Topic ClosedWhat's happening?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2017 at 20:06
Originally posted by Thatfabulousalien Thatfabulousalien wrote:

IT'S happening again:

Hah, kind of ironic that you posted that meme, considering the popularity of Lynch's works as samples in hip-hop and electronic music, from DJ Shadow [What Does Your Soul Look Like (Part 1 – Blue Sky Revisit)] to Burial (Untrue) to Moby (Go). LOL Anyway, can't wait to see the Twin Peaks reboot. Wink

Edited by jude111 - June 14 2017 at 20:07
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2017 at 20:09
Originally posted by Tillerman88 Tillerman88 wrote:

Originally posted by jude111 jude111 wrote:

My implied thesis is that rock and roll is just about over.
LOL..... All sorts of popular music scenes had their own 'Golden Age' - I mean Twist, Disco, Funk, Soul etc., - besides Rock'n Roll, and it didn't imply they died... And to the present day, there's not even the slightest stretch of evidence presented either here or elsewhere that Rock is dead!...
Now, if we take just a glance at the popular music history it gets clearly evident that every now and then there was a music style being born and steering a whole new trend on music. But does this imply DEATH of former styles? Of course not at all!..........

Twist, disco, funk, soul; all long dead and buried.   Rock as well, I'm afraid.   Just because there's still people who like those styles doesn't mean music hasn't moved on.

The last rock band of any import or impact would probably be U2.   Rock may not be dead but it's in bed and not feeling well at all.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2017 at 20:17

Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

Hey Jude! (followed by Beatles chants)... this stopped being about the nature of your question a long time ago! Aussie Bro answered your question for ya ;)

Fair enough. This discussion got dragged into areas I didn't intend. But why are you faulting me for that? 

You take things too personally. Who mentioned anything about fault? I'm merely pointing out that these threads more often than not become runaway trains of thought that deviate from the intended purpose. Once you open a can of worms here it explodes into a million directions! Have you not observed the patterns of this site? 

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
jude111 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2017 at 20:20
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

The last rock band of any import or impact would probably be U2.   Rock may not be dead but it's in bed and not feeling well at all.

How about Radiohead and Oasis? I realize Oasis didn't really catch on in the US, but elsewhere they were massive and easily sold out stadiums. They both came out of the UK in the 1990s, and there are several other bands from that era that I'm quite fond of as well (the Verve, Manics, Suede, Supergrass, Spiritualized, etc). I could be wrong, but it seems like nothing since then is inspired by that period of rock history, it just kind of petered out...

You take things too personally. Who mentioned anything about fault? I'm merely pointing out that these threads more often than not become runaway trains of thought that deviate from the intended purpose. Once you open a can of worms here it explodes into a million directions! Have you not observed the patterns of this site? 

Cheers. I was feeling a bit persecuted LOLLOL Honestly, I'm not happy that the rock and roll era seems to be over. I'd love for there to be a revival, and new scenes to rise up and make their mark.

Edited by jude111 - June 14 2017 at 20:24
Thatfabulousalien View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2017 at 20:33

Originally posted by Thatfabulousalien Thatfabulousalien wrote:

IT'S happening again:

Hah, kind of ironic that you posted that meme, considering the popularity of Lynch's works as samples in hip-hop and electronic music, from DJ Shadow [What Does Your Soul Look Like (Part 1 – Blue Sky Revisit)] to Burial (Untrue) to Moby (Go). LOL Anyway, can't wait to see the Twin Peaks reboot. Wink

Irony is my middle name 
Classical music isn't dead, it's more alive than it's ever been. It's just not on MTV.

https://www.soundcloud.com/user-322914325
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2017 at 20:38

Cheers. I was feeling a bit persecuted LOLLOL Honestly, I'm not happy that the rock and roll era seems to be over. I'd love for there to be a revival, and new scenes to rise up and make their mark.

I disagree with you that rock is dead as the music fluorishes in a million different forms but what i'm hearing you say is that you feel its dead in that old-time sense when it was a unifying factor that dominated the musical landscape. True that that aspect of it seems over. It's all very nebulous now. But remember that we have entered a unique time where all of music's history is on the table at once. Suddenly kids are into all kinds of different types of music from every era, so in a way the "rock and roll" that you long for is actually called the internet. It's the thing that binds us all together and connects us like music concerts used to in the past. I simply see this as a phase change in reality where we are taking the whole thing to a global level. I wish i was around to see the Beatles, Zeppelin and all the great prog bands of decades past in their prime but there are plenty of exciting musical things going on now. Those would have been wonderful times but these are wonderful times as well in a totally different way.

