Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - RIP: All who were killed at the Manchester Arena.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRIP: All who were killed at the Manchester Arena.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: RIP: All who were killed at the Manchester Arena.
    Posted: May 23 2017 at 06:45
Another senseless act that took the lives of many young concert goers.

Edited by SteveG - May 23 2017 at 06:45
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2017 at 07:15
It's a disgrace, completely tragic...a bunch of young kids going to a teeny-bopper concert...possibly could have been the first concert for many of them, how exciting it must have been for them.
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2017 at 07:25
It's hard to know how we can possibly stop the perpetrator(s) if those responsible clearly don't give a flying f*ck about human life, free expression, tolerance, respect or familial love. The target being a music concert attended predominantly by teenage fans means it was chosen solely for the purpose of generating maximum outrage. My condolences go out to the victims and their loved ones.
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2017 at 07:36
Really shocked. My condolence and ... terrorists suck. Angry
noni View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2017 at 09:15
My thoughts and prayers go out to the families and those that were involved :(
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2017 at 09:29
RIP, of course Cry
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2017 at 10:28
You absolutely despair at the mindset of people who could commit such an appalling act. This was deliberately targeted at an audience of young people and their parents. Staggering, really, and there must now be a movement to bear down properly on this type of lunatic. Moderate Muslims must play their part, because the ideology of the nut jobs is well known in the communities.

RIP. Such a tragic day.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2017 at 14:18
As a parent and grand-parent who has attended concerts with my kids and grand kids over the years and witnessed the sheer joy and wonder in their eyes at the spectacle (regardless of whether it was B*Witched or Rush!) i can only offer my deepest heartfelt condolences to those caught up in this senseless act of evil.. But its equally important to remember and applaud the acts of kindness and humanity offered up by the people of Manchester in support of the victims and emergency services, regardless of their religion, creed, class etc.

Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2017 at 15:49
That beautiful eight-year old girl.   My deepest, deepest condolences to our own English family here, and to their families.

Originally posted by ExittheLemming ExittheLemming wrote:

It's hard to know how we can possibly stop the perpetrator(s)

My understanding is that dogs would be the best way to detect explosives in such circumstances; they can smell it on a person immediately and from a good distance.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
UselessPassion View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2017 at 16:28
The whole point of terrorism is fear mongering. The healthiest thing we can do is resist the urge to despair and keep going. Stare this madness in the face and push through.

If only it was that easy.
[Hyperreflective paradigm breaking profundity goes here]
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2017 at 17:29
^ But I agree, and I don't fear terrorism.   We must stand up to it; it's better to get a bloody nose (or worse) than to knuckle under.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2017 at 01:10
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

^ But I agree, and I don't fear terrorism.   We must stand up to it; it's better to get a bloody nose (or worse) than to knuckle under.

I agree that we must stand up to it or they win but I do fear terrorism. It has the capacity to reduce to rubble pretty much everything and everyone I value and believe worth living for.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2017 at 01:46
R.I.P. to all those lost in this evil act of, totally unnecessary, violence. My heart goes out to all families.
Why do we have to live in a World of fear ?? Can't even go to a Rock / Pop concert in comfort..........
Something needs to be done. NOW !
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2017 at 02:28
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

You absolutely despair at the mindset of people who could commit such an appalling act. This was deliberately targeted at an audience of young people and their parents. Staggering, really, and there must now be a movement to bear down properly on this type of lunatic. Moderate Muslims must play their part, because the ideology of the nut jobs is well known in the communities.

RIP. Such a tragic day.

It is so tragic. The loss of life is tragic but so is the fact that a young man can become radicalised to the point where killing children is acceptable to them. It bothers me that someone's empathy can be eroded by brainwashing, but then it's not a new phenomenon. WE saw it in Nazi Germany, we saw it in relatively recent times in the Balkans. The human mind, regardless of age is a very weak and malleable thing.

As for 'moderate Muslims' they do play their part. The Muslim council of Britain always condemns acts of violence, as does the Quilliam foundation, who actively campaigns to promote strategies to counter radicalisation of the young. There are numerous Muslim charities that work along side other faith based charities doing community work and promoting diversity etc etc...it simply doesn't get reported, because division and hatred is far more exciting and sexy from a news POV.

However - TRIGGER WARNING - I don't believe there is such a thing as 'moderate Islam' Just because someone renounces violence and rejects terrorism, it doesn't make them moderate if they also believe that gay people are evil and should be killed as is the law in the majority of Muslim countries. Moderate Islam is essentially a meaningless western tag applied to Muslims who don't carry out or support terrorism. They may however be very extreme by western standards in other ways.

Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2017 at 03:40
Well, the dickhead who blew himself up 'for whatever reason', will be met with nothing but blackness, not the 72 (or whatever) virgins he hoped for. Proves just how dangerously deluded members of this mob are. The post-suffering of such an act is unfathomable. This sort of sh*t going on in this day and age really boils my piss. I truly wish I could do something............
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2017 at 03:42
Insanity !

My heart aches at the prospect of this becoming the new normal  for our present and future generations - senseless violence and death and the resulting fear corroding our day-to-day lifes
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2017 at 04:07
I could barely talk about this yesterday. The idea of destroying, and now permanently disrupting, the very act of young people living joyously as only one could when they are children or young adults is most sickening. And the thought of parents waiting outside of the arena to take their children home after enjoying the concert, only to be greeted with this brutal act of cowardice, is mind numbing. I feel even worse today about this tragedy, if that's even possible. It's just so sad.

Edited by SteveG - May 24 2017 at 07:56
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2017 at 04:41
.....when I heard the news of an 8 year old victim, tears ran down my cheek........I'm so angry now........
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2017 at 07:18
"PrayForManchester"....

Too much praying is one of the roots of these problems... 
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2017 at 07:30
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

R.I.P. to all those lost in this evil act of, totally unnecessary, violence. My heart goes out to all families. 
Why do we have to live in a World of fear ?? Can't even go to a Rock / Pop concert in comfort..........
Something needs to be done. NOW !

R.I.P. for all who are victims of these atrocities. Broken Heart

As for your questions. Intellectuals warned at the time when the UK and US were invading Iraq that this would come to roost. One of the given truths of the universe is that the cycle of cause and effect pretty much rings true time and time again and is quite apparent when looking at the bigger picture. Once you realize how Western nations interfere, invade, extract resources, force countries into endless debt and it is very understandable why these things occur since such a deed is an act of complete loss of power. While it may seem that innocent kids attending a concert have done nothing to deserve such things, it should be remembered that neither have the scores of innocent citizens who have perished under the US drone programs and hegemonic invasions carried out by other allies as well. I agree with those who have warned us that this will only get worse as long as we are carrying out these same clandestine programs of kill programs over the globe. Cry

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>