FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe American Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8788899091 434>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2018 at 08:44
Originally posted by npjnpj npjnpj wrote:

Sorry, but I don't agree, although I find your arguments compelling and persuasive. It's exactly how I though things would go in 2016, and look what happened.

I believe Trump will be reelected in 2020, simply because .... Americans.

Oh, and the Russians of course, without whom ....
Oh, and gerrymandering of course, without which ....
Oh, and hacked election software of course, without which ....
Oh, and voter suppression a la Georgia's Brian Kemp, without whom ....

Yup.  As a fellow non American.  And what wouldn't I give to be proved wrong about this; I've got extended family in Virginia (ok not far from DC but my aunt said it used to be a Republican stronghold until not long ago ) and one of said aunt's daughters is studying in South Carolina. I worry about them frequently and about all ethnic and racial minorities generally.  Lady Omaha (sorry!!! LOL) might disagree but the black people I met in DC told me otherwise and I am more inclined to believe them.  But I have become very skeptical of liberal confidence in something seemingly insane being an improbability if not impossibility.  It started when I heard somebody on mainstream news sounding oh so complacent and comfortable the day before the Brexit vote and we continue to be in a crazy zone.  Hoping the mid terms buck that trend but not holding my breath.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2018 at 09:36
Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

^ Which is why the Donald will most likely be re-elected.

Too many gullible sheep?
I think we need to hear omphla. His concerns are valid but just aren't like ours. We Dems have missed the needs of the GOPers and that's why they are in power. We can say that they didn't win the popular vote but that's no excuse for why they held the House and Senate.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2018 at 09:47
Something that is way under reported in the media is the number of true small government conservatives who are upset that their political concerns have been hijacked by this incoherent mix of xenophobia, religious intolerance and border line fascism.

Edited by Easy Money - October 15 2018 at 10:21
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2018 at 10:19

^ Which is why the Donald will most likely be re-elected.

Too many gullible sheep?
I think we need to hear omphla. His concerns are valid but just aren't like ours. We Dems have missed the needs of the GOPers and that's why they are in power. We can say that they didn't win the popular vote but that's no excuse for why they held the House and Senate.

^ 1) I'm not a Democrat.
2) Ompha is a woman.
3) I am very much interested in the concerns of an intelligent small government conservative. Unfortunately that sort of rational thinking would not include ompha or trump.
Something that is way under reported in the media is the number of true small government conservatives who are upset that their political concerns have been hijacked by this incoherent mix of xenophobia, religious intolerance and border line fascism.

Edited by Easy Money - October 15 2018 at 10:40
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2018 at 10:50
^ Now you just sound like a pissed off independent. Later.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2018 at 11:19

^ Now you just sound like a pissed off independent. Later.

Pissed off, not at all, there is no anger in my posts.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2018 at 11:27
Look, you need to fulfill your destiny. Embrace the Trump and become one with what you hate. There is no other way for a small government conservative. ;)

Edited by SteveG - October 15 2018 at 11:50
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2018 at 11:55
Originally posted by omphaloskepsis omphaloskepsis wrote:

Dark Elf.  I don't believe anything Snopes or Politifact says. Who made Snopes the God of Truth?  Just because someone claims to be a fact checker doesn't make it true.

But you'll believe anything from some Nazi blogger in Iowa as long as you have your tinfoil hat on, correct? You choose to disbelieve organizations that have numerous reporters and researchers, but some unemployed bum typing away in his mother's basement has the means at his disposal to check every reported incident. What a fraud you are. Easily manipulated. 

So Dark Elf...you like Jason Kessler and believe everything he says.  I think Kessler is a liar.  Kessler was active with Occupy up through November 5th of 2016.  He started his White Group in Jan 2017.  Can you name 3 members of his group.  You can't because its a Shell Racist group with paid protester.    But since you defend Kessler Elf maybe you can contact him and join his club.