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2017 at 20:44
@jude111
Not sure how old you are, but I grew up initially with R&B/Funk and Soul. That was a great time for artists like Earth Wind & Fire, Parliament/Funkadelic, Isley Bros, Stevie, Maze and so many others. Most of that music turned into disco, which was a social movement more than a musical movement.
I also began listening to the original rap artists as disco was not my thing, Grand Master Flash/Furious Five, Kurtis Blow, Sugar Hill, Run DMC so many other underground rappers...I don't hate rap. I can say I do not listen to today's rap, which sorry charlie is pretty krappy compared to where it came from.

You can thank Blondie for helping bring late 70s/early 80s rap to the mainstream with their song Rapture, she mentions Fab 5 Freddy and Grandmaster Flash.
You do realize that what Run DMC were doing was a combo of hard rock and rap?? I would rather you say, "no I did not realize that"....Rather than tell me you know, as that would explain some of your comments. We learn something new every day, or try to.

Rock is not dead my friend.......and current rap is not even close to the answer.
jude111 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2017 at 21:33

there are plenty of exciting musical things going on now. Those would have been wonderful times but these are wonderful times as well in a totally different way.

Absolutely there's great music being made today: in hip-hop (Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp a Butterfly is the What's Going On? of today); in pop (Beyonce's at her peak, even rock lovers would be amazed by her most recent album); in techno (don't get me started about Traumprinz). Sadly the dubstep era in the UK was short-lived, but so much great stuff came out of it.

On the other hand, rock's not looking too good right now. What do I mean by rock? I mean a band, with guitars and bass and drums. What do I mean by "not looking too good right now"? I mean: Not making music that's connecting with a wide audience, that's capable of filling stadiums, that's soundtracking people's lives, that's generating big songs that people can't get enough of.

I don't meet the Swans. I don't mean Sonic Youth or My Bloody Valentine. They're all great bands, but they're all cult bands, with small audiences. Great music, sure. But rock was built on Elvis and the Beatles, on mass hysteria of screaming fans singing giant choruses. That's the rock era. If rock can't do that anymore, then it's become a niche market catering to specialized fans, like classical and jazz. It's no longer vital.

Retro rock bands are now playing on yachts and cruise ships. Did you know that? If that's not the death knell, then I don't know what is.

Edited by jude111 - June 14 2017 at 21:37
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2017 at 21:41
^ i hear ya but i think the reason that we don't have arena rock much anymore is for a few reasons. Firstly the demise of the music industry via internet downloads, pirating and explosion of independently made music has meant that profit driven music managers have had to scamble to spread their tentacle into more arenas, each with smaller and smaller returns and focus on merchandising of external items to yield the profits. Secondly is the price of live entertainment is off the charts. Who can afford to go to the big arena rock concerts anymore? The shows have gotten so huge and so expensive that the prices are extortion. Add to that the fact that there is no unifying type of music as society is splintered into a million musical interests these days. Never say never as rock goes through cycles and things happen when the time is ripe. Stay tuned. Something will surely emerge to give it a much needed unifying kick in the arse LOL

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2017 at 07:43
U2 just played in Seattle a month ago at Seahawks stadium, around 57,000 attended. Metallica is playing there in August, probably same attendance numbers. Ohh and they are also playing 3 hours north in Vancouver BC, both venues are close to sold out by now I understand.

I remember it being reported when U2 tickets for this tour went on sale over 1million tickets were sold in 24 hours.

I looked up Kendrick Lamar and he is playing Tacoma WA at the Tacoma Dome on Aug 1st, max is probably 22k people in that venue and right now every section including floor stage front, there are plenty of tickets still unsold. His tour is all in these type of venues, indoor basketball arenas that hold max 20k people and it does not seem any are sold out. He would need to play 3 nights to match U2 and Metallica attendance numbers it seems.....

I still do not see how rock is dead? What I see is that for sure hiphop/rap is the popular genre right now, but using your thought process on live shows, its not what hip hop/rap fans do, go to live shows. Like sillypuppy states, maybe this is a demographic that prefers to wait and watch the show on YT that people recorded with their phones...for free online.

Maybe this is a cycle, but I seriously doubt that we ever see rock tours like ELP, Genesis, Journey, Zeppelin, The Who filling a stadium every city with 50K fans.....but I will say if any genre of music can do it, it is rock n roll.
It's not dead dude......
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2017 at 08:20
Hi
Rock never die of course. Arts never die but Artists die. I don't want to talk about Roger's last album. I want to talk about his charisma. 

