Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFargo (TV series)

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Do you have a favourite Fargo season?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [50.00%]
1 [25.00%]
1 [25.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fargo (TV series)
    Posted: February 10 2018 at 18:10
Don't know how much interest this will get. I haven't finished watching the third season yet, so I won't vote. Love the first two seasons, but would choose the first. Any other fans of this show here?

Fargo season 4 is expected to return in 2019.
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2018 at 02:13
Season three is my favorite ahead of the second season - which was great as well. Carrie Coon is is probably my favorite actress doing her best work right now. She's brilliant in Fargo but out of this world amazing in Leftovers (another series I prefer season 2 & 3 - by far)

-The rich playfulness works better then ever within the context of the story in the latest season (imo), the musical choices and the score is both fantastic and the villain is so much more interesting than previously (Didn't enjoy Billy Bob or his dumb haircut very much. I just didn't believe in him). 
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2018 at 02:18
I watched the first and most of the second, lost track after that.  But I should check out season 3.  Good strange adaptation of the film and Martin Freeman was excellent .

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2018 at 09:17
Martin Freeman was indeed excellent -- his character resonated deeply with me.

Love season 2 as well, but it wasn't as memorable or poignant to me as there was no character that I empathised/ identified with as much as in season 2 as with Martin Freeman's Lester Nygaard.

I haven't seen The Leftovers -- looks good.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2018 at 09:32
that sounds like that might be interesting.... loved the movie....if only the TV which hasn't been used in years and exists in our home as a conversation piece.  I blame the complete and utter disaster and sh*t show that was what GoT became starting in season 3 completely turning me off on what is being put on TV these days.. to the point where we said the hell with cable TV and mothballed the TV.  If it weren't for Raff's cleanliness streak... there might be now be a 6 inch layer of dust on the damn thing.  

Edited by micky - February 11 2018 at 09:33
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2018 at 09:40
Fargo is superb. That and Westworld (highly recommend Westworld), plus Black Mirror and Stranger Things are a few of my favourites that are still in production. Still have the new Twin Peaks to watch on my list, and American Horror Story.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2018 at 14:04
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

that sounds like that might be interesting.... loved the movie....if only the TV which hasn't been used in years and exists in our home as a conversation piece.  I blame the complete and utter disaster and sh*t show that was what GoT became starting in season 3 completely turning me off on what is being put on TV these days.. to the point where we said the hell with cable TV and mothballed the TV.  If it weren't for Raff's cleanliness streak... there might be now be a 6 inch layer of dust on the damn thing.  

I agree the last season was not up to par, but I thought most of it up through about season 5 was surprisingly good.

Mike you have such high standards, it must be hard to like very much these days.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2018 at 14:29
I wasn't the only one who lost their cool with season 3...  but obviously for there were many of us.  Militant book fans.. and fanatics.  The series could have NEVER done the series justice for its breadth and scope.. but instead of a adaptation.. we got glorified fan fiction and much of it badly.. badly written.  Good acting can only carry something so far.

as far as my standards?  Yeah..  perhaps the stresses and strains of the job carrying outside of 9-5. While a very easy going person normally... with promotion came losing my A team I was used to working with and now I am training a bunch of greenhorns and kids. and they fear me.. rightful so.  My standards are extremely high, my tongue very sharp for the  job is HIGHLY unforgiving of mistakes or imperfections. As my boss found out last week when I roundly cussed him out for putting me into a potential fatal spot, not to mention the hundreds of thousnans.. maybe a million plus in damage I could have caused. All because he didn't take the time to listen to the very question I asked.  bah....

Edited by micky - February 11 2018 at 14:31
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2018 at 15:35
Ohh, okay, you read the books.   I haven't, 'nuff said.

And right on for speaking up to the boss, people forget to stand up sometimes (and risk having some integrity).  Or worse, honesty.

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2018 at 15:56
both Raff and I are.. not just me and my standards on that and we both left the TV show in disgust...

honesty?  It is still appreciated and respected it seems.  That is exactly what my boss told me David hahah.. while he had doubts about my good sense.. talking to him as I was.. what he had no doubts about was my integrity.. and honesty.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2018 at 16:21
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

Love season 2 as well, but it wasn't as memorable or poignant to me as there was no character that I empathised/ identified with as much as in season 2 as with Martin Freeman's Lester Nygaard.
I should probably be pleased that I don't identify much with Lester Nygaard. Its almost strange how all seasons feature a 100% honest, good and righteous cop working under an idiot boss - all of them up against villains that are plain forces of evil. No nuance in character and very old school. But it pretty much works. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2018 at 16:25
TV doesn't get much better than this btw
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2018 at 14:51
Originally posted by Saperlipopette! Saperlipopette! wrote:

Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

I should probably be pleased that I don't identify much with Lester Nygaard. Its almost strange how all seasons feature a 100% honest, good and righteous cop working under an idiot boss - all of them up against villains that are plain forces of evil. No nuance in character and very old school. But it pretty much works. 

While I identify with certain aspects of his life, I like to think that I have more of a conscience than he does.

It is a black comedy of a sort, so I take the ridiculousness and lack of credulity in stride. It works for me as a sort of send-up. I love the show.
Junges View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2018 at 05:09
Season 1.
 Post Reply Post Reply