Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Music and Musicians Exchange
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWorking on new compositions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Working on new compositions
    Posted: February 13 2017 at 01:43
My artistname is Monsieur Renard and currently I'm working on new compositions. Mostly influenced by ambient, new age and minimalistic music. Apparently the exact oppposite of progrock.

I play all the instruments myself (kinda like Mike Oldfield). Right now I'm trying to find the perfect melodies to work with. This is what I recorded yesterday, and I want to write a composition around it, using guitar, piano, percussion, synths and pandrums.

HackettFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2017 at 19:58
Really fabulous. It's nice to hear rhythmic stuff that pauses to complete a statement. To what extent did you work that out ahead of time or improvise?
A curse upon the heads of those who seek their fortunes in a lie. The truth is always waiting when there's nothing left to try. - Colin Henson, Jade Warrior (Now)
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2017 at 20:06
Wonderful.   Funny how a third or a second repeated can be so pleasing, you'd think we'd tire of two notes eventually.   Of course there's more going on in between with minors sandwiched between the main phrase and a good steady rhythm (not easy, and requires physical endurance).

Congratulations ~

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
 Post Reply Post Reply