I despise Kessler. As I mentioned before, he joined your white supremacist movement because he could be somebody, because you and your ilk will follow dung in a septic clean-out truck if you are told it will "Make 'Merica Grate Agin". Because he lives in his mom's basement like most of your leaders. This loser only graduated college in 2009. He's been a dishwasher, truck driver and handyman (a job resume of your run-of-the-mill Nazi). Yet you want to cast him as some mastermind of a grand scheme to infiltrate the White Supremacist movement of Nazis and KKKers..... just so Nazis and KKKers could march on Charlottesville. So, what you're saying is that these Nazis and KKKers were so stupid that they followed a plant to do what they would naturally do anyway? What exactly was the plan there, Bubba? Because rational thinking people saw Nazis beating up African Americans, and another Nazi murdered a young woman by driving a car into a crowd of protesters. The Nazis have been arrested and charged. None of these "fine people" were anything but hate-mongering, deluded white supremacists.

Kessler attended one Occupy Wall Street demonstration, then left because they were too liberal. He didn't organize it, he didn't belong to it, and everything I've seen indicates that is fact.  He also never worked for Obama as you lied about previously.

The Left supports Kessler.  The ACLU defended him. Suddenly Kessler's first pro right Trump tweet occurred on Nov. 6 2016.  Before that?  Radical democrat, pro gun control.   Go read Kessler's earlier tweets.   All the famous folks on the Right know Kessler works for the Left to start violence with paid protesters and make it look like  KKK are everywhere.  Nationwide, there are still an estimated 3,000 Klan members and unaffiliated people who "identify with Klan ideology," according to the ADL. Membership, though, remains spread across dozens of groups. The largest Klans reportedly don't have more than 50 to 100 active members, and most have fewer than 25.     The media makes it sound like the KKK has millions of followers. 

When a white supremacist has been outed, they spend their time formulating conspiracies in order to hide their real disgusting selves. Enlarging and emboldening print does not somehow hide who you really are.

You are bound and determined to protect the REAL Nazis and KKK. Because you support the REAL Nazis and KKK, and some douchebag like Kessler interrupting your White Panther Party is wrecking your supremacist buzz. You claim that you don't support white nationalism, but you spend countless paragraphs defending them. Why is that? I am sure you deny the Holocaust as a Jewish fabrication as well. Go on, just admit it. Then tell us how the earth is really flat and that the moon landing was actually an elaborate hoax by NASA that took place on some movie set in New Mexico. 

The issue is that membership to these terrorist organizations is limited because Facebook and other sites make it simple to find these Neanderthals, particularly after the Charlottesville tiki torch fiasco got several of your buddies arrested and fired from their jobs. But they are there. And there were more than "3000" marchers at Charlottesville spouting Nazi rhetoric. 

Also, as I stated factually previously, Nazis and White Supremacists are running for congress and getting votes. They are all running as Republicans. They are in Illinois (Arthur Jones), North Carolina (Russell Walker), Virginia (Corey Stewart), California (Patrick Little), to name a few. Patrick Little of California is running second in polls to Diane Feinstein. Let me repeat, he is running second in the polls in California. We are not talking about a few thousand people scattered across the states, we are talking about 46% of Repbulicans supporting an avowed racist and anti-semite in California. Out of his own mouth and whose own platform calls for “limiting representation of Jews in the government” and making it U.S. policy that the Holocaust “is a Jewish war atrocity propaganda hoax that never happened.” 

And this is all due to Trump. No one else has promoted this type of hatred but Trump, which is why Nazis are running as Republicans. So you aren't fooling anyone with your finger pointing and whataboutisms and crackpot conspiracies. You are what you are, and it's plain by reading the offal you disembogue.

Since you hate Trump you must love WAR because Trump hasn't started a new war like the Bushes, Clinton, and Obama started war    Bottom line- I hate WAR and love Peace.   I don't care if the President is Democrat, Republican, or an Elf...as long as the President doesn't start wars then I'll vote the him/her/elf. 

So, Trump has not ordered anything bombed? Has he brought all the troops home? Last I checked, there were still troops in Afghanistan dying. Last time I checked Trump has threatened war against several countries. Last time I checked, Trump wanted to waste several million dollars just so he could have a military parade like every Third World dictator. Last time I checked, Trump signed a $717 billion military budget. Last time I checked, Trump put generals in charge of nearly every key position in the White House. Trump has weakened our alliances and strengthened our enemies (or did you not notice Russia is now supplying India with military equipment?). Speaking of strenghtening our enemies....

What about North Korea?  Has there ever been a time in the last 60 years were American's relationship with North Korea was better?  More peaceful?   I love peace.    Do you love war Dark Elf?  What's your deal?  Are you a fascist or communist Dark Elf?   I know what you hate Elf.  What do you like?  Communism?

