FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedEBow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: EBow
    Posted: April 15 2018 at 12:47
Here is a guitarist for Mad Fellaz (Italy) EBow-ing a Fender Squier Stratocaster, which makes a really cool sound. (I'm not a guitarist, so yeah, it's cool to me).  Skip ahead to the 2:03 mark.  Any other examples of using an EBow by prog musicians? Please post videos.

stegor View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2018 at 21:12

Can't have an E-Bow thread without Bill Nelson, The Master.
wiz_d_kidd View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2018 at 06:32
After looking again, I discovered that the EBow website has a boat-load of videos showing the EBow in action, on a variety of instruments...   http://www.ebow.com/youtube.php
HackettFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2018 at 12:47
I have one. Steve Hackett used to use it. Now he’s more likely to use his sustainer pickup, which does the same thing with the pickup as the “Ebow”. It vibrates all six strings so the player has to mute some notes. The Moog Guitar that came out for a limited time in the 2000s was an offshoot of this. Paul Vo also invented a line of acoustic guitars armed with magnetic string vibration that was digitally controlled to sense the plucking and then make the string vibrate in as a sawtooth, square wave or sine wave, and it allowed one to fine tune the amount of even and odd harmonics. Entirely new, something he calls acoustic synthesis. Those are no longer available, but there are several YouTube videos with people demonstrating it. Right now, back to the Ebow, he’s working on putting out something he calls an Em-pick, which is an independent gadget that will vibrate strings to whatever timbre the software provides for. He anticipates having additional sound modeling software available for the Em-pick in the future for additional expansion of possible timbres.

Edited by HackettFan - April 16 2018 at 12:50
A curse upon the heads of those who seek their fortunes in a lie. The truth is always waiting when there's nothing left to try. - Colin Henson, Jade Warrior (Now)
 Post Reply Post Reply