Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBahamas ('70s French band) for Crossover

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bahamas ('70s French band) for Crossover
    Posted: August 19 2017 at 23:10
I just discovered a '70s French band called Bahamas. In this group was keyboardist Dominique Perrier and drummer Roger Rizzetelli, some of you will recognize those names as the duo that makes up the electronic outfit Space Art, and Perrier playing for Jean Michel Jarre. Bahamas is very much a different can of worms, this is hardly electronic music. They released only one album, Le Voyageur Immobile in 1976 on the Les Disques Motors label (this is the same label that originally released Jarre's Oxygene in France many months before its international release), but instead of electronic music in the vein of Jarre or Space Art, you get very undeniably crossover prog here. Not completely sure how to describe this, it's clearly not symphonic (doesn't sound eclectic to me, either), there's elements from rock and pop, but there's still a prog approach to the music, so I feel this is very much crossover prog. There are vocals (in French), guitar, bass, drums, and keyboards. Nice album, unfortunately their only album, but since two of its members wanted to explore electronic music, it's no wonder Bahamas broke up. Strange how some musicians we associate with electronic music would do something like what Bahamas does here, but there you go. It's another one of those bands whose albums (or in this case, sole album) had never been reissued in any capacity, so that's why it hasn't been included here.

Here's the album:

If you feel this is worthy of inclusion in PA, and need to dig some info on Discogs (like label, catalog number, personell, tracklisting, etc.), the band is referred to as Bahamas (5).
 Post Reply Post Reply