Yes, what about North Korea? Kim Jon Un played Trump like a cheap fiddle. North Korea still has their nuclear weapons and will not surrender them. Kim Jong Un is still starving his country. By playing Trump, Kim Jong Un got Trump to suspend U.S. military exercises in South Korea (which only reduces our readiness and strengthens North Korea,  per several generals). He is ignoring the U.S. completely and dealing with South Korea directly. Your boy got played, just like Putin is playing him. 

Trump saved my family thousands of dollars by lowering taxes and ending the Obamacare Mandate.  I'll bet Dark Elf wants America's economy to fail so he can crow like a rooster and bash Trump.  Trump helps folks of all color.   Lowest unemployment ever for Blacks and Hispanics.  Lowest unemployment for women since 1953.  Wages rising.  Bonuses galore.

You've been caught again. Just another lie. No one in the United States has saved any money whatsoever by Trump and the Republicans trying to end Obamacare. None. Healthcare has risen for EVERYONE due to Republicans trying to screw people out of health benefits. Trump and his Republican Gollums have not done anything to fix healthcare, they have made it worse. Because they would prefer to give the rich billions of dollars in tax cuts. You claim "your family" saved thousands. Previously you mentioned $3000. Trump and his family will make BILLIONS in both the tax cuts and loss of inheritance tax. You are a pawn. 

Not even a dead squirrel, having done nothing but decompose, could screw up the economy left by Obama and his 75 consecutive months of job growth. Trump could literally have eaten cheeseburgers in bed and the economy would be fine. But now billions are going to fund farmers who are losing money because of Trump's stupid tariffs. Ford is losing a billion dollars because of Trump's stupid tariffs. Harley and Carrier are losing money and moving their production out of the country. Steelworkers are planning to strike because the corporations got billions in tax cuts but no raises for the workers. There have been major drops in the stock exchange. People can't get affordable housing because every study shows that any wage increase has been offset by rising inflation, healthcare costs and prices at the supermarket.     

No Russian collusion.  Trump was right...His campaign was spied on by FBI.  Americans votes are sacred and FBI and DOJ and several Obama folks plotted to undo a Peaceful transfer of Power.    That's very uncool.

Every Intelligence agency reported Russians worked to get Trump elected through hacking and manipulating dupes like you (you still are parroting some of the themes Russians used back in 2016). This is a fact. The Mueller Investigation has indicted the Russian government in attacking the 2016 U.S. election. This is a fact. Several of Trump's direct reports, associates and family members were communicating with Russians during the election. This is a fact. Trump himself has made millions from Russian oligarchs. This is a fact. 

I'll wait to get the findings of the Mueller report and get the facts. 

Edited by The Dark Elf - October 15 2018 at 12:19
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2018 at 12:12

Look, you need to fulfill your destiny. Embrace the Trump and become one with what you hate. There is no other way for a small government conservative.
;)

Its true that many of the so-called 'social conservatives have embraced him, but many of his loudest critics are the small government fiscal conservatives ie Bob Corker, Jeff Flake and John Kasich to name a few. I live in a very Republican part of the country. There are plenty of conservatives around here that think Trump is an uncouth con-artist with a very dangerous love for fascist dictators.
trump is far from a true fiscal conservative, he's just into whatever serves trump.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2018 at 13:11

Look, you need to fulfill your destiny. Embrace the Trump and become one with what you hate. There is no other way for a small government conservative.
;)

Its true that many of the so-called 'social conservatives have embraced him, but many of his loudest critics are the small government fiscal conservatives ie Bob Corker, Jeff Flake and John Kasich to name a few. I live in a very Republican part of the country. There are plenty of conservatives around here that think Trump is an uncouth con-artist with a very dangerous love for fascist dictators.
trump is far from a true fiscal conservative, he's just into whatever serves trump.
All true, but Corker and Kasich are on the outside looking in. Flake has just given up. A bad time for fiscal conservatives but at least they can live with themselves.
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2018 at 14:33
@ Dark Elf: I agree with your points, but you've gone to far too much trouble.

Don't let all that stuff get to you personally, it's just not worth it. All that happens is that you waste all your energy and possibly, as worst case scenario, provoke another tirade of venomous drivel.

