Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Live Performance Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Musical Box "Selling England By The Pound"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Musical Box "Selling England By The Pound"
    Posted: February 18 2017 at 10:13
I had the great pleasure to attend The Musical Box's performance of "Selling England By The Pound" last night (17 Feb, 2017) at the historic Arcada Theater in St. Charles, Illinois. 

I'm a fan of TMB, having seen their Foxtrot and Lamb shows, so I had high expectations & was not disappointed!  

TMB is more than a tribute band to Genesis....they strive to recreate the feel of the original Genesis concerts by using vintage instruments (real Mellotron!), electronics and stage settings.  They also pride themselves on performing the music nearly perfectly, note-for-note in a concert setting.  

The show opened with "Watcher of the Skies," which is an excellent opening song for this band!  After a quick costume change, they launched into "Dancing With the Moonlit Knight," with lush Mellotron 8-Voice chorus tapes filling the room!  

In addition to the tracks on "Selling England," they performed "The Musical Box," "Supper's Ready" and "Can Utility and the Coastliners" which was the encore song.  

If you ever have a chance to see this hard-working and dedicated band, please do so!!  

Edited by cstack3 - February 18 2017 at 12:25
Darious View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2017 at 10:27
I'm only waiting when they're coming back to the UK, and then I don't care where they are going to perform - I will be there, I heard enough about them

Edited by Darious - February 18 2017 at 10:27
Writing about truth is a little bit like getting your dick out in public and hoping no one laughs (Steve Hogarth)
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2017 at 12:02
Originally posted by Darious Darious wrote:

I'm only waiting when they're coming back to the UK, and then I don't care where they are going to perform - I will be there, I heard enough about them

You will love them!  The Lamb show was outstanding, and they used many of the slides from the original Genesis tour.  

They will be in the UK later in 2017: 

I am always amazed at how perfectly they perform these works....like most of us, I think I know every nuance, every drum beat, every guitar note etc. in the songs, and they have those down exactly!!  

Edited by cstack3 - February 18 2017 at 12:52
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2017 at 12:22
This was during the opening song, Watcher of the Skies!

Edited by cstack3 - February 18 2017 at 12:29
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2017 at 12:27
This was the song "Musical Box" as I recall!  Nice lights!

Edited by cstack3 - February 18 2017 at 12:28
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic