Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMancunian Candidate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mancunian Candidate
    Posted: August 22 2017 at 12:25

Hi there.

My name is Matt and I would like to introduce my latest musical offering Mancunian Candidate to the Progarchives community.  

I am posting at the suggestion of a Progarchives member who has contacted me to let me know that Mancunian Candidate is going through an evaluation to be included on this site in the crossover category and it was suggested I should post here.

Some of you may know me as drummer/vocalist for Moth Vellum, a progressive rock band that released a successful independent album in 2008 and played some fabulous shows, including a memorable performance at Rosfest. I was also lead vocalist for Raising Lazarus, a record and project headed by Matt Bissonette ( Jughead, Elton John, Joe Satriani, Dave Lee Roth)  and tour drummer for Fila Brazillia (UK electronica pioneers).

Mancunian (pronounced Man Q Knee Un) Candidate is a nine song (14track) full length continuous play (gapless play) album. For this reason, I would advise people interested in purchasing this album to buy the CD or download from Itunes or CDbaby to experience the music as it was  intended.  There is an option to get the FLAC download from CDbaby but as far as I know many FLAC players do not support gapless play.

I think the music would appeal to anybody who loves melodic/symphonic prog rock/pop. The tunes range from 2.5 minute pop/rock arrangements to 15 minute epics. There is an hour of music in total. 

I play drums, sing, play keys and acoustic guitar on the record.

I am joined by Matthew Charles Heulitt (Moetar, Narada Michael Walden Ziggabo Modeliste) and Johnny Heyes (Mica Paris, Tito Jackson, Errol Brown, Badbone & Co) on electric guitar guitars.

The low-end is covered by a star-studded cast of bass players, with rumblings courtesy of Matt Bissonette (Elton John, David Lee Roth, Joe Satriani), Neil Fairclough (Queen & Adam Lambert), Jon Evans (Tori Amos, Sarah Mclauchlan), Ollie Collins (Black Rivers, Alan Parsons, Badly Drawn Boy) and long-time Swindells collaborator Andy Shepley (Stealing Spitfires). Mandolin is played by Jasper Wilkinson (I Am Your Autopilot).

For more info see :- http://www.mancuniancandidatemusic.com/ but feel free to ask me any questions here.

Thanks

Matt

(Bradley George)

Edited by Bradley George - August 22 2017 at 12:28
Bradley George View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2017 at 12:34
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2017 at 15:05
Great introduction to your project Matt! Thumbs Up The evaluation can be followed here: http://progfreak.com/Mancunian-Candidate-168622.html?path=pa/recent (one 'yes' vote so far).
Bradley George View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2017 at 20:58
Thanks Yam Yam!

DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2018 at 01:28
 Post Reply Post Reply