TongueWink
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 18:48
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

I did it read it. He was talking about drinking lattes but I get the feeling Nicole was drinking something other than lattes. TongueWink
  I was just saying it's too bad the answers aren't as easy as stopping drinking lattes.  It's still WAY too early for my nightly miracle, where I turn water into wine, lol! LOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 18:56

I was just saying it's too bad the answers aren't as easy as stopping drinking lattes.  It's still WAY too early for my nightly miracle, where I turn water into wine, lol! LOL

I'm glad you understood it. I thought maybe you thought you were at the ren faire. LOL
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 18:57

you probably didn't drink lattes but late teas (with rum) Wink

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 19:04
A few moments of comic relief!  LOL
King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 19:45
LOLLOL
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2020 at 01:57
Seeing those ominous armed troops without insignia or identification, deployed by William Barr and Donald Trump in DC, what I predicted about 3 years ago here on this site has finally arrived: Trump's private army is now present and ready to shoot unarmed protesters exercising their amendment rights. They suddenly appeared out of nowhere and now are a presence on the streets of DC. This is scary as hell.

To me it looks as if the private fascist army is now a force to be feared by right minded and law abiding American citizens.

Third Reich, pure and simple.

Edited by npjnpj - June 05 2020 at 02:06
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2020 at 02:54
Originally posted by npjnpj npjnpj wrote:

Seeing those ominous armed troops without insignia or identification, deployed by William Barr and Donald Trump in DC, what I predicted about 3 years ago here on this site has finally arrived: Trump's private army is now present and ready to shoot unarmed protesters exercising their amendment rights. They suddenly appeared out of nowhere and now are a presence on the streets of DC. This is scary as hell.

To me it looks as if the private fascist army is now a force to be feared by right minded and law abiding American citizens.

Third Reich, pure and simple.

Basically, we have moved from In The Flesh reprise to Waiting For the Worms.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2020 at 03:50
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

^ My grandson works in an office in Newark, NJ. He's working form home but said there has been no looting or violence with the protests there. I suppose having a racially mixed police force in that city has helped. Historically, no targeting of blacks have taken place, as far as I know. Now imagine that?

Sadly Newark has had notorious racial problems and bad police for decades.   Maybe that's changed but I doubt it.   You would think a mixed police department would make a difference but, as with the election of a black man to the presidency, it's not so simple.

Oh ye of little faith. In the 60s through the to 80s, Newark did have racial tensions and rioting, especially in the 60s, naturally. But with having black mayors and council members and replacing retiring cops with people of black and brown color, since the 90s, the problems have cleared up. It's only on this level that change can be effected. Not by simply having a black President. What good is a healthy head when the rest of the body is decayed? Many things in this world are complicated, David, but it is  that simple.

Edited by SteveG - June 05 2020 at 03:52
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2020 at 03:55

Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

^ My grandson works in an office in Newark, NJ. He's working form home but said there has been no looting or violence with the protests there. I suppose having a racially mixed police force in that city has helped. Historically, no targeting of blacks have taken place, as far as I know. Now imagine that?

Sadly Newark has had notorious racial problems and bad police for decades.   Maybe that's changed but I doubt it.   You would think a mixed police department would make a difference but, as with the election of a black man to the presidency, it's not so simple.

Oh ye of little faith. In the 60s through the to 80s, Newark did have racial tensions and rioting, especially in the 60s, naturally. But with having black mayors and council members and replacing retiring cops with people of black and brown color, since the 90s, the problems have cleared up. It's only on this level that change can be effected. Not by simply having a black President. What good is a healthy head when the rest of the body is decayed? Many things in this world are complicated, David, but it is  that simple.

In fact, I read an article by an Arab American who moved from Newark where he had grown up to Brooklyn only to move back because the police was constantly called on him in Brooklyn (in his telling anyway) whereas Newark was like home to him.  Let me see if I can find it.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2020 at 09:05
saw this.. and pretty much fouled my monitor beyond repair..

The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2020 at 09:09
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

will be curious to see how Utah/Idaho plays in November..  

ouch..... he is in BIG trouble...

the over/under for Biden futures has now shot well beyond 400... ie this is looking like a 8pm EST kind of election night.. not much suspence other than the final score.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2020 at 09:26
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

saw this.. and pretty much fouled my monitor beyond repair..

Oh, yeah...that's a great way to get racist whites over to your side. Confused
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2020 at 09:48
^ yeah.. perhaps offering cookies, flowers and pleas to their basic humanity would do that instead

and a squiggly face back at ya  ConfusedLOL

Edited by micky - June 05 2020 at 09:48
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2020 at 10:12

^ Yes indeed Micky, thats exactly what i am saying. He had to win first so that he could totally fail in front of everyone.
Shouting discouragement from the sidelines is more his style and his popularity would have grown, but forced to lead ruined him and it is going to rip the repubs in half. the damage will be significant.

I'm looking forward to seeing which repubs start to jump ship first.

it will be the Senate if anyone does.. once they finally realize.. and it will have to be soon to have any hope of saving their asses .. that isn't just Trump that is f**ked come November.. but them. They might jump ship for Trump is likely taking the Senate down with him as well... and that is what will really hurt. Polls like we are seeing now are loud alarms going off on Capitol Hill right now.. 

then again.. what can they do...  that is the big problem the Republican Party has as I've explained many times over the years. In order to moderate .which they will need to do to survive in the years to come in a changing America.. in this election.. they will have to disavow their very core support.

that is why the Republican Party has known for a decade or more that is was dead man walking ... California.. on a national scale.. it knew why it lost that state.. why it was soon to lose Texas for the same exact reasons.. but simply was unable to change.. to moderate.. or in stark terms.. 

move leftward...

and again.. when Trump goes.. the problem facing them does not.  Trump did NOT create Trump voter..  Trump voter created Trump.. and even after he is locked away by the FBI after leaving office .. those voters remain.. and will determine republican candidates in the next election cycles.

they'll have to blow up the whole party to change.. and by then.. they will have likely lost women, the suburbs and hispanics to the degree they lost blacks.. and Democrats lost white undereducated blue collar voters.

once a party loses a demographic..  they don't come back immediately...  they lose them for decades... many decades.

Edited by micky - June 05 2020 at 10:14
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 241242243244245 434>