Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe American Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6162636465 434>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2018 at 16:34
So that's one of the arguments, you're tired of politicians and Hillary is a politician so she's a bad choice? No matter how bad the politicians are doing, thinking that you're better off having an actual non-politician in a political position is just stupid. They may be rich elites but but at least they know very well what they're doing, and being a politician is stopping them from taking on the much more morally depleted position of a high-level businessperson.
I also still don't understand what really bad mistakes she's made to be so unpopular.
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2018 at 16:37
Everybody knows that wealthy business men never tell lies.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2018 at 16:42
Here is a list of many of the lies told by the number one politician in the US, D Trump:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/4834/trumps-101-lies-hank-berrien

Edited by Easy Money - June 28 2018 at 16:46
IVNORD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2018 at 19:36
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

But that is Hillary's fault he was elected, 
I'd say 8 years of Obama played a big role in that too.

I too am starting to think that Trump will get re-elected......He has built a very strong argument to try it again, 
It remains to be seen. He may screw up with his tax reform and trade wars big time.
IVNORD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2018 at 19:39

Originally posted by progaardvark progaardvark wrote:

^You really do live in a bubble, don't you?

So you believe Hillary made no mistakes? And that the Russians caused her to lose the election? You believe Facebook and Twitter and Youtube made people vote for Trump?

Do you expect an honest answer to your questions? LOLLOL
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2018 at 20:24
Originally posted by twseel twseel wrote:

So that's one of the arguments, you're tired of politicians and Hillary is a politician so she's a bad choice? No matter how bad the politicians are doing, thinking that you're better off having an actual non-politician in a political position is just stupid. They may be rich elites but but at least they know very well what they're doing, and being a politician is stopping them from taking on the much more morally depleted position of a high-level businessperson.
I also still don't understand what really bad mistakes she's made to be so unpopular.

emails man, emails 

also, shes a woman, which is obviously a big no-no. 

some snark aside, I've often felt this about the way Nancy Pelosi too. So much vitriol spewed about her, you can almost see the hate leech out of the eyeballs...now being the former speaker of the house this makes a little more sense to me...but still... 

Grandmas strike fear in the hearts of true men. *zen smiley* 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
austrianprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2018 at 00:08
And don't forget Pizzagate! She was involved in that! The mainstream media don't want to talk about it! So sad!

Honestly, I'm not an American and currently busy being angry about our own right-wing government, but things like that are just bizarre.
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2018 at 05:18

^You really do live in a bubble, don't you?

So you believe Hillary made no mistakes?

Never said that. But compared to Trump, you've got to be kidding, right?

And that the Russians caused her to lose the election?

What you forget is that she had more of the popular vote than Trump and only lost by 77,000 people in three states. This was by no means the landslide many of his supporters imply. We could easily blame this on Comey, a possible violation of the Hatch Act, but it's a lot more complicated than that.

The Russian meddling is a real issue here with multiple intelligence agencies concluding as such. We'll have to be patient with the Mueller investigation. I refer you to The Dark Elf's earlier postings on that.

You believe Facebook and Twitter and Youtube made people vote for Trump?

Absolutely. Trump supporters are really that stupid. All you need to do is read what they post and share on social media. There are even people studying this phenomena.* You also forgot InfoWars, Breitbart and Fox News, among others.

*See: https://arxiv.org/abs/1802.04291

----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2018 at 09:19

Dude read what you wrote....

The country is tired of politicians, yes.
Hillary was a bad choice because she was simply, a bad choice.

You are fine with electing a bad politician????? ConfusedConfusedConfused
Rich elite politicians? How on earth do they become rich elites in the political pay scale???? They became rich with insider trader information using govt knowledge? LOLLOL
Dude, there are tons of politicians who are morally depleted also. Like husbands who cheat on their wife's that are suffering with brain cancer, that lie on TV about affairs and blue dresses that happened in the WHITE HOUSE!!! Are you kidding me......

Someone else can explain to you why she may be unpopular, I've never liked her or Bill from their Arkansas days so I am biased.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2018 at 09:35
^ You can compare Trump to Clinton or the devil himself and it won't change who Trump is, a sleazy dishonest crude immoral pig, and yes, since he holds political office and has run for that office at least three times or more, he is most definitely a politician. Before that he was just a sleazy lying immoral filthy rich ultra-elite business man.

Definition of politician:
A person who is professionally involved in politics, especially as a holder of an elected office.

Edited by Easy Money - June 29 2018 at 09:47
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2018 at 10:00
Originally posted by IVNORD IVNORD wrote:

But that is Hillary's fault he was elected, 
I'd say 8 years of Obama played a big role in that too.

I too am starting to think that Trump will get re-elected......He has built a very strong argument to try it again, 
It remains to be seen. He may screw up with his tax reform and trade wars big time.

Agree on both......Trade wars is a hyped issue. Trade issues are used to get countries to talk and renegotiate. It's the duties that need to be paid attention to that make the product coming into the US competitive with our own internal production. US collects the duty based on the value on the import documents, it is designed to make a level playing field. The US is the largest market in the world, every country wants to sell here, the US has the upper hand and we pay our bills...Cash flow baby!

People think we are f***ing Canada, we are not. They have been winning that war for decades with sectors like Lumber, Poultry and Eggs. The Lumber dispute has been going on since the 80's, Canada sending lumber here well under market prices. Then Canada's tariffs on eggs and dairy, well over 200% in some cases if we send those products north.

On the flip side I have talked to people across the pond, if they are looking at spending $70K on a Harley Davidson bike, a $2K duty is not going to block that purchase, nor are people going to stop drinking Tenn Bourbon.....These are just nudges to get people to the negotiating table, and who better to have there than Trumpy LOL
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2018 at 10:06
Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

^ You can compare Trump to Clinton or the devil himself and it won't change who Trump is, a sleazy dishonest crude immoral pig, and yes, since he holds political office and has run for that office at least three times or more, he is most definitely a politician. Before that he was just a sleazy lying immoral filthy rich ultra-elite business man.

