Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHello Everyone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello Everyone
    Posted: July 27 2017 at 17:04
Hello fellow proggers. My favorite prog band is Yes. I especially love all their albums from "The Yes Album" through "Going for the One." They are just the prog masters imo, can't be topped. Genesis is.. "ok" too lol. No, I love "Selling England..", "Foxtrot", "Nursery Cryme", "The Lamb.." Even "Trespass" is surprisingly good, and "A Trick of the Tail" is great(I think it gets underrated in their catalogue because Gabriel had left). Anyway, love the first four studio albums by ELP. Especially the second, third, and fourth ones. And ESPECIALLY the third and fourth ones. Those albums are just so enjoyable. One of my very favorite prog albums is "Mirage" by Camel. That album is great from start to finish, and then kicks your ass at the end there with Lady Fantasy! I don't know.. don't like other albums by them as much(though everything I've heard has been good). Oh.. Caravan, I really like all of their first seven studio albums(kind of a guilty pleasure of mine at the moment). Yes, even "Blind Dog.." That album is fantastic. But then, similar to ELP, they kind of fell off a cliff after that.. "The Album"(oh no). At least not quite as terrible as "Love Beach" lol. Ok, one more thing(sorry). "An Invisible World Revealed" by Krokodil. GREAT album. A bit of an acquired taste, but when you acquire it.. man is it good.

Sorry this turned out to be so long. Lurking on this forum for a while now, it looks like a great fit for me. Look forward to meeting you all. Thanks for having me.  
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2017 at 18:58
A big welcome to the site ~

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Blaqua View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2017 at 19:25
Hey &welcome,

If you want something offbeat from the classic era, listen to Gentle Giant, especially albums like Acquiring the Taste and Octopus

YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2017 at 19:57
Thanks a lot for the welcomes. Oh I know Gentle Giant.. I love their "In a Glass House" album. Also "The Power and the Glory", "Three Friends", "Free Hand" etc. "Octopus", of course. I don't think I've heard "Acquiring the Taste" yet.. I'll have to check that one out. Yeah I like them a lot, very proggy. 

Some bands I would like to maybe explore further are King Crimson, I really only know their "In the Court.." album. I like it(relaxes me). I tried listing to "Red" and wasn't digging it for some reason. Also Jethro Tull, again with them I really only listen to their "Thick as a Brick" album, which I like a lot. But other stuff by them seems to be like overplayed on classic rock radio. 
 Post Reply Post Reply