Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Explain Your Avatar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2018 at 13:23
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

The site has an issue with censorship needing to cover nipples to keep 'the powers that be' happy so we end up marring perfectly good art. My avatar was a protest against that, I like it so I kept it.

that's one of the reasons i don't show the cover of our 2nd album in public

Edited by BaldJean - February 07 2018 at 13:24

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
TheGazzardian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheGazzardian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2018 at 13:27
A character from a game I developed (that is no longer available unfortunately)
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2018 at 13:28
I collect shells. A conchologist rather. This pic is a very rare and highly prized Pterynotus phyllopterus, only found in Guadeloupe and Martinique. Took me years to acquire this, and it’s a peach colour, but in the avi it looks yellow for some reason.
LearsFool View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LearsFool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2018 at 13:32
I'm rockin' Monotonprodukt 07, a vital ur-text of electronic music with a killer and eclectic tracklist, one of the best albums of the '80s and probably the single best album ever to come out of Austria. Pro-tip: the tracklist works still better when played back-to-front.

Those lines in the middle are blank music staves:

dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2018 at 13:34
Originally posted by Squonk19 Squonk19 wrote:

But Dr Wu.....are you really just a shadow of the man that I once knew? Are you crazy, are you high, or just an ordinary guy?
Anyway...my avatar is rather obvious.....although it is also just how I feel after I teach my Year 11 bottom set on the last lesson on a Friday afternoon......Just a pool of tears!

My name is actually from that Steely Dan song.....but I used to spend a lot of time reading about eastern mysticism and doing zen bench sitting and some Hindu meditation so   I decided on that avatar which I have used on most forums over the years. 
Now I am old.....so it seems to fit.
;)
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2018 at 13:37
 ^Lears Fool,  Who is the dude at the bottom of the page?

Edited by Argo2112 - February 07 2018 at 13:38
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2018 at 13:38
This thread is awesome!

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2018 at 13:53
Mine's just a really old piece of art from an old Mac site.
Welcome to the middle of the film.
LearsFool View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LearsFool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2018 at 14:03
Originally posted by Argo2112 Argo2112 wrote:

^Lears Fool,  Who is the dude at the bottom of the page?

That's a character from the comedic Japanese show Cromartie High School who is probably/almost certainly meant to be Freddie Mercury. He is constantly barechested, often seen riding a horse, and is heralded by Queen's "Procession".
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2018 at 14:11
Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

Friede and I use the same avatar, the cover of the first album of our band Bald Angels, "The Goat and the Donkey". it was produced in a limited edition of 500 copies only which we sold at our restaurant. the cover shows the two of us depicted by a befriended artist with Friede on the left and me on the right.

the cover of our second album "It's a Dog's Life", also in a limited edition of 500 copies, is extremely daring, so we chose not to use that one

What kind of food? I'm all about food. I'm an omnivore.
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2018 at 14:14

if anyone is curious about the cover of our 2nd album I'll be glad to show it in a PM

Yes, please. Curiosity = piqued.
Run Home Slow View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Run Home Slow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2018 at 14:15
Mine is from: Gayland Morris artist, colorful Frank Zappa painting

Edited by Run Home Slow - February 07 2018 at 14:18
If you got ears, you gotta listen — Captain Beefheart
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2018 at 14:19
Nice thread!

Mine, of course is a slightly blurred image of my political adviser, Alfred E. Neuman of MAD magazine.
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2018 at 14:24
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

Friede and I use the same avatar, the cover of the first album of our band Bald Angels, "The Goat and the Donkey". it was produced in a limited edition of 500 copies only which we sold at our restaurant. the cover shows the two of us depicted by a befriended artist with Friede on the left and me on the right.

the cover of our second album "It's a Dog's Life", also in a limited edition of 500 copies, is extremely daring, so we chose not to use that one

international haute cuisine

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2018 at 14:25
It sounds vagina-flavoured.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2018 at 14:44
King Crimson's "discipline" album cover. Duh.Tongue
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2018 at 14:45
The long and winding road
That leads to your door
Will never disappear

(Got tired of Saint-Exupéry's Little Prince drawing but someday will eventually get back to it since it's one of my literary fixations)

Edited by Quinino - February 07 2018 at 14:49
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2018 at 14:51

Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

international haute cuisine

Really? Wow. Are you the chef(s), too?
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2018 at 14:52
Originally posted by Vompatti Vompatti wrote:

It sounds vagina-flavoured.

Evolver View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evolver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2018 at 14:53
Duckman.
What the hell are you staring at?

Trust me. I know what I'm doing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>