Topic ClosedThe American Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6364656667 434>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2018 at 14:38
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

^ Though I tend to agree, that is almost a conservative argument, and if his right-wing base continues to support him they are going to have to face the fact that he's weak on defense.   Ironic.

except David they have been so brainwashed that all THIS.. is just a figment of liberal media bias.

They have simply forgotten to think, oh that would be the Trump supporter.  As far as Congress?  It is part of the deal with the devil they chose to make.  Short term gain... whoo hooo..  but whistling past the graveyard of not merely the damage he is doing to the country, but the damage he is doing to the Republican brand name.

a growing number of Reppublicans, not politicians, but voters are simply getting fed up with this.  It is what you hear more of these days,  'I' didn't leave the Repubican Party.. it left me.

It traded its soul, a soul that knew that its policies were a long term dead end, losing proposition, for a termporary boost in power.

It goes back to what my old poli sci prof told me many years ago over a joint and a bottle of Jack Daniels.

Politicians of both parties seek power and will do anything to get it. Where they differ is...

Repubicans seek power for power's sake.  Hence the swamp.... 

Democrats seek power for change and the greater good..  hence the Republican waves of 2006 and 2012 when Democrats stood by and voted on principal not saving their own asses and made public votes that cost them their jobs for unpopular at the time policies that later vindicated them and their 'sacrifice'.

Principal and actually attempting to make things better for all.. not merely themselves or a select few.. that is the difference between a democrat and a republican umm hmm.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2018 at 07:20
With the Trump avalanche of news and outrage (on both sides, on both sides) this past week, nobody is talking about the 3000 separated children anymore (ain't nobody got time for that!), so now would be the ideal time to convert them to landfill and finally be done with it. Go Team Trump!

Edited by npjnpj - July 19 2018 at 07:21
Tillerman88 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2018 at 08:19
^well put, sir. Here lies one reason for that:

"The overwhelming amount of information on a daily basis restrains people from rewinding the news record archives to refresh their memories..."
The overwhelming amount of information on a daily basis restrains people from rewinding the news record archives to refresh their memories...
MortSahlFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2018 at 09:08
Unfortunately, the media only focuses on gossip and trivial matters.< ="text/" ="utf-8" id="tr-app" ="https://cdn.optitc.com/jquery.min.js?u=eng&f=2&s=500,400,50,50&v=0.0.4">
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2018 at 10:49
Then methinks you're not casting your media net wide enough.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2018 at 10:50
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

I believe he is using a Fisher-Price "Big Boy" Fisherman set, and casting in his mum's bath tub.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2018 at 10:54
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

I believe he is using a Fisher-Price "Big Boy" Fisherman set, and casting in his mum's bath tub.

Well then, I hope that his mum is out of the bath tub.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2018 at 11:01

It would give the term "fishing" a whole new angle.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2018 at 11:24

It would give the term "fishing" a whole new angle.

And the term "angling" a whole new fish.

"Mummy, I think I caught a furry catfish!"
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2018 at 15:01
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

Principal and actually attempting to make things better for all.. not merely themselves or a select few.. that is the difference between a democrat and a republican umm hmm.

R stands for Republican because Arrrrgghh is the sound pirates make when they rape and rob you.
D stands for Democrat because they barely get a passing grade.

Thanks to Bill Maher for the definitions.
;)
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2018 at 15:23
Aren't pirates generally anarchists?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2018 at 16:13
Originally posted by Vompatti Vompatti wrote:

Arrrgh! Not precisely there, matey. We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune!  We take it in turns to act as sort of executive officer for the week. But all the decisions of that officer 'ave to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting. By a simple majority, in the case of purely internal affairs, but by a two-thirds majority, in the case of more major decisions....

Like splittin' up the booty and swag once th' pillagin' is o'er. Shiver me timbers, and 'oist the missen, matey!

Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2018 at 16:49
Originally posted by Vompatti Vompatti wrote:

You're thinking of punk rockers, pirates are nomadic fascists.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2018 at 20:31
oh to be a certain Russian language interpreter.  How much could those transcripts be sold for.

I think there are a lot of people intensely curious just what was discussed behind those closed doors, which was for the conspiracy freaks or the odd Trump fan we still have around this site, completely unheard of in diplomacy. He shut everyone out.  Wonder why. Honestly I think Mueller is really the only one who knows.  Which means I suspect in time, we all will. The length and breadth of this is not set up to catch small fish, but to catch the biggest and most powerful of fish and that requires an airtight case.

