FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCoheed and cambria

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coheed and cambria
    Posted: July 07 2004 at 05:52

Ok, so i've heard a favorite band of mine refered to as 'prog-indie" i dont know how valid that is, however i'd like for you guys to give them a hear, not the song on mtv, its good,but not indicitive of what peopel are talkign about, check out "in keeping secrets of silent earth: 3" or "cute marked in the march of men", those are off the newest cd, check out "delirium trigger" or "everything evil" form the first.

i tried a search of the forum for the band and couldn;t find anythign, sorry if its been posted about.

"man your own jackhammer, man your battle stations. we'll have you dead pretty soon."
dropForge View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2004 at 09:50

I also have In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 and enjoy it quite a bit! Funny, they sound a bit like an emo-core band, but with much better guitar-playing, and the Rush/Yes influence is very obvious! I like the opening track and the final, midlength epic the best. A really infectious disc, if you ask me. I'd recommend it to other people here, but I don't think they'll like Claudio Sanchez's voice.

5 minute solo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2004 at 15:27
I HAVE ALREADY RECOMMENDED THIS BAND TO OTHER FORUM MEMBERS AND IT WASN'T QUITE THEIR CUP OF TEA. BUT PERSONALLY I THINK THEY'RE BRILLIANT! THE CROWNING DOTH ROCKTH!
You want the spoon? You can't handle the spoon!
goose View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2004 at 14:20
I liked the Mars Volta and I like some of the Coheed and Cambria stuff but I'm just envisioning a bizarre trend of mixing prog and punk coming in the near future and them nearly all sounding completely sh*t and annoying. So any more that come along with that sound I'm going to ignore for a few years, I reckon.
 Post Reply Post Reply