Roger Waters is a different musician. He known as a Political and Social artist that attack to West politics,Philosophy and any Western! Valuable things . I don't agree with this completely but its a fact IMO. In other hand , he known as Intellectual artist for 70's liberals specially in countries like my country IRAN that living under dictator regimes . These guys push and put their opinions to next generations . I don't know how Roger reached to this place or why. I don't know its right or wrong about Roger but its true  .

I know some guys that sold their cars to travel outside Iran to see Roger Waters concerts ! He have too many "Huge Fans" in Iran. Perhaps he have huge fans around the world . Who knows. Iran music market is not clear . You never find how many people buy his (or another artists) albums . This may happened in another countries too. 

Roger Waters is a special musician. why he is special? Are you agree?!!
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2017 at 13:35

Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

A new Roger Waters album is comparable to a new Robert Plant album. Both were huge with their respective bands but on their own they never managed to pull in the same crowds...unless they cheat and do Floyd and Zep classics.

That works....Smile

I don't think it works at all. Plant's been quite prolific. On the other hand, Waters hasn't released an album in 25 years. And when he releases his best album since 1979, it's met with a collective yawn.

I was thinking more about old dinosaurs  doing albums that usually sell based on who they once were, but I agree that Plant is more vital that Waters and I own the recent  Plant things ......but to be honest they don't match up to what he did with Zep nor some of his early solo work imho, though they do have some nice things going on.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2017 at 06:01

Twist, disco, funk, soul; all long dead and buried.   Rock as well, I'm afraid.   Just because there's still people who like those styles doesn't mean music hasn't moved on.

I'm surprised at you saying this David. You just come across as jaded. Where is 'cutting edge Rock' in your opinion in 2017 (or are you saying that such a thing is an anachronism?) For me, these are perhaps the most conservative times for popular music that I can remember so I'm intrigued by what you think represents music 'having moved on' What people like may be passe but its popularity makes it contemporary from a cultural perspective. For me, the last 'old school' Rock band who carried even a whiff of dissent or represented a threat to the prevailing apathetic stasis were Oasis. (Shame they couldn't string two words together though...)
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2017 at 10:10

People in the cities tend to be liberal, while rural and suburban areas tend to be conservative. So much of the great rock of the 60s and 70s came out of the cities: Beatles, Stones, Who, Floyd, Bowie, Doors, Dylan. And the lyrics reflected this: They were contemporary and relevant, politically engaged, fiercely liberal, inclusive, pro-civil rights, anti-war. All the things that rap is today - and which you seem to both fault Roger Waters for, and hate rap for.

So yes, hip-hop filled the void rock left behind, at least in the US. I know in the UK it's a bit different, many excellent bands from as late as the 1990s came from cities like Manchester and London.

While that is an interesting point of view, it is only partly correct from a historical perspective.  yes, we had Beatles, Who, Floyd, Dylan but starting with Led Zep, we had a bunch of extremely successful hard rock bands who also had a penchant for misogyny to varying degrees.  Post Woodstock, it wasn't folk or psychedelia that filled stadiums but hard rock and eventually its 'improved' version - heavy metal.  Whether it's Van Halen or Scorpions or you name it, there's no shortage of misogyny in this genre but it was wildly successful and not in a fleeting way; Scorpions continued to perform at huge stadiums into the mid noughties.  They probably still do for all I know, haven't kept track.  What happened was post Guns N Roses, it has been a struggle to do something interesting that would still qualify as hard rock while also being accessible enough to draw huge crowds. 

Music journalists may like to believe/wish that only city bred music with city sensibilities and values is relevant but historically this has not been the case.  Bruce Springsteen has had a long and prolific career and clearly appeals much more to a conservative outlook.  It's not only Scorcese who keeps making films, Clint Eastwood does too.  So I am not convinced that that is the decisive factor here; rather, the hard rock formula has been beaten to death and rock hasn't found something else to replace it.  Or, it has in a way, but that involves too much keyboard/electronics to adhere to a traditional notion of rock. I guess Radiohead still perform at stadiums and so do Muse but both bands are very comfortable with electronic influence.  80s was the last decade in which pop was still somewhat live instrument based.  Elements of dance based genres became increasingly pervasive in the 90s and rock has followed this trend as well.  Grunge was maybe the last resistance to this and it too has long since fizzled out.  

