Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedtriumvirat ( spartacus )

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: triumvirat ( spartacus )
    Posted: November 06 2017 at 15:29
This a record that i discovered when i was 15,found at a friend,s house on the old capitol record ,when listened to i honestly thought i was the GERMANY,S answer to EMERSON,LAKE and PALMER but after listening many times over ,i am completely WRONG about TRIUMVIRAT the comparison simply ends at songs over arrangements there are probably ,hundreds and if thousand reviews of this record but the standouts for me THE SCHOOL OF INSTANT PAIN ,THE SWEETEST SOUND OF LIBERTY but the true gem has got to be SPARTACUS any thoughts or suggestions of other album ,i already heard ILLUSION ON A DOUBLE DIMPLE could not really get into much preferred the vocals on SPARTACUS ,once again thanks for reading.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2017 at 21:12
Great band, very good record.

but Illusions is definitely their best imho.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2017 at 11:03
You can try Mediterranean Tales: Unremarkable vocals but exceptionnal compositions. Old loves die hard is worth a listen and Pompeii is pretty good too.
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2017 at 14:40
Spartacus is also my favorite T'rat, and Old Loves Die Hard is great, too. You can't go wrong with either.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2017 at 00:51
Illusions is a pretty impressive album and showed they could be ELP's 'stand in'! Spartacus leaves me a bit cold as its a bit messy and all over the place but I think they were desperate to move away from the ELP comparison , and they did it to some extent, even if Jurgen Fritz was still playing a la Emerson..
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2017 at 06:45
I had to weigh in on this.
         Spartacus is an absolutely perfect concept album; lyrically, instrumentally, emotionally. The band were at their peak, and along with the previous Illusions On A Double Dimple, Spartacus showed they could be the very best progressive rock on the planet.
      There is something unique about these records, I guess you could label it an "atmosphere" that is all their own. I am fully aware of the ELP comparisons, but Triumvirat are their own way, in my books.
        Yeah, Mediterranean Tales is not that great in vocal delivery, but instrumentally makes up for that in spades.

Post Reply Post Reply