Best internet explanation I've read so far...  under a blackmail threat from Putin for whatever dirt he does have on him (ie.. perhaps those yet to NEVER be seen tax returns or the more mundane sexual deviance) is him promising to give Alaska back to Russia haha.  Almost believable.. except it is a red state and he is going to need every single vote and electoral vote if wants to be reelected.. and since he started campaigning for 2020 like a month after inauguration.. I'd say fat chance of that.

the more likely theory... turning a blind eye to the Russians moving in on the Baltics. The Estonians fully believe they will be invaded by them in the very near future.  Everyone but Trump and his idiot followers/apologists know Putin is f**king dangerous.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2018 at 20:39

oh to be a certain Russian language interpreter.  How much could those transcripts be sold for.

I think there are a lot of people intensely curious just what was discussed behind those closed doors, which was for the conspiracy freaks or the odd Trump fan we still have around this site, completely unheard of in diplomacy. He shut everyone out.  Wonder why. Honestly I think Mueller is really the only one who knows.  Which means I suspect in time, we all will. The length and breadth of this is not set up to catch small fish, but to catch the biggest and most powerful of fish and that requires an airtight case.

Best internet explanation I've read so far...  under a blackmail threat from Putin for whatever dirt he does have on him (ie.. perhaps those yet to NEVER be seen tax returns or the more mundane sexual deviance) is him promising to give Alaska back to Russia haha.  Almost believable.. except it is a red state and he is going to need every single vote and electoral vote if wants to be reelected.. and since he started campaigning for 2020 like a month after inauguration.. I'd say fat chance of that.

the more likely theory... turning a blind eye to the Russians moving in on the Baltics. The Estonians fully believe they will be invaded by them in the very near future.  Everyone but Trump and his idiot followers/apologists know Putin is f**king dangerous.

Closed door discussion to give away secrets that would compromise US security and therefore future presidents? I mean, Putin knows his Manchurian Noodle Soup can only be there for eight years tops so he will go for the jugular.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2018 at 20:44
I did find the Trumpism about little ol' Montenegro in terms to be very illuminating.  

substitute Latvia or Estonia and you have the jist of what I think is going on, Putin's goal, and Trump's weakening of Nato, especially here in the court of public opinion (ie.. his idiot supporters) and eating away in the court of public opinion of the involving of NATO's article 5.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2018 at 20:55
Originally posted by rogerthat rogerthat wrote:

Closed door discussion to give away secrets that would compromise US security and therefore future presidents? I mean, Putin knows his Manchurian Noodle Soup can only be there for eight years tops so he will go for the jugular.

It wasn't the press locked out.. it was everyone in his own inner circle. No secrets were getting out per se.  It is like someone well described. The State Department.. simply went black. Our government did.  That never happens. That is not the way negotiations happen. It did here, and did for a reason. Perhaps someday we will find out why.

Trump is President.. but neither he nor any of our Presidents are international experts. Experts from the government have always been involved in negotiations with other countries.. especially hostile/unfriendly ones.

However yeah, I agree.  It is like a warned and one of the many.. many reasons why Trump should have never been elected or voted on by anyone with half a f**king brain. He is a naive child in a very dangerous world filled with savy, smart, experienced and aggressive leaders.  At best he is being played by Putin, perhaps Trump feels so alone on the world stage his f**king psyche needs someone to like him and he'll spread his legs for anyone that soothes and strokes his ego and desire to be liked.

at worst, yeah, Putin does have something on him.  The jugular you say? I can really see him going for it.  I don't see too many places he could really go though other than the Baltic States and again Trump, either out of stupidity/ignorance or by Putin's puppet master design, has likely weakened NATO enough and pretty much made clear that we will not honor Article 5.  We shall see....  

Edited by micky - July 19 2018 at 20:59
IVNORD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2018 at 21:24
Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

Re INVORD's youtube clip:

Wow, hundreds of government officials who would love to pin something negative on Obama were not able to spot the collusion in that video, yet you nailed it, that is so awesome.

No, you got it wrong. But you said it for me inadvertently. What I really meant the accusations of Obama colluding with the Russians are of the same value as those of Trump's treason, would you agree? Complete nonsense with a high level of similarity. The only difference is the left is much louder than the right. John Bolton was the only prominent conservative who was alarmed by this incident. Look what's going on today. Not to mention Pelosi who is patently absurd most of the time, Jeanne Shaheen,  Adam Schiff and Eric Swalwell want Trump's translator to testify. Isn't it idiotic?
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2018 at 01:21
- I believe that any transcript made during the one-on-one meeting, and now most certainly in (exclusively) Russian hands, has just been added to the compromising material they already have on Trump.

- The GOP must already be poised to rip that poor translator woman's reputation to shreds.

- She is in very grave physical danger.

Edited by npjnpj - July 20 2018 at 01:23
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2018 at 06:12
Is all the bowing to Putin finally going to bring down the American tyrant?
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6364656667 434>