Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe American Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8586878889 434>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2018 at 07:42
^ Absolutely! The economy works in a time warp. Trump has done nothing of consequence until just now and he's claiming that his mere miraculous presence on the oval office has made all the difference for the last year and a half. And his magical hair!
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2018 at 07:47
@micky. What do think of the GOP calling us a violent mob? Like we're the new version of the weather underground.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2018 at 07:52
I'm no economist of course but like those that are.. I don't see how this trade war ends well. It might benefit a (politically intended) few in his constituency..  but as a whole.. including a whole other (and larger) aspect of his constituency it is likely to really hurt and one of the things economists across the board agree on.. trade wars are not something that are easily stepped back from.  Once set in motion... the inertia of them is pretty much irresistible and impossible to reset to pre trade war levels.

Which is why so many feared this..  it is a global economy...  like demographic and cultural change here.. nothing this President or any country is going to change. 
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2018 at 08:07
^ Yeah but Trump's getting economic advise from Kanye now. No worries.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2018 at 08:21
hahahah.  It is indeed the surrealistic Presidency... I'll give him for full credit for that.  It has been an experience. Like a good acid trip.  A complete break from the expectations of perceived reality where Presidents act like Presidents. The future generations will merely read of these years and say to themselves.. WTF!!!  but we Steve..  we can say we experienced the Trump years.  I really do pity the next President who has to follow Trump and return respect for the office, personal decorum, and ....well bring boring back to the White House hahah. 

The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2018 at 08:31

yeah, but we got to find someone who will make boring sexy. How about Michele?

Edited by SteveG - October 13 2018 at 08:37
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2018 at 09:10
nahh.. too petite and far too classy... like the song goes my friend.. 

my inchworm don't want none unless you got Hillaryesque buns hon...

I do look forward to the day, and it is coming when old whitey man is made politically inconsequential and we can stop measuring candidates on 'oh yeah.. I'd have a beer with him' and start with 'oh yeah.. I'd hit that ass'

while Warren is my girl...  I'd need to pop a pill to get up for that.. but Kamala Harris.. oh yeah.. I'd be all over that
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2018 at 09:30
Originally posted by omphaloskepsis omphaloskepsis wrote:

Trump lowered my families taxes a few thousand a year.

I am always amazed at how some Trump-fluffers are so cheaply bought. And without even a kiss goodbye from the John come morning. Your negligible tax cut is being eaten away by higher medical care premiums, gas prices, inflation and rising costs due to Trump's absurd tariffs (they also proved detrimental to Herbert Hoover, but who reads history? Certainly not Trump and his 5th grade-level skills). 

The thing is, the tax cut swindle has really done nothing for the economy except for mega-corporations buying back stocks at a record level ($178 billion in the first 3 months of 2018 alone), which artificially inflates the stock market. The economy was actually doing fine without any tax cuts at all. If you'd check the record, Obama's administration had 75 consecutive months of job growth, a presidential record. 

Meanwhile, as billionaires like Betsy DeVos are buying fleets of super-yachts, the actual income of a middle-class worker is stagnating at 1974 levels. That's right, your dad had as much spending power and longer sideburns back in 1974 than you do now. While corporations and the 1% are stockpiling cash, they are certainly not sharing that horde with workers. The dribbles of wage growth are not commensurate with the massive profits billionaires are reeling. It is not even an arguable point. Stagnation of wages has gone hand in hand with ever mounting inflation and the dramatic increases in the cost of housing.

So enjoy your pennies while you can count them. Perhaps you are not near retirement age, but Trump and his feckless minions want to eliminate Social Security as we know it...because, after all, the rich deserve another tax cut. Bend over and smile. Perhaps they'll throw you a dollar or two at the point of entry, but you'll have to use your own towel to wipe up after them.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2018 at 09:59
^ well said Greg.

Counting the days till 2021.. and the war stops upon Democrats and immigrants.. and begins against the real enemy of America.

Corporate America...  

