FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe American Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8889909192 434>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2018 at 19:09

The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2018 at 19:26
Just remember, a pence is the lowest denomination of coinage in Britain. Unless, of course, you split him down the middle. In which case he would be a half-penny.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2018 at 19:35
yeah...  that makes sense in a Pence kind of way.   

Oh by the way... after years of waffling about it I finally did what I have been meaning to do.. for two years.. finally got me a twitter account.  And I plan on getting myself banned from Trump's twitter account.. but as my friend told me today...  you have to do it with style and panache..  I told him.. dude.. it is me.  That will be no problem...   laying my plans for that memorable day.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2018 at 01:02
I got myself a twitter account about a year ago, just to see those infamous tweets. Deleted it 4 weeks later, because the drivel was simply unbearable. I'm not joking.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2018 at 15:51
Originally posted by npjnpj npjnpj wrote:

I got myself a twitter account about a year ago, just to see those infamous tweets. Deleted it 4 weeks later, because the drivel was simply unbearable. I'm not joking.

I plan on using it once and only once.... Operation Toddlertoss is in the planning stages now... oh trust me..  I will share the gory details. If it is one thing I love it is to revel in the glory of my antics and warstories haha.

omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2018 at 17:44
Senator Lindsey Graham argues that- Saudi crown prince Mohammed bin Salman  must GO because the alleged death of Khashoggi.   If MBS doesn't go, Graham will argue for the USA to pile sanctions on Saudi Arabia till they capitulate." 

I have problems with Senator Graham's position. 

1. Was it not 2 weeks ago Senator Graham argued "Innocent till Proven Guilty" for Judge Kavanaugh.  Boy, that "Innocent until proven guilty" act disappeared quick.   Double standard and hypocrisy.  

2. Although Turkey claims the have hard proof that Saudi Arabia killed Khashoggi….No one has seen the proof.   Certainly not Graham.  Why hasn't Turkey showed the proof yet?  The longer Turkey goes without providing hard evidence of their claims,  The more I will suspect subterfuge.   But its not America's business. 

3.  Senator Graham said the Saudi Arabian people should replace Prince MBS,  Graham added, "There are several people worthy of replacing MBS and you know who you are."

Sounds like Senator Graham wants USA to stick its nose into another county's business again.   Senator Graham is a neo-con WAR Hawk.

Me?  I hate war and I want the United States to pull troops out of the Middle East and butt out of Saudi Arabia and Turkey's beef.  Butt out of the Middle East.  Let them settle their own business.   But not Graham,  its football season and it looks like Graham has to play political football with Khashoggi's head.    

Two weeks ago, I cheered for Graham when he stood up for "innocent until proven guilty."  Now I boo Graham's flip flop hypocrisy! America needs to stop pissing off other countries.  Stop stepping and stomping on other countries sovereignty and inspiring terrorists.   Why don't you help South Carolina Senator Graham....That's what you were elected for Senator.

I don't know what I did to change colors.  Doesn't mean anything.

Edited by omphaloskepsis - October 16 2018 at 17:57
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2018 at 18:09
Originally posted by omphaloskepsis omphaloskepsis wrote:

Senator Lindsey Graham argues that- Saudi crown prince Mohammed bin Salman  must GO because the alleged death of Khashoggi.   If MBS doesn't go, Graham will argue for the USA to pile sanctions on Saudi Arabia till they capitulate." 

I have problems with Senator Graham's position. 

1. Was it not 2 weeks ago Senator Graham argued "Innocent till Proven Guilty" for Judge Kavanaugh.  Boy, that "Innocent until proven guilty" act disappeared quick.   Double standard and hypocrisy.  

*spits beer on monitor*   really.. I sincerely hopefully that notion hasn't just occurred to you. Trump was right about one thing... he really was...  next to ignorant and uneducated voters.. the very ones that continually elect them.. the real problem of government has is 'the swamp'.  The Republican's in congress who take hypocracy and double standards to new standards and oh by the way.. only care about their jobs and enriching their masters and sponser in the corporate 1%. You got your crumbs.. they got billions...

2. Although Turkey claims the have hard proof that Saudi Arabia killed Khashoggi….No one has seen the proof.   Certainly not Graham.  Why hasn't Turkey showed the proof yet?  The longer Turkey goes without providing hard evidence of their claims,  The more I will suspect subterfuge.   But its not America's business. 

yo sista.. a journalist, a human being, was killed. Goddamn right it is our f**king business. That is the moral station this country once had and I'm damn happy to see us attempt to regain it, even if Trump is flghting against it and actively working against our moral standing as a nation. 

3.  Senator Graham said the Saudi Arabian people should replace Prince MBS,  Graham added, "There are several people worthy of replacing MBS and you know who you are."

