Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedkansas (audio-visions)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: kansas (audio-visions)
    Posted: November 28 2017 at 17:54
Hello kansas fans this is a first review upon listening for the very first time audio- visions by KANSAS being a life long fan this i have to talk about this every track is pure hard rock,pure kansas not kansas with different members but with the original lineup i hear just about everything, that i like about kansas from the christian themed opener RELENTLESS to the closer anthem BACK DOOR the weakest track for me was DON,T OPEN YOUR EYES maybe other fans enjoy this is not say what i say holds any water,but for true kansas fans this record is absolutely fantastic give it a spin ,you will not be disappointed a swan song, to loyal rock fans remember before new wave and mtv took over the eighties unbelievable i brought it for 5 bucks any other thoughts i welcome them cheers.
Steve Wyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2018 at 10:31
There are people who really like this album, but as a long-time Kansas listener I consider it substandard. The cover is hideous, "Loner", "Don't Open Your Eyes", and "No Room for a Stranger" are embarrassingly weak, and the other songs, while not bad, are nowhere near the best the band has ever done. Consider this a "completists only" album.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2018 at 10:44
Well.....I'm a Kansas fan but haven't listened to that one in a long time....I'll ck it out and get back to this thread.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2018 at 15:59
Yeah, the cover does not impress, but this is still a pretty good Kansas album, and a pretty good Kansas album is better than a lot of other mainstream rock records.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2018 at 20:38
^ That's true but at this point they were past their heyday. Just doesn't have those epic songs as on the first 5 albums.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Jzrk View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2018 at 18:01
I am a big KANSAS fan and this one is my I but no where near their best.I think things went south after Point If No Return.
Audio Visions isn’t a bad album in my opinion but it’s just a notch or two below there earlier works
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2018 at 18:07
It's actually not bad. I have never heard the two Elefante albums that immediately followed so I can't compare them. From what I understand though this is sort of middle of the pack Kansas. I think it's good but they do have several albums that are much better. I think even Monolith is over all a bit better. Of the songs I remember off the top of my head I like "got to rock on,""no one together," "relentless," and especially "hold on." 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - February 05 2018 at 18:14
 Post Reply Post Reply