American perhaps after 3 decades of failed Republican economic theory and the destruction of the middle class and economic enslavement of the lower classes will finally shift gears and try something else other than the failed (under Reagan/Bush Classic. Bush Light, and sure to fail Toddler in Chief) regurgitations of supply side, trickle down economics that throw crumbs at us while making the very rich all the richer.

It is like I said.. if the Democratic party pulls that card, the economic card  instead of the ID card/politics, they will create a political monster with the ID politics/demographic changes already cooked into the meal. It is why I have been calling it the upcoming Warren Revolution.. if she makes it and things play out and they are likely to... it will be similar to what Reagan did and establish a decade or more of control of this country.

It is a win waiting to be won..  only question is if the party, its leaders and its voters are smart enough to play it....

Warren is...  the others? We shall see...

Edited by micky - October 13 2018 at 09:59
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2018 at 11:10
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

@micky. What do think of the GOP calling us a violent mob? Like we're the new version of the weather underground.

it plays to their knucklehead Faux guzzling supporters... fear and division.. motivates them like nothing else.. especially their own economic self interest....nothing new there.. just as making the Democrats, immigrants, the FBI and the press the enemies of the US.. excuse... current regime. It plays to the us against them formation that is on page 1 of the Republican playbook.   Can't blame them, it works, it gets them riled up and motivated to vote.  

However them calling Democrats or anyone not including their own neo fascist and hate mongering supporters  a violent mob is a complete joke. Then again, what today revolving around the current politics of that party is not a joke.  Though even less funny than my atttemps at jokes haha.

Democrats are angry no doubt and out to protest and show it...  only in the eyes of totalitarian regimes.. or those with designs of being such would see the expressions of disagreement as anything but a redeeming expression of what this country stands for.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2018 at 12:45
I think he'll win in 2020.   Even if something happens like a war or economic downturn, I can't think of a single potential candidate, Dem or Rep, that will be in a position to beat him.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2018 at 13:58
The American politically correct crowd is tiny and widely unpopular. Only  8% of Americans, according to Harvard Study.  Although the PC mob is a tiny minority, they have a MSM Megaphone,  and violence to boot.  And Obama's former attorney general Eric Holder cheers on the PC mob, "When they go low, we KICK THEM!"   

The PC mob berates, scolds, intimidates, abuses, and pontificates opinions as if they spoke for all Americans.  Harvard claims the Majority of Americans hate PC culture.  

https://web.archive.org/web/20181011221758/https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/10/large-majorities-dislike-political-correctness/572581/

Early this week- Mob of politically correct anti Trumpers in action...Wink

Edited by omphaloskepsis - October 13 2018 at 14:33
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2018 at 14:40
^ You'll like these guys, they aren't "PC" at all.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2018 at 14:50
That was a crescent kick, not a roundhouse.
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2018 at 15:50
Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

Conservative media, Trump, and Congress all said the year old Charlottesville was a bad thing.  Trump, myself, and every conservative politician and person I know  disowned said it was an evil thing.

Yet, no one in the media or democrat polictians have disowned all the mob violence perpetuated by the PC mobs.  Not one.  Instead Hillary orders no civility, Eric Holder says kick them, and Maxine Waters encourage violence against Rep politicians in gas stations and restaurants .  Evil James Field and his car does not make a MOB.   Everybody else was peaceful in Charlottesville.  ...or were they?

I went to Field's trial and saw things very few people saw... For instance I saw a video at the trial of the Field's deadly car driving up to 50 feet in front of the crowd crowd...Backing up a block and a half...waiting for 45 seconds...Then plowing forward into the crowd. Bet you didn't know that.  The video and Charlottesville cops testified under oath to that fact.  In other words, why hasn't the video at Fields trial been shown to the American Public.   Look it up.  Its a matter of government record.  Why is the video important?  Because the video shown at Fields trial makes it look like it was planned-  

Did you know facial recognition has proved that several of the supposed white supremacists are democrat military industrial complex....  Look it up....   

