Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAs gun control is not possible...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Poll Question: Is it time to fortify schools in the US?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [5.00%]
5 [25.00%]
2 [10.00%]
0 [0.00%]
12 [60.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2018 at 20:07
Originally posted by twseel twseel wrote:

Except for the windows, right? Could you imagine a school building with one door and no windows?
Securing schools as fortresses is prudent, but effective only up to the point that they are not. Gym class. Outdoor soccer field. Football games. Events don't stay within fortress walls.

Does anyone have any reflection on why school shootings? I remember a time when we had none. We used to have Post Office shootings. Now we have none of those to my knowledge. Fashion can be deadly, apparently.
A curse upon the heads of those who seek their fortunes in a lie. The truth is always waiting when there's nothing left to try. - Colin Henson, Jade Warrior (Now)
Blaqua View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2018 at 10:08
Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

I'd just written a long reply, but it was destroyed by Captcha...

I don't have time to re-write it, but in essence I just posed the question. Does the argument that someone may eventually figure out how to ge a bomb through really justify doing nothing at all in the short term to prevent shootings? You have to consider who is carrying out these attacks. They are lone individuals and not members of sophisticated terrorist organisations with contacts on the 'inside' They are far less likely to be able to get bombs through fortifications.

That's why on this forum you should always copy your message before posting it…Wink

As regards the issue in question, gun situation in the US has gotten completely sh*tty, so don’t expect a fast solution. Changing the American mindset towards guns, weakening the sickening passion for all kinds of firearms should become a priority for an improvement on a long-term basis.

Arming teachers is a dumb proposal, as wannabe killers will change their modus operandi and target the off-guard teachers first.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345