Although, in a train wreck way, it can be entertaining. Blood-curdling, but entertaining like a mass murdering flat earther.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2018 at 17:12

3) I am very much interested in the concerns of an intelligent small government conservative. Unfortunately that sort of rational thinking would not include ompha or trump.

I love talking to those type myself.. rare and an endangered species as they are becoming John.

The great problem of that party is they are a relic of the Jack Kemp past.   The party has almost fully been taken over the loons and social conservatives.  Thus the lack of any remorse by anyone in power within their party at their current course of fiscal irresponsibility and blowing the deficit sky high.  I suspect they will attempt a last stand in 2020 but until they reconcile that fiscal conservatism does not equate to eliminating the safety net and promoting some sort of sadistic social darwinism .. ie...  most federal spending is untouchable and in fact funding/spending needs to increased not slashed... and thus they are .. much like the social loonies on the moral and realistic losing end of this. Look no further than the ACA furor... rhetoric for them...  has no correpsonding policy in reality.  All about repeal.. zero clue as to what to do in its place.

that is the Republican Party in a nutshelll... all sound and fury.. zero ideas or ability to govern.

btw.... had no idea the resident forum Trump goose stepper and tin foil investor was a she.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2018 at 17:19
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

btw.... had no idea the resident forum Trump goose stepper and tin foil investor was a she.
yeah, doesn't that just send a chill down your spine?
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2018 at 17:24
Originally posted by npjnpj npjnpj wrote:

Sorry, but I don't agree, although I find your arguments compelling and persuasive. It's exactly how I though things would go in 2016, and look what happened.

I believe Trump will be reelected in 2020, simply because .... Americans.

Oh, and the Russians of course, without whom ....
Oh, and gerrymandering of course, without which ....
Oh, and hacked election software of course, without which ....
Oh, and voter suppression a la Georgia's Brian Kemp, without whom ....

and if you had read my post...  you would see the path that both Warren and Biden will follow that Clinton did not in 2016 and led directly to her losing. Unlike the Republicans who know they have a problem and continue to ignore dealing with it. The Democrats leading two candidates most likely to face Trump are uniquely gifted to do just that. Cut directly into Trump's core (non bigotted/racists) core of support.  They don't have to win back all.. or even a majority of working class white.. but if they take a mere fraction of it...  they take back all the states that flipped to Trump and it becomes not a Trump win.. but an electoral landslide for the Democrat...  

all bets are off if Biden or Warren do not get the nomination.. but if either does.. Trump will have a very hard road to reelection as he has done nothing .. absolutely nothing to broaden his support and has done aplenty to lose support of some who did vote for him.  Will they come back in 2020... it sure doesn't appear so... especially suburban women.. that did support Trump.. are leaving him and that party in droves and nothing.. especially token gestures as he is said to be planning (a woman as next UN ambasador) is going to do more than put a bandaid on a shotgun blast to the guts that is the problem he and his party have with the 'non Wynette/tin foil hat wearing' female population.  
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2018 at 17:32
Remember micky, that's two years from now and two years in Trump years is like 40 in human years. Anything or everything can happen before then!
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2018 at 17:33
"non-Wynette" 

LOL   a new mickyism .

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2018 at 17:37
yep... that trade war and farmers being forced to suck at the public tit.. consumer prices shooting through the roof.. and all that most economiists believe is coming in that future you say....

yeah will sure make his reeletion that much more enivitable huh...  that is why he is toast.. unless he starts a war, the Democrats get even stupider than the Republicans and ignore the problems they have in the electorate, or of course Hillary pulls the ultimate from the grave Romero act and becomes Trump's opponent.

As I said.. all bets are off if Warren or Biden are not the nominee.. for they will address the problem the party has.. and appeal to those... that simply want to be appealed to again Steve and not felt left out of the post Obama Democratic party than is urban, educated, and more concerned about diversity.. than jobs and wages.  
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2018 at 17:40
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

"non-Wynette" 

*emoti-snip*   a new mickyism .

*heart and a beer toast emoticon*

yeah.. I liked that one too...
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2018 at 17:40

Remember micky, that's two years from now and two years in Trump years is like 40 in human years. Anything or everything can happen before then!

There's always a good chance of a stroke brought on by too many cheeseburgers eaten in bed. He's already slurring. 
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2018 at 17:43
^ Everything is possible in Trump World.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8788899091 434>