And then there is the gunman who attacked Republican Senators.  He wasn't a mob.    James Field's  was not make a Mob.  On the other hand we get daily reports of hooligan PC mobs attacking and threatening citizens, screaming pro-Trumpers out of restaurants, and kicking them in the face.  In a country of 330 million folks the best you can come up with is ONE Man?   And if you watch the video I posted, even that is iffy....Wink

Edited by omphaloskepsis - October 14 2018 at 13:03
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2018 at 15:55
^ Thanks for re-posting, I knew you would like all that. Now lets go to the golden era of anti "PC" in all its glory.

Edited by Easy Money - October 13 2018 at 15:59
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2018 at 18:07
Yeah, ompha, you should've quit while you were ahead.   That last post was incoherent and bizarre.   Your point about Field's trial made no sense, and if your gonna endorse white supremacists you'll lose a lot more than your dignity.

The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2018 at 18:10

Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

Conservative media, Trump, and Congress all said the year old Charlottesville was a bad thing.  They disowned it.  However, no one in the media or democrat polictians have disowned all the mob violence perpetuated by the PC mobs.  Not one!  Instead Hillary, Eric Holder, and Maxine Waters encourage violence.  But you speak of  One man and his car.... that not make a MOB.   Everybody else was peaceful in Charlottesville was peaceful...or were they?

You have selected the wrong venue here to try to absolve Trump from his actions, because unlike you most of us clearly see the fat emperor without his clothes on -- and it is a disgusting sight. Perhaps you should share your inanity with the weak-minded crowd more amenable to the fascist platitudes of Trump. In any case, Trump not only defends the Nazis who were shouting "Blood and soil" ("blut and boden", right from the Richard Walther Darre' ideology of pure-blood Nazism), "Jews will not replace us", and the one comment I find the most appalling, "This city is run be Jewish Communists and criminal n*ggers," he called them "fine people" after one of your Nazi friends drove a car into a crowd of innocent people. 

Trump defended them, and the statue of a traitor, rebel and slave holder, Robert E. Lee. A statue dedicated in 1924, at the height of the re-formed Ku Klux Klan activities across the South (a year later, 30,000 Klansmen marched on Washington, D.C.). The meaning of erecting that statue is not lost on anyone who understands historical context.

As far as the main person responsible for the incivility of America.....

Here is 10 hours of Trump insulting people....

Trump is the problem. He is a cancer. He must be removed. Vote November 6th.

Edited by The Dark Elf - October 14 2018 at 15:36
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2018 at 03:42
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Love him or hate him...Trump keeps his promises.   I find it difficult to hate Trump for lowering my taxes, fantastic economy, ongoing denuclearization of North Korea, and No New Wars.    Folks who hate Trump, hate him for his rhetoric, personality, keeping promises,  as they parrot the MSM's 94% negative coverage of the President.  
What puzzles me about Trump haters?   Why don't they attack substantial factual issues where Trump fails?
I'm afraid I agree with most of this.   Facts are facts.   I would even add that his demeanor has improved, less nervous and affected, more relaxed and confident.

He could quite easily win in 2020, regardless of all the backlash and scandal.

QFT (fortunately or unfortunately, depending on your views).

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2018 at 04:56
Originally posted by Frenetic Zetetic Frenetic Zetetic wrote:

Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Love him or hate him...Trump keeps his promises.   I find it difficult to hate Trump for lowering my taxes, fantastic economy, ongoing denuclearization of North Korea, and No New Wars.    Folks who hate Trump, hate him for his rhetoric, personality, keeping promises,  as they parrot the MSM's 94% negative coverage of the President.  
What puzzles me about Trump haters?   Why don't they attack substantial factual issues where Trump fails?
I'm afraid I agree with most of this.   Facts are facts.   I would even add that his demeanor has improved, less nervous and affected, more relaxed and confident.

He could quite easily win in 2020, regardless of all the backlash and scandal.

QFT (fortunately or unfortunately, depending on your views).
I agree up to a point. Trump will win re-election as long as the economy doesn't tank or if he starts an all out race war with one of his tweets. After reading Fear by Bob Woodward, I actually am less fearful of Trump starting WWIII as he feels that Armageddon is a "bad deal" for the US, business-wise, and the fact that he sucks up to our nuclear enemies also helps!

Edited by SteveG - October 14 2018 at 04:57
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8586878889 434>