Don't underestimate metal's ability to pull youngsters though.  Last year, I attended a multi band gig where my friend's band was playing and was surprised at the turnout it attracted - mostly college students.  Maybe most of them will lose touch with the local scene once they get a job (as was the case for yours truly) but it seems each new generation is still fascinated by metal.  With a genre like metal still holding sway, plain vanilla rock is kinda redundant as far as attracting youngsters goes.  Metal is harder, faster and more brutal, more technical too, so musically it beats 'normal' rock easily.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2017 at 11:29
Ermm Wasn't this thread about David Gilmour or someone from Pink Floyd?
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
jude111 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2017 at 12:33
Originally posted by rogerthat rogerthat wrote:

People in the cities tend to be liberal, while rural and suburban areas tend to be conservative. So much of the great rock of the 60s and 70s came out of the cities: Beatles, Stones, Who, Floyd, Bowie, Doors, Dylan. And the lyrics reflected this: They were contemporary and relevant, politically engaged, fiercely liberal, inclusive, pro-civil rights, anti-war. All the things that rap is today - and which you seem to both fault Roger Waters for, and hate rap for.

So yes, hip-hop filled the void rock left behind, at least in the US. I know in the UK it's a bit different, many excellent bands from as late as the 1990s came from cities like Manchester and London.

While that is an interesting point of view, it is only partly correct from a historical perspective.  yes, we had Beatles, Who, Floyd, Dylan but starting with Led Zep, we had a bunch of extremely successful hard rock bands who also had a penchant for misogyny to varying degrees.  Post Woodstock, it wasn't folk or psychedelia that filled stadiums but hard rock and eventually its 'improved' version - heavy metal.  Whether it's Van Halen or Scorpions or you name it, there's no shortage of misogyny in this genre but it was wildly successful and not in a fleeting way; Scorpions continued to perform at huge stadiums into the mid noughties.  They probably still do for all I know, haven't kept track.  What happened was post Guns N Roses, it has been a struggle to do something interesting that would still qualify as hard rock while also being accessible enough to draw huge crowds. 
Right, what you wrote actually reinforces my statements: After white flight and the suburbanization of rock music in the US, the new generation of American white suburban teens didn't want psychedelic rock produced in the cities, they wanted country rock and heavy metal. Metal's rise is due in large part because of the changing demographics in the US, where misogyny and homophobia was quite common in the rural countryside of America. (American suburban kids wanted bare-chested he-men, not sexually ambiguous figures like Bowie, T.Rex or Morrissey.) As I noted earlier, early urban rock music were contemporary and relevant, politically engaged, fiercely liberal, inclusive, pro-civil rights, anti-war. However, the suburban generations didn't want this; they wanted metal, with lyrics about demons and satanic rituals, monsters and goblins, elves and Mordor - in other words, the white retreat into fantasy that accompanied the retreat from the cities. The new urban music such as hip-hop filled the vacuum rock left behind.
Originally posted by rogerthat rogerthat wrote:

Bruce Springsteen has had a long and prolific career and clearly appeals much more to a conservative outlook.

Springsteen wasn't from the city center; he's from the periphery, a Jersey suburb far outside NYC; his feet were plant in both places: his orientation was both towards the Big Apple, but also away from it. His music wasn't about the glories of the city, it was about escaping the jungleland, being born to run, hopping in the car and hitting the highway (always a symbol of escape and freedom for Springsteen), getting as far away from the east coast as possible - even all the way to Nebraska. So you're right, even though Springsteen's politics are to the left, his lyrical and musical approach appeals more to the conservative outlook, as you say. His music in the late 70s and early 80s tapped into the process of white flight that was taking place.

Edited by jude111 - June 16 2017 at 13:05
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2017 at 14:39
Originally posted by ExittheLemming ExittheLemming wrote:

I'm surprised at you saying this David. You just come across as jaded. Where is 'cutting edge Rock' in your opinion in 2017 (or are you saying that such a thing is an anachronism?) For me, these are perhaps the most conservative times for popular music that I can remember so I'm intrigued by what you think represents music 'having moved on' What people like may be passe but its popularity makes it contemporary from a cultural perspective. For me, the last 'old school' Rock band who carried even a whiff of dissent or represented a threat to the prevailing apathetic stasis were Oasis. (Shame they couldn't string two words together though...)

Not jaded, just observing what seems to be the current state of rock music.  But it's not the end of the world; as you point out, many styles die-off but remain popular, like jazz, country, etc.   Where is cutting edge rock?   I don't really see any but everything has a lifespan and it seems that rock has run its evolutionary course.   Sure people still like the classics but when's the last time you heard about an all-weekend rock concert or the excitement one used to feel when a new album by a beloved band was being released?--  those things were events, momentous occurrences, something... important.   I don't really see that anymore but maybe I'm just old.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
jude111 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2017 at 21:42

Not jaded, just observing what seems to be the current state of rock music.  But it's not the end of the world; as you point out, many styles die-off but remain popular, like jazz, country, etc.   Where is cutting edge rock?   I don't really see any but everything has a lifespan and it seems that rock has run its evolutionary course.   Sure people still like the classics but when's the last time you heard about an all-weekend rock concert or the excitement one used to feel when a new album by a beloved band was being released?--  those things were events, momentous occurrences, something... important.   I don't really see that anymore but maybe I'm just old.