A person who is professionally involved in politics, especially as a holder of an elected office.

I'm not comparing Trump to Clinton or the devil. Did you read what I wrote? I defended Hillary saying she is not the devil.
All your descriptors about Trump are the same descriptors of the Clinton gang, so we agree to agree.....I'm good.
Thanks Champ!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2018 at 10:14

Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

I'm not comparing Trump to Clinton or the devil. Did you read what I wrote? I defended Hillary saying she is not the devil.
All your descriptors about Trump are the same descriptors of the Clinton gang, so we agree to agree.....I'm good.
Thanks Champ!

No, we don't agree. You voted for that sleaze bag, and I didn't vote for him, or Clinton for that matter.

Edited by Easy Money - June 29 2018 at 10:25
IVNORD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2018 at 11:11

What you forget is that she had more of the popular vote than Trump 

What you forget is that she had more of the popular vote of those who cared to get out there and vote. Lots of people in blue states consistently stay home because of the predictability of the outcome. But why do you think the Democrats don't want to get rid of the electoral college then? What if all those people did go to the polling stations and did vote? Are you sure Hillary would get the popular vote?
IVNORD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2018 at 11:23

The Lumber dispute has been going on since the 80's, Canada sending lumber here well under market prices. Then Canada's tariffs on eggs and dairy,

It's ok to hike tariffs when a state like Canada or the developed European countries subsidize their trade. It's done periodically and it works most of the time. But fighting China is a tough proposition as their labor costs can't be compared with ours. I don't think you would like to pay $50 for a plain mug made in the USA.

On the flip side I have talked to people across the pond, if they are looking at spending $70K on a Harley Davidson bike, a $2K duty is not going to block that purchase, nor are people going to stop drinking Tenn Bourbon.....These are just nudges to get people to the negotiating table, and who better to have there than Trumpy LOL
Harley bikes are the tip of the iceberg. If it continues like that nobody knows where it will stop. I wouldn't have such trust in Trump's negotiating abilities. I remeber him saying some fairly dumb things on international trade years ago, not sure he changed his views since 
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2018 at 12:14

Dude read what you wrote....

The country is tired of politicians, yes.
Hillary was a bad choice because she was simply, a bad choice.

You are fine with electing a bad politician????? ConfusedConfusedConfused
Rich elite politicians? How on earth do they become rich elites in the political pay scale???? They became rich with insider trader information using govt knowledge? LOLLOL
Dude, there are tons of politicians who are morally depleted also. Like husbands who cheat on their wife's that are suffering with brain cancer, that lie on TV about affairs and blue dresses that happened in the WHITE HOUSE!!! Are you kidding me......

Someone else can explain to you why she may be unpopular, I've never liked her or Bill from their Arkansas days so I am biased.
Dude read what I wrote....
And read Easy Money's definition of a politician. Being a politician on a national level is a high paying job with many high class people (in terms of wealth and income) because it takes many hours, comes with very high responsibility and pressure and requires a high level of experience and expertise. Often the experience and expertise allows them to do business successfully outside of politics as well. An affair can happen, blame the guy for it, but it doesn't say that much about how well they can lead a country...
IVNORD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2018 at 12:37

Being a politician on a national level is a high paying job 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salaries_of_members_of_the_United_States_Congress

I seriously doubt if someone living in DC can become a multi-millionaire receiving a $174K salary.

Edited by IVNORD - June 29 2018 at 12:38
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2018 at 12:57
The thing is, whenever a politician cuts a deal with a company that shows no compassion and eventually even makes them some dirty money, the politicians are quickly disqualified, while the businessmen on the other side of the deal have equal share in it and do that kind of stuff systematically with no shame. I definitely don't think it's at all okay for a politician to do that, but why would you trust a businessman more with that? Probably because they never have to pick a side in any bigger issues I guess. It's also always a cure for shady business if you just pay your officials well, so that they won't be so easily quasi-bribed by the much higher checks of big businesses (or just get a better hold on the businesses).
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2018 at 15:13
Originally posted by austrianprogfan austrianprogfan wrote:

And don't forget Pizzagate! She was involved in that! The mainstream media don't want to talk about it! So sad!

Image result for pizza rat images

Funny, I never think about Pizzagate when I think of Hillary, but I do think about Pizza Rat when I think about Trump.

Edited by SteveG - June 29 2018 at 15:17
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2018 at 06:06
Originally posted by IVNORD IVNORD wrote:

What you forget is that she had more of the popular vote than Trump 

What you forget is that she had more of the popular vote of those who cared to get out there and vote. Lots of people in blue states consistently stay home because of the predictability of the outcome. But why do you think the Democrats don't want to get rid of the electoral college then? What if all those people did go to the polling stations and did vote? Are you sure Hillary would get the popular vote?

Actually, surveys have shown that the Democrats have leaned towards wanting the popular vote to determine the election of a president for the past 18 years. That won't happen because amending the Constitution is very difficult. Republicans also leaned toward that during the Obama years, but they changed their views on this after the 2016 election. 

Of registered voters, 48% are registered Democrat, 44% are registered Republican, so no, there is no way to be certain that Clinton would have gotten the popular vote if everyone that was registered did so. But what I was originally trying to point out in my post was that the election was much closer than Trump supporters think it was (facts are not something they necessarily believe in).

As an aside note: I think most of us can agree that voter turnout should increase if the winner was decided on the popular vote, whether you're a Republican living in Philadelphia or a Democrat living in rural Utah, provided you actually had a pool of good candidates to pick from.

----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6162636465 434>