Sounds like Senator Graham wants USA to stick its nose into another county's business again.   Senator Graham is a neo-con WAR Hawk.

oh good god girlfriend.. he isn't calling for the National Guard to go out there.. don't overreact....

Me?  I hate war and I want the United States to pull troops out of the Middle East and butt out of Saudi Arabia and Turkey's beef.  Butt out of the Middle East.  Let them settle their own business.   But not Graham,  its football season and it looks like Graham has to play political football with Khashoggi's head.  

I think Graham is a piece of sh*t... but if some asshat in a foreign country decides to cut me into little pieces and make me disappear... I'd hope for God's sake that the only thing that mattered was I am a f**king American and that my government would be rightly pissed off. 

Two weeks ago, I cheered for Graham when he stood up for "innocent until proven guilty."  Now I boo Graham's flip flop hypocrisy! America needs to stop pissing off other countries.  Stop stepping and stomping on other countries sovereignty and inspiring terrorists.   Why don't you help South Carolina Senator Graham....That's what you were elected for Senator.

oh whatever...   he was wrong then... it wasn't a f**king court of law.. but supposedly 'advice and consent' about his moral and legal qualifications for the job. innocent till proven gulty did not apply there. It was not a court of law. 

God help us.. our education system really has failed us.  Again.. I think Heinlein had the right of it sometimes hahah

I don't know what I did to change colors.  Doesn't mean anything.

Edited by micky - October 16 2018 at 18:27
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2018 at 18:34
Yo Micky,  you're wrong again.  Jamal Khashoggi is a citizen of Saudi Arabia.  If you read the article below, you will see (in the first sentence)  that Khashoggi is not an American citizen.    

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/10/where-is-jamal-khashoggi/572434/

I've read every Heinlein novel and short story there is.  Are you referring to  Heinlein's feelings on citizenship?  Serve your country as a Starship Trooper and then you earn citizenship. Is that what your referring to?  You aren't given citizenship...You earn it!   Wink

I suspect Khashoggi is dead.   I'd bet on it.  However, I haven't seen any hard evidence proving WHO KILLED Khashoggi.   I believe in due process. Innocent until proven guilty.   

Edited by omphaloskepsis - October 16 2018 at 18:43
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2018 at 18:42
yeah....   editted that already...  but as I said.   We are right to be mightily pissed about this and I think that is a good thing to be.  We were once the holder of the high moral ground you don't kill Americans, you don't kill our journalists (even in Trump's America where they are a 3rd enemy of the state) and I find it refreshing that Congress is pushing back on Trump on not letting his conflict of business interests conflict with US policies.  
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2018 at 18:46

I've read every Heinlein novel and short story there is.  Are you referring to  Heinlein's feelings on citizenship?  Serve your country as a Starship Trooper and then you earn citizenship. Is that what your referring to?  You aren't given citizenship...You earn it!   Wink

of course I am...  letting ignorant uniformed sh*t for brains vote who have not earned the right with service to something greater than themselves?  An interesting notion.

I can see the merit in it....    2016 showed us what happens when people don't take their responsibilities seriously. You elect reality TV star failed shyster businessmen...  
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2018 at 18:47
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

yeah....   editted that already...  but as I said.   We are right to be mightily pissed about this and I think that is a good thing to be.  We were once the holder of the high moral ground you don't kill Americans, you don't kill our journalists (even in Trump's America where they are a 3rd enemy of the state) and I find it refreshing that Congress is pushing back on Trump on not letting his conflict of business interests conflict with US policies.  

Again he was not an American.  Please read the article I posted.  He was a citizen of Saudi Arabia.  

Journalists?  Trump has never jailed a journalist.  Obama set records jailing journalists.   Free Julian Assange!

Obama Prosecuted More Journalists THAN ALL PRESIDENTS COMBINED

theblacksphere.net/2017/02/media-silence-obama...

Obama Prosecuted More Journalists THAN ALL PRESIDENTS COMBINED! Barack Obama was a media wrecking ball, as he had the media paralyzed in fear to talk.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2018 at 18:52

of course I am...  letting ignorant uniformed sh*t for brains vote who have not earned the right with service to something greater than themselves?  An interesting notion.

I can see the merit in it....    2016 showed us what happens when people don't take their responsibilities seriously. You elect reality TV star failed shyster businessmen...  

We found common ground Micky.Wink  I think it would be better if American's earned citizenship.  
Say 4 years: military service...taking care of poor folks... invalids and elderly.

4 years later you earn citizenship. 

Double Standards , Swamp, and hypocrisy on both sides of the aisle.   Democrats and Republicans.   Despite what you may think...I am not a republican.    I am for PEACE.  I didn't vote for Trump in 2016, because I thought he'd start a War. I didn't vote for Hillary either. 
 If Trump doesn't start a war by 2020,  I will vote for Trump because I vote for Peace.