More and more, I wonder if the problem isn't America: The constant craving to bulldoze the past, and start anew. I see this in my own city in Greater Boston, where two historic churches built by European immigrants and worthy of standing in Florence, Italy are set to be demolished. Britpop was accused by Americans of being an exercise in nostalgia, of returning to a mythic past. On the other hand, in the UK it was viewed as being part of a continuum, building upon the foundations not just of the Beatles, Stones and Kinks, but also glam, the Smiths, the Madchester scene, Big Beat, etc. Sadly, because of America's economic clout, their narrative tends to exercise hegemony and win out. 

Americans love to bulldoze their history and re-do the past. Look at Star Trek: endless remakes, do-overs and prequels. (Another prequel's in the works as we speak.) This is in contrast to the UK's Doctor Who, where re-generation ensures continuity, as the past is constantly alluded to, and new plots add to its mythology.

Edited by jude111 - June 16 2017 at 21:49
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2017 at 00:31

Right, what you wrote actually reinforces my statements: After white flight and the suburbanization of rock music in the US, the new generation of American white suburban teens didn't want psychedelic rock produced in the cities, they wanted country rock and heavy metal. Metal's rise is due in large part because of the changing demographics in the US, where misogyny and homophobia was quite common in the rural countryside of America. (American suburban kids wanted bare-chested he-men, not sexually ambiguous figures like Bowie, T.Rex or Morrissey.) As I noted earlier, early urban rock music were contemporary and relevant, politically engaged, fiercely liberal, inclusive, pro-civil rights, anti-war. However, the suburban generations didn't want this; they wanted metal, with lyrics about demons and satanic rituals, monsters and goblins, elves and Mordor - in other words, the white retreat into fantasy that accompanied the retreat from the cities. The new urban music such as hip-hop filled the vacuum rock left behind.

Springsteen wasn't from the city center; he's from the periphery, a Jersey suburb far outside NYC; his feet were plant in both places: his orientation was both towards the Big Apple, but also away from it. His music wasn't about the glories of the city, it was about escaping the jungleland, being born to run, hopping in the car and hitting the highway (always a symbol of escape and freedom for Springsteen), getting as far away from the east coast as possible - even all the way to Nebraska. So you're right, even though Springsteen's politics are to the left, his lyrical and musical approach appeals more to the conservative outlook, as you say. His music in the late 70s and early 80s tapped into the process of white flight that was taking place.

I think you've missed the essence of my post, which was that the turn to conservatism did not in fact cost rock music its relevance.  It remained hugely successful in terms of album sales through the 90s and is still a good draw as far as live shows go.  So why are new bands struggling to either sell albums or draw huge audiences?  Because, as I said, hard rock has been done to death.  Nobody needs another AC DC album, much less another AC DC.  Britpop/alt rock has been successful in drawing audiences but don't sound enough like the traditional notion of rock.  

By the by, as per RIAA stats, classic rock and current top 40 hits were the most preferred options for all internet users (legal or illegal) as well as music buyers.  Only P2P downloaders preferred rap/hip hop the most, which wouldn't make a lot of money for the artists, I guess. 

The problems of rock aren't ideological, just of mundane musical stagnation.

BarryGlibb View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2017 at 01:16

How about Radiohead and Oasis? I realize Oasis didn't really catch on in the US, but elsewhere they were massive and easily sold out stadiums. They both came out of the UK in the 1990s, and there are several other bands from that era that I'm quite fond of as well (the Verve, Manics, Suede, Supergrass, Spiritualized, etc). I could be wrong, but it seems like nothing since then is inspired by that period of rock history, it just kind of petered out...

I am sure die hard PF appreciators will buy his new album but that would be about it. Once you get to the age of 70, I think retirement in a nice nursing home for old (prog)rockers would be appropriate.

As far as rock being dead; let's just say rock is in a moribund state.

But people are forgetting one exception and that is "The Arctic Monkeys" they seem to be getting better and better IMHO and they are playing rock that seems to get the youfff in and their last album, AM, made it to No. 1 everywhere (I love it) and their previous 4 albums all made the top 10. Alex Turner is a genius and even though I am very old I do appreciate the Arctic Monkeys (rock) music and their lyrics. As far as I am concerned it's refreshing rock.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>