Both Bushes, Clinton, and Obama started wars.   So far, Trump hasn't started a war.  And relations with North Korea are the best I've ever seen.   Peace not war.   Wink 

Edited by omphaloskepsis - October 16 2018 at 19:23
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2018 at 19:01
I see the merit in it.. not saying I agree with it.  I'd just like to see American's view their rights as something more than an entitlement.. but a responsibility. Just like Freedom of speech..  it is a double sided coin. You have the freedom to speak freely.. along with it.. and it seems many have forgotten it..  along with it it is implied you understand that right is one to be exercised responsibly.

same as voting...  you all elected someone who stands against every single f**king thing this country stands for and I'll be blunt...   I have no respect for anyone who voted for him that hasn't the brains or intellect or the care for this country to realize how badly their irresponsibility tore this country apart. This was not a mere difference in ideology or policy.. did you see Bush light tear this country apart. No.. for though we disagreed with him we still believed he was a good man with ALL of best interests in mind. Just on the wrong side of issues. Trump however? oh no....he is a con man who played upon America's worst instincts and traits towards hate and bigotry to get himself elected.  Why? It wasn't because he cared a damn bit for you, me, or even America. 

Because it was all about him.. his ego, his business, and his brand name.

out... while I am still being halfway civil haha
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2018 at 19:06
Lindsey Graham has the balls of a malnourished gerbil. He has the moral compass of a weather-vane in a wind storm. He's as fake as  a reproduction Rembrandt in pastel chalk on black velvet.

...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2018 at 19:36

I see the merit in it.. not saying I agree with it.  I'd just like to see American's view their rights as something more than an entitlement.. but a responsibility. Just like Freedom of speech..  it is a double sided coin. You have the freedom to speak freely.. along with it.. and it seems many have forgotten it..  along with it it is implied you understand that right is one to be exercised responsibly.

same as voting...  you all elected someone who stands against every single f**king thing this country stands for and I'll be blunt...   I have no respect for anyone who voted for him that hasn't the brains or intellect or the care for this country to realize how badly their irresponsibility tore this country apart. This was not a mere difference in ideology or policy.. did you see Bush light tear this country apart. No.. for though we disagreed with him we still believed he was a good man with ALL of best interests in mind. Just on the wrong side of issues. Trump however? oh no....he is a con man who played upon America's worst instincts and traits towards hate and bigotry to get himself elected.  Why? It wasn't because he cared a damn bit for you, me, or even America. 

Because it was all about him.. his ego, his business, and his brand name.

out... while I am still being halfway civil haha

Yes, as I mentioned before, I respect an intelligent, moral, responsible conservative and welcome their input, but trump is not one of those. trump is not a true conservative or even a true republican. He is just trump, an immoral con-man who hijacked the republican party and the conservative movement for his own gain.
Speaking of Lindsay Graham, do you recall what he said when trump got the nomination, that was Graham speaking the truth for a change.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2018 at 04:10
^ Democratic centrists(?) vs Republican centrist vs Trump supporter.

We're doomed! Dead

LOL
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2018 at 04:32
^ No easy media inspired labels or classifications for me, anyone can learn to think for themselves.
"Free your mind and your ass will follow."
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2018 at 04:41
^ Democratic centrists vs Trump Supporter vs TBD.

We're doomed! Dead

LOL
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2018 at 13:59
Meanwhile in my home town and residence...Fort Worth    Voter fraud.  Taking advantage of the elderly... 
For most citizens the only voice we have is our vote.    

https://en-volve.com/2018/10/16/busted-four-democrats-indicted-for-running-voter-fraud-ring-targeted-elderly/

Edited by omphaloskepsis - October 17 2018 at 14:03
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2018 at 18:47
^ oh dear god...  that must be the daily hot topic on loony tunes news.... probably an honest mistake.. and most all 'voter fault' is found to be..... and if the loony tunes propanganda network is amping this up... you know what is coming..

as if intimidating and trying to keep hispanics and minorities from voting in the attempt to keep down 'voter fraud' which fools no one as to its real purpose..  to keep them from voting for the other side..  

now our blessed seniors will be the crosshairs of the Repubican Party hahaha.  Dear God.. what has happened to my country.

god help us all...  what happened to the nation we once had. Where a foundation concept we had, you know, those things seperating us from the despots and bananna republics....was is better to let one guilty man go than to imprison a innocent one.  For a few isolated instances of fraud.. and again.. no wonder the Republicans have never produced proof of widespread voter fraud.. it simply doesn't exist..  just occasional mistakes and gliches...  half this country thinks it is acceptable to attempt to bring back the good old days of intimidating people not to vote.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8889909192 434>